• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Rogue Class Leader
    -Vanguard
    • Apr 2004
    Dikamin

Bugs list

Alright lets Keep this thread to only posting bugs with current abilites. No comment on other things please.

I will be coming back editing my oringal post to list all bugs. Just keep posting bugs you come across.
    Last edited by Dikamin; 08-16-07, 10:05 PM.
  • Registered Member
    • Feb 2007
    au+

Re: Bugs list

* Damage display timing with Shank (when stealthed) is bugged. Missing hit timing information from the animation, I would guess.

* Deter seems to activate 1-2 hits later than when you click the ability. Seems odd, though it might be intended.

* The 'Stalk' ability has a refresh timer that shouldn't be there.

* Animations of abilities are often different when in stealth mode than when not. Bug or feature?

* The Fade icon doesn't always properly light up after using Ploy. Unsure how to reproduce.

* Revenge icon doesn't always light up after parrying. It does still work anyway, however.

* Ploy can miss occasionally. I'm not sure how a defensive maneuver can miss, posting in case it's a bug.

* Stealth works while on a mount. Sneaky horses are cool and all but it's probably a bug.

Comment

• Veteran
      • Jan 2007
      vjek

BUG: Damage Shields and Area of Effect spells break the only Combat Stance Rogues get, namely, Stalking. No other class combat stance in the game suffers from this bug. The amount of daily frustration this broken mechanic creates is beyond imagining. In most cases, this means every single fight the Rogue is knocked out of Stalk at least once. (Yes, I know this one is known, just including it for completeness)

BUG: All racial abilities break Stalk, and should not.

BUG: Consumable buff items break Stalk, and should not. (potions, food, healing items, talismans, summoned druid items, charged items, etc) However, using poison does NOT break Stalk.

BUG: Rogue Poison buffs drop if you log out for any reason. The buff does not persist like all other buffs do, even if there is time left on the poison/buff.

BUG: Scroll of Float: Levitate effect is lost (gone, no lev) after evac'ing.

BUG: Throwing Daggers: No increase in damage with better throwing daggers. No Bandoliers for holding stacks of Throwing Daggers (but quivers/bolt cases for arrows/bolts!!). However, Throwing Daggers are REQUIRED for our abilities but in every way throwing daggers are worse than any other ranged weapon. Can you just make throwing daggers better in ONE way, when compared to other ranged weapons, so we might have some reason to want to use them, and also the corresponding abilities based on them?

BUG: Finishers: If Stalk is broken (yes, i realize this is an issue tied to AE/DS's unintentionally breaking Stalk) between the time a finisher is triggered and the time the Rogue can select a finisher, SOME finishing moves cannot be cast. However, some can (clout, ruin, for example). It's inconsistent. Obviously, it would be better if it didn't matter, and the finishing moves (all of them) could still be cast.

BUG: The recast timer for Shiv and Impale abilities will show castable, but are not castable. (refresh timers do not match hotkey icon timers). The hotkey is lit up like you can cast it, but if you press it, you get the message "You are not ready to do that yet" or something similar. So either fix the broken hotkey icons so they don't show up unless you REALLY can cast them or remove recast timers on Shiv and Impale, one or the other.

BUG: Some positional attacks prevent casting if requirements are not met. Some positional attacks do not prevent casting if requirements are not met. It's inconsistent. Specifically, Backstab vs. Shank/Shiv. Backstab will not cast unless the positional conditions are met. Shank/Shiv do not prevent casting if the positional conditions are not met. But those that don't prevent casting (Shank/Shiv) will happily expire the finishing move and do absolutely nothing, wasting the critical/finishing move.

BUG: Deathwhirl (Rogue learned ability) does not consistently open up all finishing moves. Occasionally it will do it right, and you can use any finisher as normal. However, most of the time, the only finishing move you can use is Clout. Deathwhirl needs to be fixed so that it consistently opens up all finishing moves on a critical, like all our other finisher-openers do.

