PDA

View Full Version : Roguefest

Rundler
04-25-07, 12:50 AM
http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u143/Jmannas/rogues.jpg

Anyone else experiencing rogues coming back to EQ to raid? Now if only weapons dropped more. Granted not all are fulltime but its still nice to see them!

Rundler

Qutsmnie
04-25-07, 01:04 AM
The only class we ever have that many of on a regular basis is rangers.

alveoli
04-25-07, 01:20 AM
We get a max of 5 rogues on raids, same goes for monks, rangers etc.

dugannw
04-25-07, 04:59 AM
That could be fun! We mostly ever had rangers and clerics, a big night for rogues would be 4.

FalderonTeamPink
04-25-07, 07:43 AM
We normally have 2-4 rogues normally. (Myself, Senzi, Wexx, and an App)

brassmonkeyc738
04-25-07, 08:24 AM
I'm glad my guild has only 1 other active rogue besides me (and that one is a bot) as its a lot harder for the other folks in guild to tell how bad I suck. And besides, having to many rogues in one location is dangerous as there's never enough room for all the egos.

Bors
04-25-07, 09:43 AM
We're down to just me now in raids. Plenty of people have rogue alts they scurry around on after raids though.

Luckily, we have zerkers, monks, and rangers to do melee dps. They outparse me anyways, since I only have all the AAs, and capped accuracy and so on.

And, with only one rogue, nobody worries about mob positioning anymore. Furthermore, given the recent backstab nerf, heck, no reason to waste a slot in a dps group on me either.

I'm going to go eat some worms.

Suzuka
04-25-07, 09:52 AM
We're down to just me now in raids. Plenty of people have rogue alts they scurry around on after raids though.

Luckily, we have zerkers, monks, and rangers to do melee dps. They outparse me anyways, since I only have all the AAs, and capped accuracy and so on.

And, with only one rogue, nobody worries about mob positioning anymore. Furthermore, given the recent backstab nerf, heck, no reason to waste a slot in a dps group on me either.

You just suck that's all, if monks and rangers out parse you. No offense, you understand. Go cry a river.

Posts like this disgust me. ;p

reamas
04-25-07, 09:56 AM
-

Senzi
04-25-07, 01:54 PM

Leave your guild.

Rune
04-25-07, 02:24 PM
Better yet........... Leave EQ

Rundler
04-25-07, 03:18 PM
Hey guys be nice. Seriously, rogues that feel they can not perform on trash need to learn how to strafe better, your just being lazy if you can't be effective. AA's also help big time with this though. Tanks that are too lazy to care about positioning should be releaved from tanking, they are hindering all classes.

Rundler

Bors
04-25-07, 05:05 PM
Hey, thanks for the love!

Bors
04-25-07, 05:12 PM
Seriously, rogues that feel they can not perform on trash need to learn how to strafe better, your just being lazy if you can't be effective.

The problem is, we don't really kill trash mobs, we play Pong with them.

"Everybody on one side now. Ready? Swarm pets gtg? OK - PUUUUUUSH!"

Rundler
04-25-07, 05:26 PM
The problem is, we don't really kill trash mobs, we play Pong with them.

"Everybody on one side now. Ready? Swarm pets gtg? OK - PUUUUUUSH!"

No matter the push, as long as nobody is screwing around with stuns, its not that hard to stay reletively behind mobs. It just takes tons of effort, and if your guild is THAT bad at pushing (my guild is mostly melee dps so I dont see how it could be worse) then thats a problem you should address.

On an event where our entire goal is to push mobs from a CC camp to a wall, I still manage to do fine DPS. However, I'm sure my fingers will cramp up eventually. You shouldn't be running behind a mob hoping to hit it, get ahead of it a bit you can tell where its being pushed too.

Rundler

Bors
04-25-07, 07:45 PM
You shouldn't be running behind a mob hoping to hit it, get ahead of it a bit you can tell where its being pushed too.

