PDA

View Full Version : Secret Santa 2006 Signup

ShadowCross
11-01-06, 10:27 PM
Well, it's November again - time to think about Secret Santa again!

Please send an email to shsecretsanta@thesafehouse.org using the following as a template.

Subject: 2006 Safehouse Secret Santa
within the body of your message:
Board Name
Real Name
Address

Please follow this format or I may not get the email and you may not be included.

As always please do not participate if you cannot purchase a gift and afford to ship it.
Gift value = ~$25

Deadline for sign ups will be Monday the 27th of November and Aidden hopes to send out everyones names by the 30th of November..

If you do not receive a receipt confirmation from me within 24 hours of your submission please resend or post here.

I'm in! :gift:

Lenilya
11-01-06, 10:42 PM
As pseudo-founder of this thing, I'm in, of course.

(and damn you sX, I was waiting all week for the 1st to roll around so I could post this, but you beat me to the punch. Damn blitzkrieg.)

I'll put up a FAQ for those who haven't been part of this before later this week.

ShadowCross
11-01-06, 10:47 PM
:b

(I also put up a post in the super-secret-staff-part of this forum to ask Aidden if we can use the same email as last year)

Daton Everon
11-02-06, 04:34 AM
I'm in.

Nocte
11-02-06, 05:20 AM
I'm in. :pimp

Dragynphyre
11-02-06, 06:11 AM
Yeah, why the heck not? I didn't get or give a crappy gift last year. ;)

berael
11-02-06, 06:16 AM
Yar.

ShadowCross
11-02-06, 07:22 AM
Okay, Aidden is going to support us again - so everyone, check out my edited first post and send in those emails!

Aidden
11-02-06, 08:00 AM
anyone who sent the email prior to me posting this post needs to resend it.. sorry for that but the alias was not there and I just added it back in.

Urusai
11-02-06, 08:30 AM
Id love to join but I got financally raped this month and I wont recover until end of January. :(

Everyone have fun though. I've gotten some good gifts in the past and sent out some I wouldent mind having myself too. :D

braincandy99
11-02-06, 09:18 AM
I'm in

Tandom
11-02-06, 10:41 AM
awwww yeah baby!!!!!! I'm in like flinn

Bender
11-02-06, 03:06 PM
Im in also!

Kinare
11-02-06, 05:38 PM
I'm totally in this year. I think I've done it for the past three years.

First year I sent a desk fan that plugs in to the USB port (and I think a few other things).
Second year, my santee said they had a gothic theme at their home, so I sent a gothic toilet bowl brush (Hey they can't have that yet can they?).
Third year, I sent my santee a copy of the Pirates! game by Sid Meier.

This year I intend to do much better than the previous three.

One thing for people who actually receive your gift: Please at least acknowledge that you got it. One of the years, my santee didn't even post a thank you and to this day I have no idea if he or she got it.

Biral
11-07-06, 02:06 PM
Sent an email...didn't get any confirmation so I'm posting here...did i screw up?

Aidden
11-07-06, 02:08 PM
Sorry guys, I am in Shanghai China at the moment. I will return on the 11th and should have confirmations out to everyone by the 12th.

Bender
11-07-06, 03:30 PM
So thats why neither of my emails got an answer!

Tandom
11-07-06, 04:33 PM
:8 Aidden's been Shanghai'd

Dorla
11-08-06, 04:26 PM
I'm in - this is always fun. :)

Diziet Asahi
11-09-06, 05:53 AM
I'm in too this year

innur
11-10-06, 08:47 AM
Im in. lucky person might get something cool from Iraq

ShadowCross
11-10-06, 11:42 AM
As long as it's not a living camel spider :p

Meddik
11-10-06, 07:06 PM
Or an IED.

Or a Camel Spider with an IED strapped to its back.

Or an IED filled with Camel Spiders.

Dahne
11-11-06, 01:20 PM
I'm in! Can't pass up the chance to get a chunk of rubble from inuur!

Qtip4urMamma
11-11-06, 03:15 PM
You know i'm in!

innur
11-12-06, 03:30 AM
lucky person: "Hmmm, why is this package ticking, and whats that scratching noise coming from the inside?"

