Safehouse Forums

Safehouse Site Info

The end is nigh

FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Hushed
Registered Member

back to EQ2, after 3 years
Reply With Quote   #1

My wife and I are going to give EQ2 a shot again, after a three year hiatus of other MMOs.

We were duoing with a Troubadour/Templar combo, when sony nerfed Agility big time, my Troubadour was no longer able to tank, when we duoed.

I was expecting to need to a traditional tank, but from what I see, anyone can solo now. That means, we will be able to duo!

Would we see a large difference in duoing if I played a traditional tank instead of a Troubadour?

I've got a long patch ahead, so this answer will be answered tomorrow if no one can answer it now. I quit before I was forced to repick my class. My wife says, she logged into her account after some patch, and was forced to repick her class amongst the different healing classes.

If I'm able to do this, would another scout class be as good as a tank? I'm really a dagger rogue at heart, but I don't mind being practical in my class choice.

Anyway, any recommendations of a good duo class combo would be appreciated. If you have an idea of end game raid viability aswell, that would be great.

Thanks
Hushed

Mint_Deville
Registered Member

Re: back to EQ2, after 3 years
Reply With Quote   #2

I had a Coercer from the Start of EQ2. When i logged her in half a year ago, i had half an hour of clicking Confirmation Boxes, selecting abilities and binding Equipment. I didnt recognize the char anymore, but my memory was hazy at best.

I just made a new Char(Fury) from the begining, to learn playing anew.

That is what i would recomend.

I couldnt say much about duoing, because i mostly solo, but when im in a duo in Kunark it didnt matter wich Class it was.

Marbh
Veteran

Reply With Quote   #3

If your characters were less than lvl 30, I would consider starting fresh, especially if you have the Rise of Kunark expansion. Start new characters, go to Timurous Deep if you dont start there (sounds like you want qeynos/kelethin affiliations) and you'll be lvl 20 in 1-2 days. You should have 3-4 gold each by then, 5-12 AAs, 2 of your racial traditions (lvl 10 and 20), and some really banging gear. If you plan to duo all the time, a fighter class will always tank best, but having the healer along allows for a good amount of other stuff, just watch out for the triple up arror heroics, they hurt a lot, and my friend and I had problems when we tried duoing a bruiser/assassin.

Brigand is pretty good at taking a beating, can use a shield and taunt if you want, lots of interupts. Lots of stuns for helping with positional attacks. Assassin is not good for duoing with a healer unless that healer wants to be the main target since you need backshots for so much stuff. Swashbuckler I've heard is very similar to the brigand in play, cant confirm due to my evil nature.

What server ya'll on btw?

marcopolo
Registered Member

Reply With Quote   #4

Getting to Timorous Deep from Qeynos is easy. Getting to Timorous Deep from Kelethin is... exciting. Especially at level 4. /shiver, it was exciting and my heart was in my mouth the entire time. Blasted gorillas!

p.s. Swashbuckler is what I am in eq2, solos pretty well! Appears to tank well too... cos well I have to in order to solo.

Mharco
Firiona Vie
Bummey
Registered Member

Reply With Quote   #5

marcopolo said:
p.s. Swashbuckler is what I am in eq2, solos pretty well! Appears to tank well too... cos well I have to in order to solo.
But if you're a swashbuckler you can't get this bitchin' hat.

Hushed
Registered Member

Reply With Quote   #6

Thanks for all the ideas.

We actually with with a Bruiser/Defiler combo on Oasis. I played through assassin, brigand, and swashbucker to 10 and was not happy with any of them.