BUG: Finishing move timers are inaccurate. Specifically, all finishing moves are NOT castable with 10-20% of the green-timer-bar remaining. The green timer bar does not match the time remaining to cast. To fix this, change the green timer bar so it actually matches the time remaining.

BUG: After using Escape, any DoT's the Rogue has ticking on any monsters will re-add the Rogue to the monster's hate list. As a fix, all Rogue DoT's should be cancelled on the use of Escape.

BUG: Escape cannot be used if the Rogue is the focus of aggro. As a fix, the Rogue should be able to use Escape at any time (yes, I know this is known, and supposed to be fixed soon, but still including it)

Comment

• Registered Member
        • Jan 2007
        bajadera

Elusive Foe lvl 50 earned ability is blocking runspeed buffs.

Comment

• Registered Member
          • Mar 2007
          Pokers

I'm level 50 and my Ravage opener is consistently outdamaged by my shank/shiv chain by a rather large degree, which shouldn't be possible. Maybe the damage formula for Ravage VI is bugged?

Can anyone corroborate this?
          Last edited by Pokers; 05-14-07, 11:54 AM.

Comment

• Registered Member
            • Feb 2007
            Maliphus_Iscariot

Note on the throwing daggers damage.. Its not limited to daggers. ALL throwing weapons are like this.

Comment

• Registered Member
              • Mar 2007
              Urglunt

Seeing as we are now dealing with SOE, I would just like to say that in my years of playing SOE games, the major rule of thumb is that the squeaky wheel gets the grease.

In the spirit of such rule I have already posted about AE/DS breaking stealth

Comment

• Veteran
                • Jan 2007
                vjek

Fade and Knee break damage are not being logged properly:

[19:38:58] [19:38] Your <highlight>Knee Break V</color> hits Frenzied Mullosk for <highlight>1073741400 (536870488+536870912)</color> damage.

[19:39:22] [19:39] Your <highlight>Fade</color> hits Frenzied Mullosk for <highlight>1073741824 (536870912+536870912)</color> damage.

(not that Fade is supposed to do damage, but... that's a separate bug I s'pose)

Comment

• Registered Member
                  • Apr 2005
                  phantomstar

- Backstab VI does less damage then Backstab V, and costs the same Endurance.
                  - After 42 There are some abilities that have no refresh (Shank as an example). Is this intended?
                  I know that may seem like a wierd question but it may actually be intended to help scale our DPS up as we move up in levels.

This is way down the list but its something that is kinda annoying as well.
                  It appears all click abilities on equipment break stealth.

-The "Felzekar, Helm of Dominion" which has an ability to crit on the next hit from Rahz breaks stealth every time I use it; last night I had my first crash while trying to activate it. I mostly use it when an AoE has broken my stealth.

Vjek did go over this a bit but wanted to make sure items were added to that list.

Thanks a ton.
                  Last edited by phantomstar; 05-17-07, 04:51 PM.

Comment

• Registered Member
                    • Apr 2005
                    phantomstar

vjek said:
                    Fade and Knee break damage are not being logged properly:

[19:38:58] [19:38] Your <highlight>Knee Break V</color> hits Frenzied Mullosk for <highlight>1073741400 (536870488+536870912)</color> damage.

[19:39:22] [19:39] Your <highlight>Fade</color> hits Frenzied Mullosk for <highlight>1073741824 (536870912+536870912)</color> damage.

(not that Fade is supposed to do damage, but... that's a separate bug I s'pose)
                    Yea I had this exact issue as well, Monks have something similar I couldn't get a good read out of our monk in group.
                    I would add to the list that we would like to have all damage report to the maker of said damage so that we can get a good reading of the logs
                    Last edited by phantomstar; 05-17-07, 04:43 PM.

