PDA

View Full Version : HAPPY DANCE!

EZ_Llava
02-05-04, 02:33 PM
- Basic Stealth Lore, Stealth Lore, and Greater Stealth Lore have had their durations reduced to 30, 60, and 90 seconds respectively. The bonus to stealth detection granted by these abilities has also been moderately increased. The intent is to make these bonuses very effective in helping to find enemy stealthers in specific situations (for example, after an enemy stealther has killed several realmmates in an area). Currently, the bonus granted is too low with such a long duration that itís basically ďalways on.Ē

www.camelotherald.com/more/1321.shtml

EDIT

I'm late. Edited by: Llava at: 2/5/04 3:03 pm

EZ_Tlarian
02-05-04, 02:36 PM
My Gawd, someone at Mythic actually begged, borrowed, or stole a clue! Who would'a thought it?

And they nerfed Grapple, too!

EZ_Llava
02-05-04, 02:44 PM
90 seconds of a massive disadvantage I can deal with.

This is the type of change that makes me consider reactivating. We'll see where the rest of this patch goes, along with Frontiers.

EZ_Vexxen DAOC
02-05-04, 04:07 PM
Mythic saw reason.. yay. Or perhaps it was planned.. release 2 months of overpowering stuff to draw people into it so they purchase it then take it away. o_O

Whatever the reasons, im glad SL is gone.

EZ_Nage42
02-05-04, 07:12 PM
Well, it's hardly "gone".

Consider that may people will have SL.

Cyclops shield is a very popular tank shield
Staff of Gods is very popular casting staff

They are easy to get and easy to level (well, easier than say Ring of Dances) -- Goddess Neck is very easy to get/level, but perhaps many won't bother because it's SC utility is so poor.

It just means that pretty much _every_ caster and _every_ tank out there will have ~60 TS (the mentioned longer range).

Must be annoying for Archers that everyone gets a FREE TS that's on a 15min. timer instead of their 30min.

I imagine that this move is to try to cut down on stealth zergs at MGs.

But maybe MGs won't be an issue with Frontiers, who knows.

EZ_Llava
02-05-04, 07:31 PM
Truesight is a pain in the butt when it happens, but it doesn't always happen.

See Hidden was overpowered because it was passive.

Now stealth lore is more like Truesight than See Hidden. That's a good thing. It sucks when you get caught by it, but to get caught by it you have to have 1) attacked someone 2) been caught unstealthed and managed to get away 3) decided to hang out at a milegate or other popular camping spot.

EZ_Geflin
02-06-04, 10:09 AM
Think of it this way if itís going to be twice as effective with very short duration then most likely when you run into someone using it you wonít have it up.....which = you dead. Now take into account True sight + Super Stealth Lore where are you going to go to solo? Any where you go youíre going to run into someone who can see you from a mile away which may include non-stealthers, so what the hell do we do and where do we hunt? Certainly not in a regular group at least I have difficulty getting a non-guild group and Iím sure Iím not alone in that.

For me Emain battles look like this 15 alb stealthers and any given point, 7 Hib stealthers, and maybe 5 mid stealthers running around. As it stands now you run a really good chance of having one of the albs at AMG having stealth lore up......advantage realm with the highest population. Personally I use stealth lore as it stands now to get past other stealthers at mile gates and get behind their lines to attack soft targets but I think this will kill that completely. So I guess Iíll hunt out in the middle of a field and hope something comes by besides boredom.

Recently Smakey Mackey made a comment that solo characters would not get a boost in group-ability because it would be unfair to group oriented classes; I guess that doesnít work both ways. I think this change puts stealth lore more in line with the original intent to remove our solo ability completely.

