• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Veteran
    • Jun 2004
    likenew

What ssd are you sporting?

Just curious what your using. I will prolly join you soon, either with a crucial m4 or this http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...=ATVPDKIKX0DER

I should have bit on the m4 when it hit the magically $1/gb mark, but amazon didn't price match newegg so I lost out. The mushkin has equally great reviews for reliability.
    likenew shinycoins of cazic thule

My first blog
  • Veteran
    • Feb 2002
    PsiKoTicK

Re: What ssd are you sporting?

OCZ Vertex 2 - I love it - http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...00_i00_details

Comment

• Registered Member
      • Dec 1969
      Nimhloth

I'm running an OCZ Agility 3 60gb. I really like it so far but kinda wish I had picked up a 90gb instead.

Comment

• Veteran
        • Jun 2004
        likenew

What did you do that makes your ocz products work for you? The reviews are so bad!

My first blog

Comment

• Veteran
          • Feb 2002
          PsiKoTicK

likenew said:
          View Post
          What did you do that makes your ocz products work for you? The reviews are so bad!
          My OCZ was the highest rated at the time I bought it (which admittedly was 14 months ago)... I did the firmware update, and I run in AHCI mode... <shrugs>

Comment

• Veteran
            • Jan 2000
            Kambic

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16820227610

I got this last year; had some Newegg gift card and picked it up. I'm happy with it. I do wish it were larger, but that's just par for the course; I'm not dissatisfied.

I did hope that running an SSD would have a more noticeable impact on game load times, but it wasn't was amazing as I expected.

Comment

• Weird Store
              Snack Pervert
              • Dec 2003
              Tivia

I have the micro center one, which is just a relabeled OCZ Vertex 60GB. I just updated the firmware first thing and it has run flawlessly. Much like others, I do regret not going with a larger one. 60gb just isn't enough if you want to be lazy and not micro manage your installs a little bit. But I can't complain too much, I got it for $75 on sale at a time when they normally went for $120.

"Check out my youtube channel. Featuring League of Legends, FFXIV:ARR, gameplay and commentary."

Comment

• Queen Of Chaos
                • Jul 1999
                Koru

I was sporting an Intel 80GB card, but got a Kingston HyperX 120GB as a present and am using that now. Absolutely loving it. While, like most, I put most of my games on a separate data drive I do have some of the games I play the most on the SSD (thanks steammover for making the shuffling easier). I love it. It doesn't speed up the games as much as ya might like, true, but it's all those little things that are just so awesome, browser, voice chat, various other programs booting up instantly. You wouldn't think those extra 40GB would make a difference, but having that much of a leeway on space is really nice for not worrying too much about having to pick and choose on programs other than games. Sure doesn't hurt the speed any either.

Comment

• Veteran
                  • May 2004
                  Vilkata Tasavalt

I got a Crucial M4.
                  Love it.

Computer boots soooo fast.

I only keep the OS on it, though. Everything else is on my data drive.

Comment

• Veteran
                    • Jun 2004
                    likenew

I did end up getting the mushkin drive I linked above, it arrived at my parents place today so I'll get it tomorrow. Now I just need a ati 7750 to go on sale! Prices seem to be going up for it though, ugg.

My first blog

Comment

• Veteran
                      • Jul 2004
                      Solanar

Are SSD's the same for laptops and desktops?

Comment

• Veteran
                        • Jun 2004
                        likenew

They can generally fit in either yes =-) They do come in various sizes of course, most are 2.5 variety, some of those come with adapters to fit in desktops...some are 1.8 or smaller I believe, too.

My first blog

Comment

Working...
                        X