PDA

View Full Version : Odd thing with msconfig

Mardoc the Dwarf
11-21-03, 12:13 PM
Okay, so I open up msconfig to change the start up boots, and like it closes itself randomly, I don't press closes, just move mouse to start up tab...and bam it closes

PsiKoTicK
11-21-03, 02:05 PM
J00 quite possibly have a virus... might try running a full scan with a fully updated scanner (AVG if you're cheap, or McAfee/Norton otherwise)...

And the first person who comments on me saying Norton is ok, bite me... 2003/2004 on a Windows XP machine works fine, and it doesn't do all the crap that I hated about Norton prior to 2003. McAfee is beginning to do that crap (like popup messages with virus notifications ALL THE DAMN TIME) as much as Norton, but I am with 7.0, not 8.0, so it doesn't bother me. Veteran Kakarat Doomstalker
65 Barbarian Assassin

EZ_Ceelorn
11-22-03, 06:17 AM
could always try housecall or panda activescan

I dont quite know how reliable they are at finding all viruses, but theyre useful for quick scans if youre doubting your antivirus software =)

EZ_JeramieDAmber
11-25-03, 02:04 PM
my dads computer was doing the same thing, avg gets the virus pretty good. funny story he was having serious issues with his computer, serious so i ran avg virus and found 78 separate viruses, about 20 worms, a couple w95 ones, real funny. but that was the problem with trying to open msconfig, viruses

jeramie None deserve praise for doing good who hath not the heart of doing evil; for good is nothing more than indolence or weakness of the will
Jeramie's Stuff

EZ_Bikkun Wolfen
11-27-03, 10:52 AM
Definitely check for viruses as this is most likely the problem, pesky little buggers they get everywhere and muck things up!!! Daldolin Deathdealer