Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Warner Bros. starting work on laive action Bleach movie...

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Veteran
    • Sep 2003
    Ackar

Warner Bros. starting work on laive action Bleach movie...

Warner Bros. Sets Out 'Bleach' Movie With 'Wrath of the Titans' Scribe Penning the Script

While it has put the development of "Akira" on a hold, Warner Bros. Pictures reportedly moves forward with a new Japanese manga-adapted movie. According to Variety, the studio has acquired the live-action feature rights to Tite Kubo's famous comic and anime property, "Bleach".

Warners has already tapped "Wrath of the Titans" screenwriter Dan Mazeau to provide the script. Serving as the producer for the upcoming project is "50 First Dates" director Peter Segal, who is also poised to tackle the helming duty.

"I've always been a huge fan of 'Bleach' and have great respect for its creator Kubo and the truly original and amazing world he has created in this manga," so said Segal of the comics, which have been sold more than 75 million print copies in Japan alone.

"Bleach" follows Ichigo Kurosaki, a 15-year-old teenager who has an ability to see ghosts. He then meets a female Soul Reaper, a member of an order that excorts the souls of the dead. A fight with an evil spirit causes the Reaper to transfer all her power to Ichigo, leaving her stranded in the human world as the boy takes over her job as an evil fighter.

In the meantime, Warners' other manga-adapted movie "Akira" has been temporarily put on pause due to budgetary and script issue. The Leonardo DiCaprio-produced film has already hired Jaume Collet-Serra as the helmer with Garrett Hedlund and Gary Oldman being attached to the cast ensemble.
  • Veteran
    • Jun 2004
    likenew

Re: Warner Bros. starting work on live action Bleach movie...

Ackar said:
    View Post
    "I've always been a huge fan of 'Bleach' and have great respect for its creator Kubo and the truly original and amazing world he has created in this manga," so said Segal of the comics, which have been sold more than 75 million print copies in Japan alone."

I read that, but I see "I've never heard of 'Bleach' before, or its creator Kubo whats his name. I don't know what a manga is either, but it probably isn't very original. What did you say? 75 million copies sold?! I'm in!"
    likenew shinycoins of cazic thule

My first blog

Comment

• Veteran
      • Jul 2000
      Lenilya

Re: Warner Bros. starting work on laive action Bleach movie...

It's gonna be like the ****ing Dragonball movie.
      - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
      "You are not alone, and you are not strange.
      You are you, and everyone has damage. Be the better person."

Comment

• Weird Store
        Snack Pervert
        • Dec 2003
        Tivia

Live action anime is usually god awful...

I will pass.

"Check out my youtube channel. Featuring League of Legends, FFXIV:ARR, gameplay and commentary."

Comment

• Count Monster-rod
          Von Hugenstein
          • Jul 2000
          DarthEnderX

Just in time for the cancellation of the anime too!

Comment

• Veteran
            • Jun 2004
            likenew

The current ark still feels like filler to me, same for naruto. Does this mean I've seen too much filler?
            likenew shinycoins of cazic thule

My first blog

Comment

• Weird Store
              Snack Pervert
              • Dec 2003
              Tivia

likenew said:
              View Post
              The current ark still feels like filler to me, same for naruto. Does this mean I've seen too much filler?
              That or the writing has gotten so abysmal that filler is just as good/bad..

"Check out my youtube channel. Featuring League of Legends, FFXIV:ARR, gameplay and commentary."

Comment

• v. Resident Grammarian
                • May 2004
                Toprem

DarthEnder said:
                View Post
                Just in time for the cancellation of the anime too!
                Huh, had to look it up to see if you were serious. Meh, been DLing it but havent watched it since the overall arc of the series ended, guess I should put up with it and finally watch all this stuff (currently going through Naruto filler to catch up now that the filler is over).
                Master Tailor Toprem Spaztastic, level 75 Drizzlecaller of Karana. Member of Clan Ta Veren

#1 Druid on Prexus.

Comment

Working...
                X