• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • EQ Community
    Round Table Member
    • May 2004
    brogett

AA ideas for 2012 expansion

Quote from Elidroth: "Time to spin up the AA machine.. Let's start hearing your ideas for new ones, upgrades, changes, etc."

What AA ideas do people have for the next expansion?

Brog

Edit: some past posts to trawl if you want to see what old ideas we've had:
    HoT: http://www.thesafehouse.org/forums/s...ad.php?t=37428
    HoT vote: http://www.thesafehouse.org/forums/s...ad.php?t=37434
    Underfoot discussions: http://www.thesafehouse.org/forums/s...d.php?p=482990
    Underfoot vote: http://www.thesafehouse.org/forums/s...ad.php?t=35540
    Underfoot results: http://www.thesafehouse.org/forums/s...ad.php?t=35588
    Last edited by brogett; 05-06-12, 11:13 AM.
  • Veteran
    • Dec 2001
    Stalk

Re: AA ideas for 2012 expansion

MGB Pee on everyone's DPS

Comment

• Former EQ Rogue Community Leader
      • Apr 2003
      SincroFashad

Illusion Shadowman!

-Sinc
      - Sinc
      Nightblade Sincro Fashad
      Triality, Maelin

AFK Message: No, you didn't consent me, that's why you got my /ttell consent hotkey. Arguing with me just makes me not want to drag you at all.

Comment

• EQ Community
        Round Table Member
        • May 2004
        brogett

MOAR DPS: dress it up as desired, but we all know it'll be the primary goal!

I'm not sure I even like the ideas below, but I'm thinking out loud. I reserve the right to rubbish them later

Shadow stance: Activated AA that builds up over time to boost our damage by, say, 25%. However it requires attacking from the shadows, aka being undetected. Any time we get hit the bonus resets to 0 and we start the build up again. Rationale - rewarding agro management. Problem - AoEs, ramp, etc, so it's situational. (That may make it more palatable to the devs though.)

Devilish decoy: Forcibly spin a mob away from the rogue for 2 ticks. (Problem - potential raid abuse on cone spells?)

Poison distillation: the ability to combine say 5 level 90 poison components to obtain 1 level 95. Similarly 5x lvl 95 to get 1 level 100, etc. Feel free to change 5 to 2, 10, or whatever devs deem is appropriate. Rationale - even now we get many many more lvl 90 drops from even con and upwards mobs than we do lvl 95 ones. It'd be nice to not just ignore them.

Comment

• Registered Member
          • Feb 2008
          hettil

Extended and/or hastened counterattack. They'll give you some guff about it being OP already, but how when compared to headshot/vinelash ? Ranger's don't even need to pop a merc to rake in insane AA's
          Barring that some sort of increase in the frequency of regular ripostes would be nice
          More ranks of Knave's return strike (see above about counterattack)
          more ranks of hastened escape
          3 more ranks of extended RF
          An AA to make TE an aura
          More actual dps return on TE
          We keep asking, but never get it ... an improved version of SoS

Other than that, more ranks of our bread and butter DPS stuff and the usual crap they give us. If we are getting 5 more levels too then more ranks of anatomy of course, stuff like that.
          Rogues backstab, cheat, steal, sneak around, and generally cause mayhem and mischeif. If this isn't what you're doing, go be a monk or a zerker.

sigpic

Comment

• Registered Member
            • Jul 2006
            Bargai_Stromm

SincroFashad said:
            View Post
            Illusion Shadowman!

-Sinc
            I am a mask collecter and would rather see this as a rogue or rogue/enchanter mask than another Cunning Disguise AA.

Having said that, mask or AA, how long would it be before an ALL/ALL clicky appeared on the market place?
            Things that popped up on my cursor when practicing pick pocket

Comment

• Hand of the Ring
              • Aug 2002
              Jazya

AA's that don't require expansion progression to purchase.

Comment

• Registered Member
                • Aug 2005
                manateeX

hettil said:
                View Post
                Extended and/or hastened counterattack. They'll give you some guff about it being OP already, but how when compared to headshot/vinelash ? Ranger's don't even need to pop a merc to rake in insane AA's
                Maybe an aa that ups the proc rate for assasination attempts.

Also, maybe just update the steadfast servant? Back in the days of grinding xp in thalassius when it was a hot zone, my steadfast servant plus one or two heal pots was all I needed to stay alive.

Comment

• Registered Member
                  • Feb 2008
                  hettil

AA's to increase the Mod2 caps ... accuracy, avoidance, strike through etc.
                  Rogues backstab, cheat, steal, sneak around, and generally cause mayhem and mischeif. If this isn't what you're doing, go be a monk or a zerker.

sigpic

Comment

• EQ Community
                    Round Table Member
                    • May 2004
                    brogett

Hastened spires (some classes get already I believe). Minor, but all helps.

Comment

• Registered Member
                      • Nov 2006
                      Effoff

Mob movement AA. Like the monk and warrior AA's that allows them to pull and push mobs in a direction. Since our DPS is dependent highly on mob placement, we should be able to move the mob some.

Hate reducing AA's. This means no more DoT's. Even an AA that removes all DoT's from the mob that were inflicted from a rogue when they escape (so the next tick will not put us back on agro).

Increase the level of that we can (anatomy) assassinate (to include the amount of damage it does).

Add mob types that we can learn to (anatomy) assassinate instead of only humanoid.

More DPS.

Decrease time to escape, hide, and sneak.
                      Last edited by Effoff; 05-10-12, 02:21 AM.

Comment

• Registered Member
                        • Mar 2006
                        Anywen

hettil said:
                        View Post
                        Barring that some sort of increase in the frequency of regular ripostes would be nice
                        More ranks of Knave's return strike (see above about counterattack)
                        more ranks of hastened escape
                        Please, please, please! I mean please add these!

I can understand why they would think it's overpowered... but really riposte disc is a really usefull tool that could use some boost...

More hastened escape rank.. seriously escape should be somewhere in the 1min refresh time now.
                        Last edited by Anywen; 05-10-12, 04:50 AM.
                        Bouh

Comment

• Registered Member
                          • Jun 2004
                          Padgin

SincroFashad said:
                          View Post
                          Illusion Shadowman!

-Sinc
                          HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

How many times does this need to be mentioned, and from you Sinc?lthough I might be tempted to start playing again if........
                          Padgin's Stuff

Comment

• Registered Member
                            • Aug 2005
                            manateeX

Also, maybe an aa that allows us to get assassination attempts from throwing weapons from the forward arc.

Comment

• Registered Member
                              • Jan 2004
                              amaquin

Group Invis2 aura. Wouldn't interfere with our combat aura clickies, make it a short enough range to keep the number of dirty tricks we could do with it down, and if you like even have it snare non-rogues down to the speed of a low level sneak.

Otherwise: Assassinate on throwing weapons needs an increase in proc rate, and front arc. I'd even settle for a arc restriction removal on backstab and deadly strikes. And moar dps, always moar dps.

Oddball: a lifetap proc similar to SK epic 2? Nothing that hard hitting, or with the whole group effect like the SK one. Just something that procs every/nearly every swing like theirs. Make it reduce dps output if you have to, to make it a soloing booster instead of a general dps boost. Say, 10% reduced damage for 1 minute, 15% of damage returned in lifetaps. Percentages are negotiable, I don't have a clue if those numbers would be too much healing, or too little. Consider it the antithesis of Razor's Edge.

Comment

Working...
                              X