PDA

View Full Version : 2.5 Hours of Nonstop Killin'

Leiciphis
07-19-04, 07:19 AM
Wow. I've just got to brag about this. Had a great group last night, lvls 37-38. We were taking on Hydra and CoT (lvl 39-40) in the sewers. 5 of us were present: a scrapper, a blaster, a controller, and 2 defenders. The ENTIRE time, we were attacking something. In 2.5 hours, we had 2 minutes downtime...total....

4 of us sat around in a small intersection, as the scrapper would pull giant groups to us and immediately run for more. The stragglers (*cough* bosses *cough*) were pushed into the new wave via Repel (we REALLY need to play Safehouse Volleyball!!!), and our slaughter-fest continued.

Timewise, this beat task forces in experience. Dangerwise, we could be one-shotted by mages. Every time a person's health would drop, he had about a one-second window before death. We didn't know if we would live through each battle, but that made it even better. We burned through debt in 15 minutes, anyways. For the first time, I saw everyone (especially the healer) feel useful. One of us would die about every half hour, but none of us minded.

At one particularly rough point, the scrapper asked if he should should slow down a bit. Our controller replied with, "Don't slow down until all of us are dead!!!" and we pushed ourselves to a faster speed. After 2.5 hours, we took a 10 min break before we went into another 2 hour long run. All in all, this lasted for 7 hours, and I died 3 times. But I came out debt-free, with 10+ bubbles full of xp.

If any of you are 36-38, we'll gladly add you to this mix. Battles like this make CoH exciting.

Lemac Dushae
07-19-04, 07:36 AM
As a Tanker I love the crazy train pulls. Even after the Provoke nerf I'll still happily turn on Invincibility, pop a Discipline inspiration and run through a warehouse. My favorite of the door maps is the warehouse with the upper level break room and a large lower loading dock with two sets of steps going up either side. There are usually 3-4 groups of enemies down there and I can pull them in one lap.

Good times for all. :D

Leiciphis
07-19-04, 07:49 AM
Speaking of which...Hey Teannin, how did you spend level 33? =-)

PsiKoTicK
07-19-04, 11:27 AM
If ya sidekick me in, I'll join, and be 35 in no time.. :)

If it's a hazard zone... doh.. :(

Mrens
07-19-04, 03:57 PM
i went on 3 Taskforces in a row yesterday (My brain was mush by the time that was over) I did go from level 18-21, so it was a productive night.