• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Registered Member
    • Nov 2003
    Feochadan

Currently from Test patch message

The previous thread being long enough (I know most board softwares do not like it), I put this here.
    On patch message from Test, there is the following :

Spells
    - Rogue - Increased the backstab damage done by Battery.

AA
    - Rogue - Precision has been restructured to actually function the way it was intended now. You may begin rejoicing!

I have no data yet. We'll see.
    Last edited by Feochadan; 05-16-11, 02:26 PM.
    Feochadan Shadowleaf, a rogue on Antonius Bayle
  • Registered Member
    • Oct 2005
    Panein

Re: Currently from Test patch message

we'll see....

Comment

• Registered Member
      • Aug 2007
      Renuvas

Guess Elidroth wasn't lying to me.
      sigpic

Comment

• EQ Community
        Round Table Member
        • May 2004
        brogett

Feochadan said:
        View Post
        The previous thread being long enough (I know most board softwares do not like it), I put this here.
        On patch message from Test, there is the following :

Spells
        The old ranks 1 to 3 were BS skill attack 1301, 1522, 1743.
        The new versions are 1366, 1598, 1830 so it's a 5% buff to Battery.

The Aggravated Battery buff doesn't look to have changed.

Brog

Comment

• EQ Community
          Round Table Member
          • Jun 2006
          songsa

brogett said:
          View Post
          The old ranks 1 to 3 were BS skill attack 1301, 1522, 1743.
          The new versions are 1366, 1598, 1830 so it's a 5% buff to Battery.

The Aggravated Battery buff doesn't look to have changed.

Brog
          5% buff for a maybe 300-400 dps attack (need to test it) is less than 20 dps, i don't see the logic behind this change. Why spend time to change a disc if this is barely noticeable?
          Songsa
          Raging Fury
          Antonius Bayle

Comment

• Registered Member
            • Jul 2004
            Middy

/sigh.

we need a 5-10% overall increase, not a 20 dps upgrade!
            Midnitte
            Triton

Comment

• EQ Community
              Round Table Member
              • May 2004
              brogett

songsa said:
              View Post
              5% buff for a maybe 300-400 dps attack (need to test it) is less than 20 dps, i don't see the logic behind this change. Why spend time to change a disc if this is barely noticeable?
              Indeed. Even if they boosted every single skill by 5% it's still not going to cut it, so it seems a bit minor.

That said I am pleased they're at least tweaking things. We just need to make sure they're aware of the size of the gap. The tiny tweaks leads me to suspect they feel we only need a minor adjustment.

Edit: it's also possible that if they boost something else (like attack, crit rates, whatever) that the 5% here is a multiplicative effect... can only hope!

Comment

• Registered Member
                • Aug 2010
                Wastya

Im interested if anybody has tested out the adjustment to the AA yet and if its any significant boost to our DPS...

Comment

• Registered Member
                  • Jul 2004
                  Dasgreif

So far I have not seen much of an increase in dps on test parses, if any appreciable amount exists. Though I only have 2hrs of parses so far.

In short do not expect to see much of a change to increase our dps to catch up with other mellee dps classes. Rather expect to see the other classes have their dps toned down a bit.
                  Last edited by Dasgreif; 05-22-11, 12:29 AM.
                  Dasgreif

Comment

• Registered Member
                    • Nov 2003
                    Feochadan

Well, seeing monks stopping to sploit a bug is a good thing. I guess that the "monk + pets" lines we see in parses will be replaced with "monk" only, and either, according to them before the nerf "not so low below current", or according to the same people after the nerf "down the bottom". I guess that some of the vocal monks have lied heavily either then or now, downplaying the amount of dps they gained then, or exagerating the loss due to the fix.

Anyway, as they tank that well, get that many self cures and self heals, there is no reason that their dps would be in the top tier.
                    After a few weeks with the initially intended monk dps, we'll be able to see where they really stand.

The shield using warriors are also toned down on this next patch, more opportunities to rogue groupers to not be refused a slot in a group because "warriors do better".

The problem remains with berserkers though, there is no value to be a rogue when berserkers are at least as good - or not worse - on some fields, and so much higher everywhere else (ADPS + DPS).

For figures, the increase to Battery is just a token, that gives more time to devs to design than dps to us. Increasing the returns from Precision will range backstab accuracy from 85+ to less than 100 in raid, which means less than 4.5% (15% of 30%) overall dps increase.
                    Last edited by Feochadan; 05-23-11, 08:05 AM.

Comment

• EQ Community
                      Round Table Member
                      • May 2004
                      brogett

The monks I've spoke to seem to think they'll lose somewhere around 1k dps on a burn, less on longer fights of course. That may put them closer to us, but I'd guess still ahead on any fight over a couple mins.

IMO we need to use berserkers as our benchmark when asking for improvements from the devs, as they're naturally our closest comparable competition, however it's the necros (and to some extent rangers) which are making a mockery of all the pure melee atm. In our raids we typically see even short fights (2-3min) having necro top spot even when that necro has no bard or chanter support. With it they're simply unassailable. Some parses I see necros over 50% ahead of the top melee.

Maybe it'll close when we get to end-tier HoT, but if so that just implies the game is inbalanced elsewhere. Maybe they need to make rank 1s and 2s less powerful so rank3s gained through progression mean something more than they currently do.

Comment

• Registered Member
                        • Nov 2003
                        Feochadan

About 5% increase in backstab accuracy, so 1.5% overall dps. Zerkers can still sleep quietly.

Comment

• EQ Community
                          Round Table Member
                          • May 2004
                          brogett

It seems to vary for me. On trash stuff I used to be around 80% and now around 90%. On burns I was often already up at 90% anyway, but haven't had a decent burn since the upgrade t know what it's at now.

Anyway I'd say it's maybe closer to 3% therefore. Still nothing game breaking. (Subject to needing much more data.)

Comment

• Registered Member
                            • May 2006
                            Garet Jax

Feochadan said:
                            View Post

Spells
                            One problem I've noticed on this is the range is way too short again. You have to get pretty darn close to use battery and it wasnt like that before. I wonder if they updated the old battery and its range instead of the newer fixed range battery.
                            Last edited by Garet Jax; 05-26-11, 03:56 PM.

Comment

• Registered Member
                              • May 2006
                              Garet Jax

Also, the fixing of group pact of the wolf really blows.

Comment

Working...
                              X