PsiKoTicK
11-12-06, 07:51 AM
I've been in and stuff, but I finally decided to post :x

Lilum
11-12-06, 08:49 AM
I couldn't do it last year but I'm in for this year.

Sorry Len I don't work for the state anymore so no more bright orange hats.

Aidden
11-14-06, 06:51 AM
I have not yet sent out confirmations, but it looks like everyone who has posted in this thread has been received plus a few who haven't posted.

I still plan on sending out confirmations. Just been very busy since I got home from China.

2 puppies makes it very hard to sit down in my office for very long.

Velvetrose
11-14-06, 07:15 PM
I want to do this again...please.....

I had fun the last time I did this.

I was hiding in my closet last year but now I am out...

I'm in

Sammyu
11-15-06, 12:10 AM
I signed up this year, didnt have a chance to participate last year because of lack of green in the bank account. I can afford it now tho n_n

and i actually have posts to read, unlike a couple of years back when I first participated :p

Lenilya
11-15-06, 01:10 PM
Excuses involving China

Dude, China was your excuse last year. Pick a new country at least!

DoonBackfighter
11-22-06, 08:20 AM
Sounds like fun. I'm in. :)

Lenilya
11-26-06, 08:30 PM
/poke

Dragynphyre
11-27-06, 05:47 AM
I'm with Len. Someone tell me who to shop for so I can hopefully get it to them by the 25th, pleeeeease?

DoonBackfighter
11-27-06, 09:09 AM
Sent the email on the 22nd and never got a confirmation. :frown

Solanar
11-27-06, 09:47 AM
I'm with Len. Someone tell me who to shop for so I can hopefully get it to them by the 25th, pleeeeease?

Per the first post, names will be sent out by the 30th.

I'm assuming they just decided to not send out confirmation emails.

Meddik
11-30-06, 03:10 AM
Ditto on no confirmation.

Lilum
11-30-06, 03:50 AM
Yeah I emailed twice and never got confirmation.

Aidden
11-30-06, 05:33 PM
Emails going out now over the next hour or so..

I have added a request for read reciept in the email so please click yes to acknowledge the receipt.

If you do not receive your Santee email within the next 2 hours please post here.

Aidden
11-30-06, 06:56 PM
All emails are now out.

If for some reason you are not prompted for a return receipt due to your email client, please click the reply button and then send. That will be enough for me to know you got it.

Also the first couple of emails that went out will be from my Speakeasy email account. Thats me.

Check your spam folders.

Have fun!

Daton Everon
11-30-06, 07:57 PM
Got mine, ordered gift(s). Should be sent soon.

Hint for my Santee... You might want to wear a Hazmat suit (http://www.unitednuclear.com/isotopes.htm).

Lenilya
11-30-06, 08:01 PM
Got my victim, deciding what to get.

I'm really at a loss with this year's choice!

Solanar
11-30-06, 09:12 PM
How many participated?

Dragynphyre
12-01-06, 05:42 AM
got my victim - now to decide what they deserve ;)

innur
12-01-06, 06:28 AM
Hmmm I didnt recieve one... nor did i ever recieve anything about signing up for it. yes i did send an email with all my info

ShadowCross
12-01-06, 06:36 AM
there wasn't an confirmation email for the signup - just the information email with name/address of your victim.. uhh... santee :)

Aidden
12-01-06, 07:00 AM
Innur,

Check your spam folder. yours was received and sent out last night to the email address you sent your original email from.

Bender
12-01-06, 08:04 AM
Gift sent. Had to send it off as soon as I got the info on the person or I knew I would forget!

Kinare
12-01-06, 08:12 AM
Trying to plan something diabolical for my secret santee :)

innur
12-01-06, 09:47 PM
ok i got the Email

getting a present soon

Meddik
12-01-06, 10:41 PM
Mine was a tough one. Too many options to go, but I'm betting that I found something they have never seen before. (In other words, I went somehere other than Thinkgeek.

Trolo
12-02-06, 08:44 AM
Hooray, sent!

