• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Registered Member
    • Nov 2001
    EZ_Uber

Re: Quick CHA price tip

Slink,

Ahh sounds like youve had exactly the same problem I just had. I too am 59, spent a couple of hours going from 230 to 245 with no major hassles, then spent 3 hours going absolutely nowhere. Sounds like this skill is now level based, as opposed to the usual thought that it is like other trade skills that are able to be trained to 250

I have yet to see if I can train further at Stanos

Regards
    Uber Marxz

Comment

• Registered Member
      • Apr 2002
      EZ_Stryknine DShiv

It is level based.

you max out at 200 at level 50. From then on, its 5 more points per level.

51- 205
      52- 210
      53- 215...etc

59- 245
      60- 250.

Comment

• Registered Member
        • Apr 2002
        EZ_tass the great

Re: Guide to raising Poison Fast and Cheap!

Skoobin, all trades use the higher of either int or wis. Dex effects how often your melee skills go up it has nothing to do with trades. I've also heard the rumor that str determines how often your smithing goes up. It's all crap. The only thing that is used in ANY trade is either int or wis, whichever is higher.

~Tasdamon, Prexus
        Master Potter, Fletcher, Brewer, Smith, and soon to be Tailor and Make Poison. DISCLAIMER:
        This is my opinion. As such, it should not be taken as fact even though I believe it to be so. Everyone is entitiled to thier own opinions and as much of a voice to them as is given me. Please do not judge my words too harshly. They are only my words and as such, are only as powerful as you make them.

Comment

• Registered Member
          • Nov 2014
          EZ_Bearberry

Just want to say thanks for the great guide. I went from 0-146 on about 1.3k last night

Comment

• Veteran
            • May 2002
            Kehvrynne

Seems to me that there's a third recipe that can go in between those two. Ground Garlic and Red Helbore, both purchased in Neriak's Third Gate. I can't post specifics right now - Kiky's Poisonous Pages seems to have exceeded Tripod's bandwidth consumption restriction...

Edit: Nope. I'd misremembered the trivials. Nevermind Edited by: Kehvrynne at: 5/1/02 2:31:10 pm
            -----------------------------
            [Twitter feed URL] has been changed to incriminate the innocent.

Comment

• Registered Member
              • Dec 2000
              EZ_jayrod junteau

there are buyable poison supplies from halas, only problem is the trip.. but hey.. still worth it. "Doubt my style? Just turn around and think happy thoughts while I test my blades "Jayrod Junteau 55 rogue of the rathe

Comment

• Registered Member
                • Nov 2014
                EZ_Chery Nobyl

Just wanted to add my 2cp (stolen, of course) and say thanks for this guide... extremely helpful

-6 Chery Adlig, 60 Heirophant
                Sixfinger Dizcount - 34 Rogue
                Broke Lizzard - 43 Monk
                Acting Leader of Furioso Germanicum
                ICQ #6762038 MSN: chery_nobyl@hotmail.com
                {Hail, a_crack_addled_ferret_01}Edited by: Chery Nobyl at: 5/10/02 4:38:29 am

Comment

• Registered Member
                  • Mar 2002
                  EZ_Deeleeryous

Regarding Apply Poison, I don't think there is a trivial level on apply poison anymore. I used Athropic Sap to get from mid-70s to 159. It is supposed to trivial at 106. /shrug Deeleeryous
                  Redeemed Assassin of The Nameless
                  Proud member of Valorguard

Comment

• Registered Member
                    • May 2004
                    storgue

I have never seen a trivial list for APPLY skill, there was a post some time ago that snake poisons would get you all the way to 200 apply and that has certainly held true up to 170 apply.

I believe the trivial stats you are looking at are MAKE poison trivials. Storgue
                    Marshall of Recruitment
                    Senior Officer of Soul Cadre
                    Keeper of the Goat
                    57 Halfling Rogue
                    Storgue
                    Uber Rogue of Soul Cadre
                    Keeper of the Goat

Comment

• Registered Member
                      • Jan 2002
                      EZ_Dunkelheit

Thx

I just wanted to say... thx for this great guide....

Pls make it sticky, so that the info is never lost

Comment

• Registered Member
                        • Nov 2014
                        EZ_Blakwidow Mourninghawk

Re: Thx

*In the shadow you see a spark of light, a flame to a clove in the darkness* Thank you for great info...iM at 160 now ..and was trying to figure out the fastest way to skill up...*slips the paper with the info into her pouch and is gone as quickly as she came* *grins evilly

Comment

• Registered Member
                          • Jul 2002
                          EZ_HarloweRogue

* Wanted to add: This is an excellent guide btw Furina, it's been a wonderful resource for me. The detailed information is also a great time saver. I have sent dozens of rogues looking for PM advice back to this thread and have updated eqtraders with a link to this post, and a fix for their broken link to the Safehouse Tome of Mastery (it's pointing to the old one, which unfortunately just gives them an error msg).

Currently I am at 225 (*grr, originally put in my new fletching stat 234) and have found that if you bring charisma gear with you, and make your own sealed vials - you CAN turn a profit making SoS and selling back to the vendor. With Cha gear on mine are selling back at 14pp 2g per poison.

I am making roughly 6pp per poison (that includes my costs for making sealed vials), by first wearing my best dex gear (207 dex) and then swapping to Charisma gear (128cha) to sell and buy more suspension and creeper ivy.

It's a chore collecting the skins and making 10 stacks of vials in a sitting, but I've made 3600-3700 going from 200 to 225. This is several days work (two evenings to be exact) so it's no get rich quick scheme, but if you can raise your poison level and get a bit of pp in the meantime, then it's well worth the time to put into it.

Re: Apply poison. I am sitting at 120 and for me, see no need to waste the poisons, low level or otherwise. I've failed only one time in my entire poison making using career, that includes high skill poisons such as Spirit of Sloth. If I start failing to a noticable degree, I'll make some cheap chit and work on it. Edited by: HarloweRogue at: 7/9/02 10:53:15 am

Comment

• Registered Member
                            • Jul 2002
                            EZ_farmatyr1

Some skills are based off the highest of int, wis and dex, just as smithing is based off the highest of int, wis and str. Not sure if poison is one of those.

Comment

• Veteran
                              • Jul 2002
                              Blusco

Excellent guide, thank you!

I have an addendum: You can cheaply get to 182 or 183 making Dilapidating Ash (Sealed/Constrict/Soot Hemlock x 2).

Soot Hemlock is farmed, but (at least on Bristlebane) the druid merchant in Lavastorm usually has tons of them for about a plat each. Blusco Kickshaw-Stonefoot
                              Enraged and Redeemed Hobbit Assassin, Bristlebane
                              ()pener of Locks, Retriever of Corpses
                              Getting into places I'm not wanted for 60 levels

Slapstik, Gnome Enchanter of Bristlebane
                              IDoNotTalkFastYouListenSlow!
                              Inch
                              Kobold Shadowblade of Percival
                              Tailoring to meet your needs--No order too small!

Kraagar, Dwarf Healer of Percival

Comment

• Registered Member
                                • Jul 2002
                                EZ_HarloweRogue

That's true, I do see alot of it on the vendors. I snatch it up, just because I like to have a variety of poisons on me.

I probably am too much of a pack rat with this stuff, I need to keep one poison component mule in the bazaar. I was running out of bank space, I save everything and friends are always passing me random components as well.

Comment

Working...
                                X