PDA

View Full Version : Disappointed in SciFi's "Earthsea"?

FarSky
12-16-05, 12:24 AM
Maybe this will help.

Studio Ghibli has officially announced that their next feature film will be Gedo Senki (English title: Tales of Earthsea), directed by Hayao Miyazaki's son, Goro Miyazaki. The film will be an adaptation of Ursula K Le Guin's "A Wizard of Earthsea," and will be released in the Japanese theatres in July 2006.

http://www.ghibli.jp/images/ged_poster01.jpg

Lenilya
12-16-05, 12:50 AM
Ooo.. That looks badass.

DarthEnderX
12-16-05, 10:27 AM
Ohh baby.

Dragynphyre
12-16-05, 11:17 AM
now that I might watch :)

Urusai
12-16-05, 11:30 AM
Yep, Ill be catching that one.

Kraun
12-16-05, 11:45 AM
When was the last time anybody was actually not disappointed by a SciFi Pictures Original Movie?

I hear Dungeons and Dragons 2 was much better than the first one, but that isn't saying much.

FarSky
12-16-05, 11:46 AM
When was the last time anybody was actually not disappointed by a SciFi Pictures Original Movie?
Well, there was...I mean, I liked...there was that one about...

No, wait, you're right.

Boot Disk
12-16-05, 12:34 PM
Oh my God.

Oh my God.

Oh my God.

. . .

DarthEnderX
12-16-05, 10:03 PM
Well, there was...I mean, I liked...there was that one about...

No, wait, you're right.

Well, I still think both the Dune movies were better than the theater one.

BrooklynBridge
12-17-05, 12:29 AM
I liked the Dune movies as well.

Just saw the sci-fi eathsea version on dvd. I didn't think it was so bad actually. My only fault with it was it was filmed in a similar way to the Conan/Xena tv series, who's style I don't particularly care for. But it was nice to revisit the story nonetheless.

Diabalein Avidyia
12-17-05, 12:58 AM
Well, I still think both the Dune movies were better than the theater one.

your right...and its kinda sad that out of the trillons of sci-fi original movies they have made 2 worth sitting through even once.

Akaze
12-17-05, 04:02 AM
They can make whatever they want for all I care now.....I will always love them for having Outer Limits. I dont know how long Outer Limits was with them but I do know the 7th season of it was considered a sci fi original series so thats good enough for me, cause thats where I found it and learned to love it.

Stalk
12-17-05, 06:50 AM
I dont think it's been mentioned, but the movie is not based on The Wizard of Earthsea. It's based on "The Farthest Shore" and "Tehanu."

In any case, I'm looking forward to seeing how Goro Miyazaki does. Apparently, Hayao Miyazaki did not want his son, Goro to be director. Father and son conflict broadcasted all over the net for the win!

Boot Disk
12-17-05, 09:46 AM
Farthest Shore and Tehanu? Even better!

Stalkyr, where are you reading this? Can I have a link?

DarthEnderX
12-17-05, 10:13 AM
Farthest Shore and Tehanu? Even better!

What are those? Later books in the series?

Kraun
12-17-05, 11:28 AM
They can make whatever they want for all I care now.....I will always love them for having Outer Limits. I dont know how long Outer Limits was with them but I do know the 7th season of it was considered a sci fi original series so thats good enough for me, cause thats where I found it and learned to love it.

The Outer Limits was originally produced on Showtime.

Stalk
12-17-05, 12:07 PM
What are those? Later books in the series?

Yeah, it's the third and fourth book in the series.

Boot Disk, AnimeNewsNetwork has this info.