DoonBackfighter
12-02-06, 09:07 AM
Present sent! :evil

Sammyu
12-03-06, 03:31 PM
mine is sent :)

braincandy99
12-04-06, 02:31 PM
Present Sent!

Dragynphyre
12-05-06, 06:17 AM
Sent!

PsiKoTicK
12-06-06, 06:40 AM
Mine's sent - hopefully they don't already have it ;)

Daton Everon
12-06-06, 08:00 AM
Mine's sent. (this year's gift was so good I almost kept it for myself)

Lenilya
12-06-06, 10:49 AM
$0.01

Lenilya
12-06-06, 04:35 PM
Recieved:

One Maroon Tshirt.

Front: Tea Geek
Back: This is my black tea shirt.

That's what I get for trying to ban sollon? A shirt? Dang, I should devote more of my time to trying to banninate people. Thanks, Santa!

I know who you are and where you live. ^^

Lilum
12-06-06, 07:36 PM
Sent

Solanar
12-06-06, 07:45 PM
How many participated?

I quote myself for an unanswered question - how many participated :wtf

ShadowCross
12-06-06, 10:16 PM
Sent

Aidden
12-07-06, 06:51 AM
I quote myself for an unanswered question - how many participated :wtf

Kinare
12-07-06, 07:33 AM
I got emergency contraception for my santee! Just kidding =p Still piecing mine together.

DoonBackfighter
12-08-06, 05:22 AM
Bender, please check your inbox. :ontome

(Hate giving away myself as your Santa, but it's to avoid a possible problem.)

Diziet Asahi
12-08-06, 08:56 AM
Mine's on its way. I think it's spot on for a safehouser

Atnas Terces Kiddem
12-10-06, 02:21 PM
I have sent mine.

It is a knife with a small card that reads 'Do-it-yourself-vesectomy-kit'

Meddik
12-10-06, 03:24 PM
ooh, Ooh, that sounds like something I could use.

Dahne
12-11-06, 06:35 PM
Haven't gotten started on the paper that's due Wednesday, but the present is shipped!

innur
12-12-06, 07:12 AM
recieved my gift, thank you santa. command andconquer DVD is gonna rock

berael
12-12-06, 07:54 AM
Sent mine...it's going straight from the merchant, tho, so the receipt may give too much away. Ah well, them's the breaks. ;p

Dragynphyre
12-12-06, 08:01 AM
Will be out of the office for a few days, hopefully mine doesn't get here till Monday, I hate to have packages delivered when I'm not here.

Daton Everon
12-12-06, 11:25 AM
Thanks Santa!

Got 3 new books! All from the Dragon riders of Pern series by Anne McCaffrey, none of which I have read before. But I hear it's a really good series.

Dragonflight, Dragonquest, and Dragonsdawn

Thanks bunches Santa! (innur)

P.S. Double thanks for not including a Camel Spider!

Dragynphyre
12-12-06, 12:55 PM
Yay Daton! Your Santa chose some good books.

You'll probably get hooked on the whole series like I did so many years ago.

Tandom
12-13-06, 01:34 PM
Classical Art meets Office Decor!!!!! (official Mona Lisa time is 3:10)
and alien trucker shirts FTW!!!!!!

Santa(braincandy99) this year was awsome.

Thanks,
Tandom

Tandom
12-13-06, 01:37 PM
Dear My Santa Victim,
I just for a note back from my supplier..... Backorder>:( >:( >:( . they are trying to get it to me asap and I will send it off to you even faster.

I'm sorry for the delay It's comeing as soon as possible... sorry for the delay.

Tandom

DoonBackfighter
12-13-06, 03:44 PM
Thanks for the present Santa! (not sure who it was, but they're from Paris so I suppose I could find out if I wanted to :) ) It can never hurt to take a look at the other team's play book. :zombie

braincandy99
12-13-06, 03:48 PM
cool! someone gave me Max Brooks' new book World War Z. Enjoying it immensely. You should swing by Bookpeople and pick it up when you finish that one. That's a great gift!

braincandy99
12-14-06, 10:37 AM
Present(s) received! but they're wrapped so I'm gonna wait. Thanks mystery santa!

