• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Veteran
    • Dec 2001
    Stalk

Evangelion remake coming out

So, Gainax is remaking Evangelion. It will be four movies, 1. First Arc, 2. Middle Arc, 3. End Arc, 4. Finale Arc.

The first arc comes out Summer 2007. It's all new animation and a remade story. I don't have much information that's not rumors to give other than that.
  • Veteran
    • Aug 2005
    Effsee

Re: Evangelion remake coming out

OK, now when they say "remade story" do they mean it won't be a souless void of depression and spite collapsing upon itself in one large gaping wound? Can shinji not be a pansy? Can rei have a soul for more than three minutes without it being torn away from her thus making me even more depressed? Find out next week, same eva time, same eva channel.

Almost as much as statesman.. *sigh*
    Effsee -~- Grand High Super Duper Awesome Sauce No One Expects The Spanish Inquisition Great Pirate King of Sniper Island Captain General Colonel Wingman Consigliere Shadow Warrior of the Highwaymen - Chief Warrant Officer of the Department of Annoying Teannin

Comment

• Cork Soaker
      • Jun 2004
      Sollon Darkmoon

Effsee said:
      OK, now when they say "remade story" do they mean it won't be a souless void of depression and spite collapsing upon itself in one large gaping wound? Can shinji not be a pansy? Can rei have a soul for more than three minutes without it being torn away from her thus making me even more depressed? Find out next week, same eva time, same eva channel.

Almost as much as statesman.. *sigh*
      No you just get to see them depressed in better animation quality and redone wording! :P.
      Eternal Chains
      Rest In Peace, My Most Beloved Witch, Beatrice
      I Won't Let You Escape
      When The Seagulls Cry, None Are Left Alive.

Comment

• Registered Member
        • Oct 2005
        OpZO

Please be the manga version of these characters. Less Asuka, Rei with a semblance of personality, a lot less whiny Shinji...so much good could be done

Comment

• Veteran
          • Mar 2000
          notwen

Thus the dairy farm that was once an incredible animation studio.

Le sigh. :/

Comment

• Veteran
            • Dec 2001
            Stalk

I was going to let Toprem post it himself, but since he didn't... gonna post it for him. This is a quote from Toprem's post.

The title for the new film series is "Evangelion Shin Gekijou Ban", it will consist of 4 parts with the first part arriving in Japanese theaters in early summer, 2007. Staff include General Supervisor: Hideaki Anno, Director: Tsurumaki Kazuya , Character Design: Yoshiyuki Sadamoto, Mecha Design: Ikuto Yamashita, Animation Production: Khara (Color) Studio. The scenario of the 1st part will be written by Hideaki Anno with storyboard by Shinji Higuchi. Key points of a supposed interview which may or may not appear in the forthcoming edition of Newtype attributed to Toshimichi Ohtsuki of King Records have also been circulating.

According to that information:
            -The content is quite different though the time base of the story is the same as the original TV series.
            - It will be a remake, however, it is not a re-creation but a "new work".
            - The approach will be different than what Tomino-san did with the Gundam Z New Translation films, there will apparantly be a large amount of new material.
            - Even if the TV series has not be seen, the viewer will be able to enjoy it. Though the content becomes easy, it is not redundant to those already familiar with the series.
            - The technique that purposely scatters difficult words and phrases will not be used any longer.
            - As an antithesis to current animation industry segments. It is an attitude on the production side to pull the act in the age that started from Eva.
            What I take that to mean is they intend to simplify the story, and make it more sensical. I think they will change a lot of things, Shinji's character seems like an obvious place to begin.

Comment

• Count Monster-rod
              Von Hugenstein
              • Jul 2000
              DarthEnderX

**** me in the ass...

Comment

• Safehouse Staff Infection
                • Feb 2002
                Nenjin

So is this going to be "Safe For Mass Consumption" version?

- The technique that purposely scatters difficult words and phrases will not be used any longer.
                lolz. Translation: We won't attempt to boggle your mind with occult references anymore.

/le sigh indeed.
                I don't want to live in a world where there are no consequences for being stupid. A few thousand years ago these users would have been eaten by lions.