Geflin

EZ_Geflin
02-06-04, 10:16 AM
I think people fail to realize just how much this could suck. As SL stands now you can combat the negative by having SL up yourself. Under the new system where SL is greatly increase and the duration seriously reduced you will most likely not have yours up and get caught with you pants down. So where do you hunt? Certainly not at the mile gates or along the roads where there is a lot of traffic because the first caster or stealther with SL will run by activate and grease you. Now the only way to compete is to either camp spots with hardly any traffic (why you would do this is beyond me), run with a huge zerg of stealthers (not that much fun and certainly on my server, and most servers, heavily favors the albs), or run with a regular group (not much utility so this is always difficult). So I ask how is this good? Even if you donít have SL this sucks.

Geflin

EZ_zarlaan
02-06-04, 12:58 PM
Geflin i don't think you're seeing the big picture behind the change. The change is intended to make stealthers stop clumping together in 2-3 spots all the time in emain AMG, MFG mainly. All the change means is that you're just gonna have to go somewhere else for a change.

On my server i'm probably one of the last assassins to have stealth lore. The only time i have died to stealth lore is when i've just been lazy and camped out at amg or when a fg who has constant SL up runs by me when i'm stealthed.

That is the biggest key change here.... no more fg's running around with constant SL up since it will only last 1 min 30seconds at the most. If you do decide to be camping at amg or whatever and you see a full group show up you can just pop your SL also and get away safely since the SL's with cancel each other out.

Ayron Erebus
<Fate> Iseult
50 Shadowblade

EZ_Geflin
02-06-04, 01:10 PM
Actually I think youíre missing the point. Where are you going to go? Where are you going to find targets that arenít a mile gate or on a pk road? Somebody comes up and I have to hit my SL and hide? I donít get RPís for hiding do you? Moving stealthed is so slow that you have to camp or stay near a high traffic area to get a kill. Standing out in the middle of some frontier in a field isnít going to be very productive. Stealtherís hit AMG, MMG, HMG or the roads along the PK because thatís where you get kills. This is exactly what Mythic wanted in the first place the complete removal of soloing.

Geflin

EZ_Vexxen DAOC
02-06-04, 01:21 PM
There's no question that Stealth Lore will not be effective as a defensive measure. That is something that should be looked into.

But I have never been personally TS'd in 1.5 years of playing an assassin. I make a kill, I move on - very fast. The closest encounter I've had with TS was when some other assassin got TS'd on the Hib side of DF, and I couldn't restealth even though I was several rooms away.

EZ_Geflin
02-06-04, 01:30 PM
I personally donít do DF much but I know some folks live there 24/7. Out on the frontier I get TS almost every day because I go where the action is and there are a ton of Scouts on Galahad.

Geflin

EZ_entreriii
02-06-04, 01:33 PM
you all relize that using stealth lore will un pop you from being stealthed ?

EZ_krackheadchad
02-06-04, 01:51 PM
I'm more worried about SL + Speed now

EZ_Ghurshog
02-06-04, 04:05 PM
Geflin what kind of hib do you play on Galahad? Was wondering if I got to gank ya once or twice :P

Ghurshog 50 Critblade, Galahad

EZ_Geflin
02-09-04, 09:33 AM
I play Geflin Graysoul 50th RR4.X Nightshade on Galahad. I donít run into many SBís or Hunters but for some reason when I do they are always in groups of three and I am alone. I spend most of my time hunting Albs who for some reason are the only group of players that will run their PK roads alone

EZ_Death Awaits
02-09-04, 10:07 AM
" But I have never been personally TS'd in 1.5 years of playing an assassin. "

Wow, no offense but you must play like a coward. I have been TS tons of times on Igraine. If not by the zerg running at speed 6 with 3-4 archers alternating TS covering zones then by the assassin/archer groups in the area. I don't sit around in one spot either. I am constantly on the move but being uncovered by TS at one point or another is inevitable. Well, couple more positive changes for assassins and I might just have to activate my account. Unfortunatley this does not sound like it will be enough. I am thinking the range will be huge and it will basically be a pop stealth lore and get free stealther kills ability. (Kinda like TS zergs)