Estebar
12-14-06, 05:52 PM
Got mine. I actually had it for a while, but decided not to open it until after I had shipped my stuff out.

Got Penny Arcade books. Unfortunately, I already had bacon robots, but I'll figure something out with it.

Once we're past the send out date, I'll hopefully remember to post on this years gift searching experience.

Trolo
12-14-06, 06:21 PM
Sorry Estebar. ;(

At least the Magic Sword Kings is new territory. Give the other one to the local library, they probably need fresh stuff. Meow.

ShadowCross
12-15-06, 06:17 AM
My present arrived today!

It's a very cool travel cup with a dragon logo and an equally cool pewter trinket box with a dragon on top :) Will post a photo as soon as I manage :)

Thanks Secret Santa! *wave Delissandra/Dragynphyre* ;)

Kinare
12-15-06, 05:13 PM
Lilum, I hate to break the surprise, but I am your Santa. My mom died last night :( and I cannot go shopping for your gift (nor am I of a mind to do so). I thought I would drop a line here and let you know why your Santa hadn't sent anything yet.

You will probably get something around the new year. I hope that's ok.

ShadowCross
12-16-06, 05:30 AM
Oh Kinare, that's not good news at all :( My sincere condolences to you and your family!

Diziet Asahi
12-16-06, 09:30 AM
Sorry Kinare :(

Meddik
12-16-06, 04:55 PM
Received:

1 Stormtrooper Pirate Flag. (Like the jolly roger, but with a stormtrooper helmet in place of the skull.)

My son thinks its a hoot. I might have to fight to take it to my cubicle, because he wants it in his room.

Atnas Terces Kiddem
12-16-06, 05:59 PM
Merry Christmas!
You are welcome!

innur
12-16-06, 09:43 PM
Thanks Santa!

Got 3 new books! All from the Dragon riders of Pern series by Anne McCaffrey, none of which I have read before. But I hear it's a really good series.

Dragonflight, Dragonquest, and Dragonsdawn

Thanks bunches Santa! (innur)

P.S. Double thanks for not including a Camel Spider!

Not a problem, I tried sending the spider but turns out their going to xray the stuff anyway, plus it got really cold and I havent seen any lately

Dragynphyre
12-18-06, 07:51 AM
My present arrived today!

It's a very cool travel cup with a dragon logo and an equally cool pewter trinket box with a dragon on top :) Will post a photo as soon as I manage :)

Thanks Secret Santa! *wave Delissandra/Dragynphyre* ;)

You're very welcome. :) I was hoping you'd enjoy it.

And... this just in...

A big thanks to DORLA for the lovely scented candles (I'm a total candle nut. You should SEE how many candle holders I have that I can put them in! Lovely scents, and I'm noot allergic to them, which is the best part), dipping spices (num!), and a Capt. Dan and the Scurvy Crew Authentic Pirate Hip-Hop album(haven't listened yet, but I'm sure it's a real hoot)

The return address on the box gave me my first hint, the corporate swag from TD Ameritrade inside confirmed my guess. :wink

PsiKoTicK
12-18-06, 04:31 PM
Nobody guessed who I got as my Santee. NEENER NEENER NEENER!

I won't tell until after Christmas either... mwahahahaha.

edit: FYI, Berael was awesome last year, I got a ninja launcher! And shirts! :D This year I dunno yet, have received nothing yet - I'm hoping it's a Wii they got for on the down low. <nods>

Estebar
12-18-06, 04:33 PM
Bacon Robots donated to Los Altos Public Library.

Solanar
12-18-06, 05:04 PM
audiobooks FTW! Thanks Santa!

Meddik
12-18-06, 05:49 PM
Darn. My Manager took one look at the new Cubicle Decoration and said "Umm... No."

Admittedly, even I thought it was pushing the limit a hair....

Oh well. Looks like My son gets new artwork in his bedroom.