Comment

• Veteran
                      • Jan 2007
                      vjek

Also, we're still showing great disrespect for the dead (beating on corpses, slaying them after they're dead, etc)

Everything_log_2007_0519_2056.txt:[21:18:28] [21:18] You have slain corpse of Mountain Doe!
                      Everything_log_2007_0519_2056.txt:[21:18:28] [21:18] You crush corpse of Mountain Doe for <highlight>2087 (1607+480)</color> damage.
                      Everything_log_2007_0521_0848.txt:[08:54:24] [08:54] You have slain corpse of Mountain Stag!
                      Everything_log_2007_0521_0848.txt:[08:54:24] [08:54] You crush corpse of Mountain Stag for <highlight>539 (337+202)</color> damage.
                      Everything_log_2007_0521_0848.txt:[09:09:47] [09:09] You have slain corpse of Mountain Stag!
                      Everything_log_2007_0521_0848.txt:[09:09:47] [09:09] You crush corpse of Mountain Stag for <highlight>543 (373+170)</color> damage.
                      Everything_log_2007_0521_0848.txt:[09:15:20] [09:15] You have slain corpse of Mountain Stag!
                      Everything_log_2007_0521_0848.txt:[09:15:20] [09:15] You crush corpse of Mountain Stag for <highlight>592 (441+151)</color> damage.
                      Everything_log_2007_0522_1614.txt:[17:07:51] [17:07] You have slain corpse of Bog Sludge!
                      Everything_log_2007_0522_1614.txt:[17:07:51] [17:07] You pierce corpse of Bog Sludge for <highlight>482 (296+186)</color> damage.
                      Everything_log_2007_0522_2008.txt:[20:51:16] [20:51] You have slain corpse of Razorfin Walker!
                      Everything_log_2007_0522_2008.txt:[20:51:16] [20:51] You pierce corpse of Razorfin Walker for <highlight>526 (376+150)</color> damage.
                      Everything_log_2007_0522_2008.txt:[21:09:45] [21:09] You have slain corpse of Mnalus Warrior!
                      Everything_log_2007_0522_2008.txt:[21:09:45] [21:09] You pierce corpse of Mnalus Warrior for <highlight>782 (544+238)</color> damage.

(BUG: once it's a corpse, we should not be hitting it or slaying it... )

Comment

• Registered Member
                        • Mar 2007
                        Krazin

Along with escape, smoke bomb also will not allow you to go into stealth while focus of agro.

Deter breaks stealth.

Only vampiric thirst scrolls seem to go away when you log out none of the rest. Do not need them to go in and look at one scroll and say its fixed and not actually fix the problem.

Kraz
                        Last edited by Krazin; 05-31-07, 11:11 AM.

Comment

• Registered Member
                          • Jan 2007
                          Mythdarr

Opening with a Critical Ravage against another player does apply the 2-3 second stun as it should.

I also think Foul Blood dart is not altering heals enough. I think it should be more in line with the Cleric debuff, this is from a PVE point of view, since noone heals in PVP. (They dont have time to)
                          Last edited by Mythdarr; 05-30-07, 08:16 AM.
                          Journeyman Weaponsmith Ubik of Varking, *Where's the love?/Kojani is sexy™*

Comment

• Registered Member
                            • Mar 2007
                            jhood001

Pokers said:
                            I'm level 50 and my Ravage opener is consistently outdamaged by my shank/shiv chain by a rather large degree, which shouldn't be possible. Maybe the damage formula for Ravage VI is bugged?

Can anyone corroborate this?
                            Yes, this absolutely happens. It really shows itself when Quickblade and Vital Strike is activated. Around lvl 40, Ravage seems to max out around 3k, while Shank can hit all the way up to 8k. This definately exists.

Edit: Obviously around lvl 40 I don't even have Ravage VI, but I have always seen this behavior with all levels of Ravage.
                            Last edited by jhood001; 06-04-07, 10:03 AM.

Comment

• Registered Member
                              • Mar 2007
                              jhood001

Bug: Rogue ranged abilities that require throwing daggers (Arc of Daggers, Rogues Kiss) cannot be used with crafted throwing daggers. You get the incorrect weapon type message.

Comment

Working...
                              X