Comment

• Agent Slurpee
                  • Feb 2002
                  Tabbran

I'm guessing that "Shin Gekijou Ban" means "I Have Daddy Issues"

robotkittenhappytrain tichondrius

Comment

• Safehouse Staff Infection
                    • Feb 2002
                    Nenjin

Haha.
                    I don't want to live in a world where there are no consequences for being stupid. A few thousand years ago these users would have been eaten by lions.

Comment

• Registered Member
                      • Feb 2001
                      Itzena

Tabbran said:
                      I'm guessing that "Shin Gekijou Ban" means "I Have Daddy Issues"
                      I thought it translated to 'The Search For More Money' ?
                      Last edited by Itzena; 09-08-06, 12:16 PM.
                      --
                      Mistress Itzena Alhazared, Ronin Shadowknight of Vallon Zek.
                      Itzena, Fallen paladin of the Forsaken, Defias Brotherhood (Eu).

"If it cannot hatch from it's shell, the chick will die without ever truly being born. We are the chick; the world is our egg. If we don't break the world's shell, we will die without truly being born. Smash the world's shell, for the Revolution of the World."

Comment

• Administrator
                        • Jul 2000
                        Ruccus

I thought Evangelion was an excellent series and 'End of Evangelion' was great, though I didn't like 'Death and Rebirth'. I could see the logic in releasing the remastered platinum series in 5.1 surround sound, but all these other things seem to be money grabs.

I think I soured on all 'new' Evangelion things while reading an issue of Newtype a while back. Near the back of the magazine I saw a full page ad for an Asuka figurine dressed in a maid's outfit (here's the figurine. The call it 'loli/goth' but it looks more like 'french maid').

I still really like the old series, but I'm weary of new stuff.

Comment

• Veteran
                          • Dec 2001
                          Stalk

Just wondering, why did that figure sour you on Evangelion? I own that figure (the only Asuka figure I've ever liked and bought, aside from the Grimrock set.)

While they make royalties, Gainax doesn't make the figures themselves. The goth loli Asuka and Rei are doujin creations. Just wondering. Also, that figure is most definitely Goth Loli, which is different from the maid outfit. Goth Loli is a fashion style that's VERY popular in Japan. Saturdays in Shibuya will show tons of girls dressing up as Goth Loli. There's several magazines about the fashion alone, the most popular being EGL (Elegant Goth Loli) and it has it's own sub-fashions. For more info, see this wiki.

I'm far more forgiving of the figures that are created by doujin groups then mass-manufactured. I am also weary of Gainax milking the series, but I personally find this to be potentionally worthwhile. Depending on how they do it, of course.

Comment

• Cork Soaker
                            • Jun 2004
                            Sollon Darkmoon

Stalk said:
                            Just wondering, why did that figure sour you on Evangelion? I own that figure (the only Asuka figure I've ever liked and bought, aside from the Grimrock set.)

While they make royalties, Gainax doesn't make the figures themselves. The goth loli Asuka and Rei are doujin creations. Just wondering. Also, that figure is most definitely Goth Loli, which is different from the maid outfit. Goth Loli is a fashion style that's VERY popular in Japan. Saturdays in Shibuya will show tons of girls dressing up as Goth Loli. There's several magazines about the fashion alone, the most popular being EGL (Elegant Goth Loli) and it has it's own sub-fashions. For more info, see this wiki.

I'm far more forgiving of the figures that are created by doujin groups then mass-manufactured. I am also weary of Gainax milking the series, but I personally find this to be potentionally worthwhile. Depending on how they do it, of course.
                            Heh best Asuka figure I ever seen. But the photo in the link doesn't really do it justice.

Errr Ruccus's link...
                            Last edited by Sollon Darkmoon; 09-08-06, 03:41 PM.
                            Eternal Chains
                            Rest In Peace, My Most Beloved Witch, Beatrice
                            I Won't Let You Escape
                            When The Seagulls Cry, None Are Left Alive.

Comment

• Administrator
                              • Jul 2000
                              Ruccus

I think it soured me because it took Asuka out of Evangelion and used her in a manner completely unrelated to Evangelion; they just used the Evangelion name to sell the product.

Edit: I should say I think the figurine itself looks fine, it's just not in character with who she is any more than putting Motoko Kusanagi in the same outfit.
                              Last edited by Ruccus; 09-08-06, 03:51 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X