Meddik
12-18-06, 06:22 PM
Darn I wish I had seen this before sending my gift...

http://glarkware.com/securestore/c181845p16832531.2.html

Lenilya
12-18-06, 09:29 PM
Aww, sorry to hear yer boss didn't like it :(

Blusco
12-19-06, 09:40 AM
I got a fully automatic rubber band gun--which is perfect for me, since the devs at work are constantly involving me in their nerf-gun wars and I've been a little under-geared. No more!

Thanks, Santa!

PS My condolences, Kinare

Trolo
12-21-06, 09:29 AM
"Umm, no, you can't have anything in your cubicle that might increase your productivity by making your job less of a soul-sucking s***fest."

Bacon Robots donated to Los Altos Public Library.

Hooray Estebar! Thanks bud.

Dorla
12-21-06, 09:49 AM
You're very welcome. :) I was hoping you'd enjoy it.

And... this just in...

A big thanks to DORLA for the lovely scented candles (I'm a total candle nut. You should SEE how many candle holders I have that I can put them in! Lovely scents, and I'm noot allergic to them, which is the best part), dipping spices (num!), and a Capt. Dan and the Scurvy Crew Authentic Pirate Hip-Hop album(haven't listened yet, but I'm sure it's a real hoot)

The return address on the box gave me my first hint, the corporate swag from TD Ameritrade inside confirmed my guess. :wink

You will be the envy of your co-workers with that flag! Also, that CD is very very good (surprisingly). I listen to it all the time. :kroe

I haven't received anything yet... which is totally fine, but I wanted to mention it since so many people sent out early gifts this year. Hopefully it's not lost in the black hole of the USPS.

Lilum
12-21-06, 01:33 PM
Lilum, I hate to break the surprise, but I am your Santa. My mom died last night :( and I cannot go shopping for your gift (nor am I of a mind to do so). I thought I would drop a line here and let you know why your Santa hadn't sent anything yet.

You will probably get something around the new year. I hope that's ok.

Well now I feel like a douche. Some how I missed this when you posted it and I was getting frustrated my gift hadn't arrived yet.

Take your time I know how hard it is to lose a loved one.

Blusco I'm really glad you like the rubber band gun and it will serve your needs my wife thought I was a dork for getting it for you but I thought it was cool so I hoped you would find it cool too.

Dahne
12-21-06, 06:46 PM
According to parents, mine came. Will have to wait til I see them on Saturday to open it, though.

Kinare
12-22-06, 06:23 AM
Well now I feel like a douche. Some how I missed this when you posted it and I was getting frustrated my gift hadn't arrived yet.

Take your time I know how hard it is to lose a loved one.

Thanks man. I should've sent a PM but I wasn't in the clearest of mindsets that day.

PsiKoTicK
12-23-06, 10:26 AM
Haven't gotten mine yet either

Just a mention, since it's the 23rd (and a Saturday)

Inuur - glad you liked the C&C DVD... I was within inches of opening it and copying it before sending it, but that would be WRONG! <coughs>

Dahne
12-24-06, 01:46 PM
PHAT LEWTZ!

I gots an adorable little stuffed Totoro, stationary with monkeys drinking martinis on it, an Operatica CD that is apparently "the hippest Christmas record ever made," two Warhammer books - The Ambassador and Beasts In Velvet, which I've already started and am getting a kick out of, and La Pucelle Tactics :shock

Santugg Claugg is real! He's really really real!

Diziet Asahi
12-26-06, 10:11 AM
No news from my secret santa here, although I'm kinda far away, so I'm not worried.

Blusco
12-27-06, 09:09 AM
Glad you like the audiobooks, Solanar. Merry Christmas.

Dorla
12-27-06, 07:05 PM
Sorry I didn't post until now, but we went out of town. I got my gift on the 22nd, which happened to be my birthday so that was twice as nice. Santa sent me Trivial Pursuit - 80's Edition. :kroe We took it to the in-laws house and played it with my husband's brothers and wives, it was a good time. The questions are a lot harder than you'd think.

Thanks Santa Nocte!! I'll be sure to have a beverage from my Plasma Beer Mug you got me a couple years ago, next time we play. :)

Aidden
12-28-06, 05:39 AM
I expect "Dorlas 80's Trivia Questions of the Week" to start post haste...

