• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Veteran
    • Jan 2004
    FarSky

Sigil Gutted?/Smed's Response

Any word on these rumors? Forum member from another board heavily involved with game devs is confirming that he's currently talking to "released" devs in IRC.

The axe finally fell. It was only a matter of time, I suppose. And while many of you may try to spin this to make SOE look bad, apparently this wasn't really their doing. You see, SOE doesn't own Sigil. It doesn't own Sigil now and they won't own them tomorrow. But they do own Vanguard. What fate awaits that game? I don't know. Don't particularly care either.

But I do know that at approximately 4:30PM today, Sigil employees were told to meet outside. At which point they were terminated. On the spot. By whom? Doesn't seem to have been Brad McQuaid, if it was, nobody is talking. But that doesn't seem like something he'd do. But I suppose the executioner is irrelevant since most folks secretly want it to be SOE and it wasn't. As it stands, people were told to come back tomorrow to do their paperwork and some may get hired by SOE.

I contacted SOE since I'm not in the business of burning bridges or spinning news and they had this to say:

"...an announcement is forthcoming tomorrow."

Update: There's some debate over this being ALL employees or just some of them. Obviously, it's not ALL of them - after all, someone had to do the firing. Let's just say that - from what I've heard - they don't have enough employees left to update a casual game... like Snood.
    --
    My movie reviews 'n stuff
  • Registered Member
    • Feb 2007
    Pakesso

Re: Sigil Gutted?

Yeah, seems professional enough so it's totally believable. Who the hell invites employees into the parking lot and fires them. :P As of now, i don't believe it. How ridiculous. LOL WoW fanbois at work? :O

Comment

• Veteran
      • Jan 2004
      FarSky

Seen it happen before (though it was a large unused office room, instead of the parking lot).

Either way, I guess we'll know tomorrow.
      --
      My movie reviews 'n stuff

Comment

• Registered Member
        • Feb 2007
        Telrik

Looks like something big is going down..

Gah, does this mean i will miss a "re-launch" ? Or does it mean that SoE will do a "revamp" for then good of the game?

This severely diminishes my chances of returning to Vanguard..

Comment

• Registered Member
          • Feb 2001
          Itzena

FE(veryones)I: f13 is one of the 'successor sites' to the old 'Lum the Mad' rant-site.
          --
          Mistress Itzena Alhazared, Ronin Shadowknight of Vallon Zek.
          Itzena, Fallen paladin of the Forsaken, Defias Brotherhood (Eu).

"If it cannot hatch from it's shell, the chick will die without ever truly being born. We are the chick; the world is our egg. If we don't break the world's shell, we will die without truly being born. Smash the world's shell, for the Revolution of the World."

Comment

• Registered Member
            • Feb 2007
            Telrik

Itzena said:
            FE(veryones)I: f13 is one of the 'successor sites' to the old 'Lum the Mad' rant-site.
            Not sure what you meant here, but there are posts by some of the sigil employees aswell.. So i dont think this is fake news mate. Sorry.

Comment

• n00b!
              • Apr 2002
              Nocte

I'm pretty sure Itzena was validating the site, not discounting it. Lum (love him or hate him) is a pretty well known intraweb celebrity.

Comment

• Weird Store
                Snack Pervert
                • Dec 2003
                Tivia

IF this is true,

As mentioned by someone in the thread. Pretty common practice and I would expect to see most of not all of them hired by SoE by tomorrow.

"Check out my youtube channel. Featuring League of Legends, FFXIV:ARR, gameplay and commentary."

Comment

• Registered Member
                  • Mar 2006
                  DmaulSoulstealer

Can they make them fix stealth before they go??

Dm

Comment

• Registered Member
                    • Feb 2007
                    Maliphus_Iscariot

Its all over the place... F13, SV, vgspheres, etc..

Hmm.... I wonder if class lead may know something about the future of our class and this game?

Comment

• Weird Store
                      Snack Pervert
                      • Dec 2003
                      Tivia

Maliphus_Iscariot said:
                      Its all over the place... F13, SV, vgspheres, etc..

Hmm.... I wonder if class lead may know something about the future of our class and this game?
                      Honestly, I would speculate everything is just fine. SoE bought the game, I doubt seriously they would can it. I would not expect to see any major changes, not much different then when SoE aquired Verant.

"Check out my youtube channel. Featuring League of Legends, FFXIV:ARR, gameplay and commentary."

Comment

• Registered Member
                        • Feb 2007
                        Pakesso

I read somewhere in some smoke signals (I'm Native American) that everyone got fired because no one wanted to touch the Rogue class. Sony didn't want to go through the same mistake they made with EQ and the Rogue classes there. They wanted Vanguard to be a Rogue powerhouse game but every single plan they had for the class fell through cause of the lazy ass programmers. The reason they have a hard time fixing stealth is because the whole GAME revolved around our class but due to the other classes getting love and balance (in reference to the Rogue stealth) they ended up screwing up the code so bad that no one wanted to even go near Rogues and fix it. They all tried to hide their mistake by making every other class playable. One of the employees in-the-know said they were hoping that making 15 classes and adding 2 more soon would make everyone forget Rogues even existed and therefor force the class to be eliminated altogether. Sony Online caught on and called them all into a parking lot and said "You Rogue hating bastards, you're all fired. You can go apply at Blizzard now."

So here's to hoping that Sony will hire Rogue lovers and fix the code and everything in the universe that would make Rogues be the Rogues they were meant to be. Stay tuned...

Comment

• n00b!
                          • Apr 2002
                          Nocte

If it makes anyone feel any better, the affiliate sites don't know much more than you do. Glip and Elrar have been filtering info as they can, but nothing worth mentioning at this point. Corporate diplomacy is fun!

Comment

• Veteran
                            • Jul 2000
                            Lenilya

Assertive Reasoning.

Get the lever for Sigil Infos set, and then talk to our SH NPC's for the scoop.
                            - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
                            "You are not alone, and you are not strange.
                            You are you, and everyone has damage. Be the better person."

Comment

• Registered Member
                              • Mar 2007
                              Astery

so it seems not much hope for rogues to get the fixes anytime soon...

Comment

Working...
                              X