PDA

View Full Version : The Venture Bros. Season Two DVD

Ackar
12-21-06, 03:20 PM
Venture Bros., The - Warner announces Season 2 (http://tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=6748)

An inspired spoof of 1960s action cartoons such as "Johnny Quest," The Venture Bros. follows the bizarre misadventures of Hank and Dean, who believe themselves to be an unusually gifted team of "brains" and "brawn" while actually possessing very little of either. The boys travel the world with their renowned scientist-father, Doctor Venture and treat even the most mundane situation as a bold new adventure. As a result, they often find themselves in danger with a host of oddball villains - but rarely find their way out. They rely instead on their body-guard/undercover government agent Brock Sampson, voiced by Patrick Warburton of "The Tick" and "Seinfeld" fame, to save them.

Warner Bros has announced the second season of Adult Swim's Venture Bros.. The 2 disc set will contain:

Disc 1

Powerless in the face of Death
Hate Floats
Love-Bheits
Escape to the House of Mummies
20 Years to Midnight
Victor, Echo, November
Assassinanny 911

Disc 2

Fallen Arches
Guess Who?s Coming to State Dinner?
I Know Why The Caged Bird Kills
Viva Los Muertos!
Showdown at Cremation Creek (part 1)
Showdown at Cremation Creek (part 2)

Special Features include:

Producer commentary on every episode
Deleted Scenes
A tour of the Venture Family hideout, Astro-base Go!

The set will be available on April 17, 2007, and priced at $29.98.

CogginsEQ
12-21-06, 05:48 PM
LOVE this show :D

DarthEnderX
12-21-06, 06:05 PM
Jes!

Wierd, I just finally bought the first one(was really disapointed no commentaries).

Wait, ugh, April? That's forever!

Glad I have them on the computer for now.

Deltar Battlewall
12-22-06, 12:27 AM
Don't get me wrong, I love the Venture Bros. But in season 2, they seemed to fall into a pattern with the way thier episodes are structured.

It seems like they tend to create new pairings of different characters each week and separate them out to follow their own hijinks. Like one week will have Brock and Hank over here, meanwhile Rusty and Dr. Orpheus will be off doing something else. Cut to Dean and the Monarch doing their own thing. Then cut to those two Monarch henchmen, then cut to another pair, and another, and another...

These segmented groups never really interact with each other, and for me it tended to create some discombobulation in the stories. I know this sort of thing happened somewhat in the first season too, but in the second season it was much more evident. Even still, I'm not sure I really hate it, just that it's different, and I'm not sure it it's good or bad.

Dragynphyre
12-22-06, 06:03 AM
OK, great, but where's my The Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy on DVD?HMMM? Getting annoyed because the only time I can find it on all week anymore is 1:30am on Saturday morning... and I needs my fix.

DarthEnderX
12-22-06, 06:30 AM
Don't get me wrong, I love the Venture Bros. But in season 2, they seemed to fall into a pattern with the way thier episodes are structured.

It seems like they tend to create new pairings of different characters each week and separate them out to follow their own hijinks. Like one week will have Brock and Hank over here, meanwhile Rusty and Dr. Orpheus will be off doing something else. Cut to Dean and the Monarch doing their own thing. Then cut to those two Monarch henchmen, then cut to another pair, and another, and another...

These segmented groups never really interact with each other, and for me it tended to create some discombobulation in the stories. I know this sort of thing happened somewhat in the first season too, but in the second season it was much more evident. Even still, I'm not sure I really hate it, just that it's different, and I'm not sure it it's good or bad.
I don't know about all that. All I know is season 2 made me laugh way harder than season 1.

I just love the Order of the Triad.

"I'm a blackula hunter! I don't HAVE powers!"

Dorla
12-22-06, 08:30 AM
I don't know about all that. All I know is season 2 made me laugh way harder than season 1.

I just love the Order of the Triad.

"I'm a blackula hunter! I don't HAVE powers!"

I love Order of the Triad too... well, I love anything to do with Dr. Orpheus.

DarthEnderX
12-22-06, 10:57 PM
I actually find Doctor Orpheus to be extremely annoying. But I like all the rest of the supernatural characters that he hangs out with.

His Master, when he was cerebus...hilarious.

"The only downside is I can taste it...I can taste my own nuts, how wierd is that?"