Kinare
12-30-06, 07:55 AM
Sorry I didn't post what I got before. I was a bit busy :( I got them before the 15th.

I got some items from thinkgeek.com:

Pirate mug. (http://www.thinkgeek.com/homeoffice/mugs/78fb/) I have used this several times for hot cocoa, and it's a great mug. Larger than my standard ones I have at home but not too large to be freakish. It retains heat well also.

Giant microbe liquid soap dispenser. (http://www.thinkgeek.com/homeoffice/gear/8165/) Very cute :) Thank you Santa.

berael
01-01-07, 08:56 AM
Gah, I forgot to reply too. ;p Santa got me the Icewind Dale box set, both the games and the expansion...very cool, since I hadn't played any of them. => Thanks, Santa!

Dragynphyre
01-03-07, 05:43 AM
Pirate mug. (http://www.thinkgeek.com/homeoffice/mugs/78fb/) I have used this several times for hot cocoa, and it's a great mug. Larger than my standard ones I have at home but not too large to be freakish. It retains heat well also.

I got the same mug from a friend of mine! WOOT

Nocte
01-03-07, 05:50 AM
Sorry I haven't replied until now... been super busy. :)

I got a geeky tshirt (http://www.tshirthell.com/store/product.php?productid=622) to embarass my family! :lol Thanks secret Santa. I love it.

Glad you liked it Dorla... it IS a lot harder than you'd expect. My wife and I love it though. They need to make an Eighties "Scene It" too. :b

Sammyu
01-03-07, 07:28 PM
Got a package today (my santa contacted me before hand, so I knew it'd be late)- the Rumbling Hearts "Starter Set". I LOVED Kimi ga when I first watched it, and I always love supporting anime brought to the US, so I'm really happy with this present ^_^.

And Bereal, I actually had a different present originally (including a roll of Jack Thompson toilet paper), but they didn't like my billing zip code for some reason o_0. Glad you haven't played Icewind Dale yet though, that was my main worry about that present.

Sollon Darkmoon
01-03-07, 07:36 PM
Got a package today (my santa contacted me before hand, so I knew it'd be late)- the Rumbling Hearts "Starter Set". I LOVED Kimi ga when I first watched it, and I always love supporting anime brought to the US, so I'm really happy with this present ^_^.

And Bereal, I actually had a different present originally (including a roll of Jack Thompson toilet paper), but they didn't like my billing zip code for some reason o_0. Glad you haven't played Icewind Dale yet though, that was my main worry about that present.

The kiminozo box is so nice ><.

PsiKoTicK
01-04-07, 06:12 PM
Glad everyone's happy - maybe I shoulda copied that DVD before I sent it to inuur, though :X

Daton Everon
01-04-07, 07:29 PM
I think My Santee must be MIA. Hope ya didn't go to jail using the gifts I got ya.

DoonBackfighter
01-05-07, 07:41 AM
I think My Santee must be MIA. Hope ya didn't go to jail using the gifts I got ya.

Bah, mine didn't arrive, and I found this posted on the feedback of the guy on amazon that I bought it from:

Seller Response: "The owner caught a warehouse employee stealing some of the packed packages that he was supposed to carry to the post office. If your order has not been delivered PLEASE contact us. We want to resolve any and all problems."

:frown

Lilum
01-08-07, 01:20 PM
Kinare is a very kick ass Secret Santa!

I'm laughing so hard at all the snakes in the box. There has to be a dozen plastic snakes in all which will go well with the zoo of rubber lizards I keep on my desk at work.

Also a mini martini shaker with drinking game rules. Very cool.

A deck of Invisible Cards, which I very nearly bought for myself in November so I'm glad I got them.

A flip chart of saying for my desk with saying like "Leave me alone, I'm not being rude you're just insignificant.".

A 365 day calendar of places you should visit before you die. I hadn't bought myself a calendar yet so this is also very handy, and pretty damed cool to boot.

A Kombat Kars computer game. Daughter and I will have fun shooting things.

And a Santa hat, with a snake taped to it.

