PDA

View Full Version : "The Stealth nerf" News

Wrok
10-31-07, 07:48 AM
Just found this.

http://forums.station.sony.com/vg/posts/list.m?start=0&topic_id=20916𷳏

Posted by Silius (Lead Game Designer (Vanguard) :

"The issues with the stealth change have been addressed and Hobart and I have worked out the solution. This will get fixed as soon as we are able to get back to work. (I hate wildfires and Santa Ana winds.) "

and this earlier in the same post:

" "Rogue stealth... Yes - We'll be separating that out from a Mob's ability to see players using invisibility.""

Lobo
10-31-07, 08:59 AM
"The issues with the stealth change have been addressed and Hobart and I have worked out the solution.
The question is....

What solution did they come up with?

Swag
10-31-07, 09:01 AM
Old news, and nobody knows.

Davitch
10-31-07, 11:51 AM
Just found this.

http://forums.station.sony.com/vg/posts/list.m?start=0&topic_id=20916𷳏

Posted by Silius (Lead Game Designer (Vanguard) :

"The issues with the stealth change have been addressed and Hobart and I have worked out the solution. This will get fixed as soon as we are able to get back to work. (I hate wildfires and Santa Ana winds.) "

and this earlier in the same post:

" "Rogue stealth... Yes - We'll be separating that out from a Mob's ability to see players using invisibility.""

Until they communicate to the stealth community what this "solution" is then this basically amounts to sod all. Now normally I'd leave it there but I'm in a bad mood so will :poke away ...

"This will get fixed" ... great you admit you broke something albeit in a roundabout way. Hmm, but what exactly are you going to fix? How are you going to fix it? Did you listen to the community? Have our concerns been heard? What does it mean for me as a rogue?

Yes the fires have been #1 priority, therefore, a better communcation may have been:

We understand there are a number of concerns regarding the recent changes to stealth. Hobart and I have been working on a solution, taking into account the views of the community. Unfortunately, due to the fires we are unable to give you any more information at this time. However, please be reassured it's something we will be looking to address as soon as life/work returns to normal.

Well that took me about 3mins to knock up, but it would have made me feel a little bit better about stealth whilst taking into account the issues the fires are causing... one of which seems to be peoples ability to communicate effectively.

Vaedar
10-31-07, 01:44 PM
Would I be wrong in assuming the VG Rogue community has grown somewhat jaded during my extended hiatus?

Davitch
10-31-07, 01:48 PM
No :)

Inzok
10-31-07, 06:36 PM
I like the abuse :beatup