And all the time I am moving to do that, the monks, zerkers, and rangers are scoring hits. So they maintain their dps, and mine suffers relatively. As to why the guild doesn't address it, well, as I mentioned above, I'm the only active rogue, so there's little motivation, only the rogue dps gets borked up by this, mostly.

I'd take kind Senzi up on his offer, if only his guild would raid Euro-time :-)

FalderonTeamPink
04-25-07, 11:28 PM
Change your life style Bors, comes to DH we need a few good rogues. I hear you would fall under that catagory. I have a guest bedroom, pool, and hot tub. I might even share my fiance if she dont shape up.

Tivia
04-26-07, 07:23 AM
Change your life style Bors, comes to DH we need a few good rogues. I hear you would fall under that catagory. I have a guest bedroom, pool, and hot tub. I might even share my fiance if she dont shape up.

Lol

Guess she better shape up quick eh?

Kneesmasher
04-26-07, 07:35 AM
Mob positioning is standard good raiding procedure. It should always be practiced and DPS will improve if you do...not just yours as a rogue, but everyones.

billyup
04-26-07, 09:54 AM
we only have 4 active rogues and 2 of them havent been on that much lately...it makes me cry. brisltebane is low on rogues imo :(

Suzuka
04-26-07, 10:32 AM
Too many beasts and rangers though, it's sad.

Tivia
04-26-07, 11:41 AM
Yea I have noticed rogues are rather rare again. I honestly like it, this is how it was when I started raiding.

Monk's, Bst, Zerkers everywhere though.

Xaxony Silentshadow
04-27-07, 10:23 AM
With us its all rangers and monks with 2 zerks thrown in for flavor. We have 3 active rogues, 1 semi-active rogue, and a couple who are MIA atm.

Rishethra
04-28-07, 06:15 AM
Most nights we have 7 rogues, 1 zerker, 1 bst, 3 monks, and 2 rangers online.

FalderonTeamPink
04-28-07, 03:28 PM
Normally have 2 rogues, 2 shm's, 4-5 bards, 2 beast, and maybe 1 zerker,

Suzuka
04-28-07, 06:39 PM
Edit: already typed the same.... oops

Senzi
04-29-07, 05:21 PM

You forgot one billion monks.

Kojeero
04-29-07, 10:12 PM
so yours is the guild hoarding all the bards! we field 1 rog, 2 mnk, 1-3 ranger and a bard on a good day. wtb melee DPS! we do have 7 active pallies and 4 active SK tho, along with 5 warriors. we basically tank **** into submission.

Grimdal9
05-02-07, 07:45 AM
im the Only Rogue Main in guild

Yang
05-02-07, 08:05 AM
EQ's pulse is weak. SoE will probably maintain one server in the coming years for the General Custers of Norrath that refuse to admit their time is done.

Tivia
05-02-07, 08:12 AM
EQ's pulse is weak. SoE will probably maintain one server in the coming years for the General Custers of Norrath that refuse to admit their time is done.

I disagree with this,

I came back to EQ because everything else on the market failed to provide as much long term enjoyment. I am seeing ALOT of old players coming back as well, seems I am not the only one.

Yang
05-02-07, 08:47 AM
I disagree with this,

I came back to EQ because everything else on the market failed to provide as much long term enjoyment. I am seeing ALOT of old players coming back as well, seems I am not the only one.

consider: not just the pull of EQ relative to other pseudo-realities, but the pull of opportunities in RL. The government is paying people to go to school, for example. EQ will not be able to attract new players, and that is why its pulse will continue to diminish and die. But go ahead and circle the wagons anyway!

Suzuka
05-02-07, 08:51 AM
consider: not just the pull of EQ relative to other pseudo-realities, but the pull of opportunities in RL. The government is paying people to go to school, for example. EQ will not be able to attract new players, and that is why its pulse will continue to diminish and die. But go ahead and circle the wagons anyway!

blah blah blah, we get it.

reamas
05-02-07, 09:23 AM
-

jenadil
05-02-07, 09:42 AM

You say this as if it's new. EQ has been slowing down and you would have to be blind not to see it. But I think (and I'm sure others feel this way) EQ is not dead and will be some time before there is one server that house players that refuse to quit.