All in all very fun, and funny gifts. I'm extremely happy!

Kinare
01-08-07, 04:11 PM
Yay! I'm glad you liked it all :) Sorry again for the wait.

Did you look inside those things I got for ya? Danger lurks within.

Lilum
01-08-07, 06:30 PM
LOL Yeah I did. I was laughing so hard the entire time I was opening everything. It was so cool.

My wife is threatening to steal the calendar.

The wait wasn't a big deal at all.

PsiKoTicK
01-08-07, 09:53 PM
I think I got Aidden as my Secret Santa, cuz my website is still up and running.

Otherwise I'm feeling all left out and stuff :x

Dahne
01-09-07, 06:30 PM
I'm going to reveal that I was braincandy's Santa (which is strange, because I sent it from San Francisco, not Cupertino, wherever the hell that is), cause I have no idea who mine was and I want to know :)

braincandy99
01-10-07, 07:51 AM
that's awesome! Thanks Dahne! The novel's been a fun read.

You were an awesome secret santa!

Estebar
01-10-07, 04:41 PM
That was me. The post office made me put a return address on it, although they didn't balk at it coming from Santugg. Postage was a bit higher than I had expected, next year I'm sending strikebreakers to pay a visit to those reindeer.

The books were from a clearance sale over the summer. Had I actually thought about it at the time, I could have stocked up a better selection. Didn't have much leeway as I was running up to the limit, so the once-read books went in the box.

One thing I ran into that I didn't end up getting was a Pop Up Pirate game. Oddly enough it was an imported version at the store with the Totoro. Maybe I can put that on a watch list and people forget I mentioned it, then it will be all new and exciting next Frostfell. You also dodged the bullet on Sneak King.

Dahne
01-13-07, 02:21 PM
Thanks Estebar! :) I'd almost forgotten how much I love a good, pulpy fantasy story. Must confess, I'm glad to have gotten La Pucelle instead of Sneak King. Turn-based strategy > terrible, terrible nightmares :lol

Glad you liked yours, Braincandy!

Daton Everon
02-02-07, 06:38 AM
My Santee never posted, hrm.

Qtip4urMamma was my Santee. Let me know if you didn't recieve it.

I have the tracking number and UPS shows it was delivered, maybe your neighbors signed for it.

Diziet Asahi
02-02-07, 02:37 PM
Since it's already February and all, I'm pretty sure my santa's been abducted by aliens

PsiKoTicK
02-02-07, 03:43 PM
Mine at least contacted me :X Still waiting on the actual arrival of my happy funtime present.

Solanar
02-12-07, 03:03 AM
Since it's already February and all, I'm pretty sure my santa's been abducted by aliens

Are you serious? I was later in December than I wanted to be sending it out, but Christ - I sent it around maybe the 16th of December. I hadn't said anything before cuz I was trying to keep the secret part of the secret santa =( That sucks hard.

It never got returned to me - it should have come as requiring a signature...I dunno. I'll see if I can find the tracking number, but its been a while.

PsiKoTicK
02-12-07, 05:33 PM
OMG HEADCRAB ATTACK!

<dies and turns into a horrible zombie>

Someone sent me a headcrab in a box!

Solanar
02-13-07, 07:33 PM
Are you serious? I was later in December than I wanted to be sending it out, but Christ - I sent it around maybe the 16th of December. I hadn't said anything before cuz I was trying to keep the secret part of the secret santa =( That sucks hard.

It never got returned to me - it should have come as requiring a signature...I dunno. I'll see if I can find the tracking number, but its been a while.

Label/Receipt Number: LC65 0298 915U S

Your item was accepted at 7:25 AM on December 16, 2006 in AUBURNDALE, FL 33823. No further information is available for this item.

Diziet Asahi
02-15-07, 03:52 AM
Label/Receipt Number: LC65 0298 915U S

Your item was accepted at 7:25 AM on December 16, 2006 in AUBURNDALE, FL 33823. No further information is available for this item.

Well, it got obviously caught in the bermuda triangle on the way to here. Don't worry about it Sol, thanks for being my santa :)