Yang
05-02-07, 04:23 PM
Who cares that there are government scholarships for schools

1. The troops defending the privilege of the American people to be indifferent to the sources of welfare that enable them to play video games;
2. the business-minded people that go to school to design weaponry for the troops, or video games for the population base
3. people that are willing to invest in the quality of their mind rather than leeching off of others.

^ just to name just a few

Government scholarships for schooling have been around forever

Incorrect. If you consider the current moratorium on brains in our country and the demand now and in the future for homegrown scientists and medical professionals (and why that is), you should come to understand the reason behind massive government initiatives to get Americans back into school (National Science Foundation for example). The concern among people in the know is high.

What you should know by your own observation is that it is connected to the technology that enables millions of Americans to plug into MMPORG's instead of pursuing higher education because the illusion of progress comes easier (and cheaper -- but only in the short term). You should also know that the cost of not getting an education is greater than the cost of getting one; you would be wise to be one of the people that takes charge of your own future rather than having it decided for you (go ahead and read that again).

Lastly: whatever fiber you possess that made you roll a rogue in the pseudo-reality that is eq should also enable you appreciate a quote from a real rogue, someone who has been there, done that, and had the firmness of conviction to seek the truth behind his reality.

If you do not defend yourself with knowledge, others can and will pick your pocket and use you to their own advantage.

jenadil
05-02-07, 08:56 PM
Holy crap Yang, you take things way to seriously.....

Yang
05-02-07, 09:48 PM
Holy crap Yang, you take things way to seriously.....

I hunt rabbits with an elephant gun.

Castina Solomnus
05-03-07, 02:09 AM
Which defeats the main purpose of hunting, mainly that of gathering food.

Yang
05-03-07, 05:39 AM
Which defeats the main purpose of hunting, mainly that of gathering food.

You are suggesting that the main purpose of EQ is to evade the consequences of reality, and that the "joy of sport" is subjugated to that need. I'm inclined to agree.

Dalnoth_Vaz
05-03-07, 06:19 AM
dotdotdot

FalderonTeamPink
05-03-07, 09:24 AM
I'm the new sheriff in town and I've come to arrest the person responible for hi-jacking this thread!

phaestusfs
05-03-07, 10:11 AM
My guild has 4-6 active rogues, 4 active monks, and 2 active berserkers. So my only complaint is that when I log in to raid PST all the uber DPS groups are full and I get shlepped with the Beastlords and Rangers :P

It is fun trying to outparse eachother all the time though!

reamas
05-03-07, 10:11 PM
-

Blaydh
05-04-07, 07:19 AM
On most raid nights we have 1-2 rogues and 1-2 zerkers.

Numbers across the board are down lately, though.

Blaydh
05-04-07, 07:22 AM
There have real life "pulls" forever. Who cares that there are government scholarships for schools. This is not new to the world. Government scholarships for schooling have been around forever and have the exact same impact on a game that they have had since 1999.

Aside from the reference to the impact on gaming, you need a lot of help on your knowledge of the history of education in this country.

reamas
05-04-07, 07:51 AM
-

Yang
05-04-07, 08:11 AM
The one thing the experts forget is the most underrated power America has. Tom Cruise, Will Smith, Evangelina Lilly, Leonardo Dicaprio and Kirsten Dunst. Everyone wants to live here. As soon as they make some cash they will be our scientists.

"scientist" and "scientologist" are not the same thing

new post in "Logged Out" for people to learn about history and current events (http://www.thesafehouse.org/forums/showthread.php?p=387266#post387266)(Reamas)

Blaydh
05-04-07, 08:28 AM
1)Yang wass trying to say that Scholarships are now having an impact on gaming.
2)I said that government scholarships have been around before EQ and there is no NEW influence
3)Scholarships for school/university did not start when Yang got a scholarship. Ask your fathers if they had them when they were in college

Please tell me which of these you disagree with and then decide who needs help in the history of education in this country.

No, you said that scholarships have been around forever (quoted, can't deny it), and are incorrect in that statement until you utilize your spindoctor talents and try to say that you were saying something else and everyone misunderstands you.

I agreed with you on the lack of impact on gaming, if you would take the defensive chip off your shoulder you might see that.

reamas
05-04-07, 09:25 AM
-

Nocte
05-04-07, 09:29 AM
All right, knock it off with the insults.

Non sequitor flame bait is also frowned upon (and the true moratorium on brains, apparently).

Snique
05-05-07, 07:39 AM
"scientist" and "scientologist" are not the same thing

new post in "Logged Out" for people to learn about history and current events (http://www.thesafehouse.org/forums/showthread.php?p=387266#post387266)(Reamas)

Gotta thank Yang for this one! Gave me a good chuckle. Only in America could Tom Cruise publicly ridicule Brooke Shields for seeking medical attention for post-partum depression and get news time for it.

As a PhD physicist who has been trying to explain that difference to my students (along with the difference between astrology and astronomy), I sadly have my work cut out for me... Ok, back to lurking in the boards.

Dasgreif
05-05-07, 01:57 PM
Hrmm, scholarships have been around for quite some time. The earliest being Ancient Greece, and supposedly Summaria and Babylon.

The current batch of government aid applies mainly to the pure sciences and business due to the decline in science and business PhDs. This has nothing to do with a decline in college enrollment, or lack of opportunities for higher education... which is at an all time high... but rather the compensation in those areas for the time spent in school.

Higher education is quite expensive, and while government loans exist, providing free money to pursue a certain field encourages students to enter those areas.

childofveeshan
05-05-07, 09:44 PM
Say what you will but one of the major reasons is that rogues lack the ability to solo. Its hard to lvl up new ones and its hard to get quests done with out a group as a rogue. Where as a beastlord and a well geared monk can solo very well.

Docgonzo
06-19-07, 03:58 AM
hehe I haven't read a post here in YEARS let alone posted here but glad to see not much has changed ...

My old rogue is long gone I fear ...

I BARELY remember the username let alone the password ... the original CD I do have though (with the key) ... wonder if I can get him back with just that ...

hummmm....

Hope you are all well....

Doc/Raoul
(cazic thule)

Sylverion
06-19-07, 07:56 AM
Hey Doc ;) LTNS good to see ya. Weren't you an old NWNer too? My brain is foggy forgive me ;) If so you may want to check out forgottenworld.com the game finally went live and a few old time NWNers are showing up over there.

Girii
06-20-07, 01:03 AM
Back on track..

We currently have 7 rogues, 2 serkers, 4 monks and 4-5 rangers and bards online on a typical night.

Life is good, the sun is shining on AB. :laugh:

alveoli
06-20-07, 03:03 PM
Nice figures, we at Pikeys field:

1 zerker, 2 monks (kasha quit, /cry), 5 rangers, 4-5 rogues, 3 beastlords

we also field:

2-3 wizards, 4-5 necro's, 5-6 mages, 5-6 enchanters (allthough they are not that huge dps).

and we have an average of 3 bards, 4 shamans to support that.

So we could use some reinforcements in the berserker and monk class, but we do some pretty nice dps. Made 38k raid dps the other day on Veldyn's shade with the raid being 8 people from full, but we are spoiled in the pally department to.

So c'mon you zerkers, monks and rogues who are looking for a new home at euro times, check:

http://www.pikeys.net/board/viewtopic.php?t=50.php

or ;tell antonius.occasus for more info.

Tevyd
06-21-07, 11:24 AM
I'm the only active rogue main in our casual guild, and the guild is a bit light on DPS. So, even though I'm only 58, they let me tag along on a surprising amount of events.

I do die a lot, but not as much as I expected.