TheSafehouse

Can anyone tell me how to center my sig? - Wix

Safehouse Forums

Safehouse Site Info

The end is nigh

FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Ackar
Veteran

Warner Bros. starting work on live action Bleach movie...
Reply With Quote   #1

Warner Bros. Sets Out 'Bleach' Movie With 'Wrath of the Titans' Scribe Penning the Script

While it has put the development of "Akira" on a hold, Warner Bros. Pictures reportedly moves forward with a new Japanese manga-adapted movie. According to Variety, the studio has acquired the live-action feature rights to Tite Kubo's famous comic and anime property, "Bleach".

Warners has already tapped "Wrath of the Titans" screenwriter Dan Mazeau to provide the script. Serving as the producer for the upcoming project is "50 First Dates" director Peter Segal, who is also poised to tackle the helming duty.

"I've always been a huge fan of 'Bleach' and have great respect for its creator Kubo and the truly original and amazing world he has created in this manga," so said Segal of the comics, which have been sold more than 75 million print copies in Japan alone.

"Bleach" follows Ichigo Kurosaki, a 15-year-old teenager who has an ability to see ghosts. He then meets a female Soul Reaper, a member of an order that excorts the souls of the dead. A fight with an evil spirit causes the Reaper to transfer all her power to Ichigo, leaving her stranded in the human world as the boy takes over her job as an evil fighter.

In the meantime, Warners' other manga-adapted movie "Akira" has been temporarily put on pause due to budgetary and script issue. The Leonardo DiCaprio-produced film has already hired Jaume Collet-Serra as the helmer with Garrett Hedlund and Gary Oldman being attached to the cast ensemble.

likenew
Veteran

Re: Warner Bros. starting work on live action Bleach movie...
Reply With Quote   #2

Ackar said:
"I've always been a huge fan of 'Bleach' and have great respect for its creator Kubo and the truly original and amazing world he has created in this manga," so said Segal of the comics, which have been sold more than 75 million print copies in Japan alone."

I read that, but I see "I've never heard of 'Bleach' before, or its creator Kubo whats his name. I don't know what a manga is either, but it probably isn't very original. What did you say? 75 million copies sold?! I'm in!"

likenew shinycoins of cazic thule

My first blog
Lenilya
Veteran

Re: Warner Bros. starting work on laive action Bleach movie...
Reply With Quote   #3

It's gonna be like the ****ing Dragonball movie.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
"You are not alone, and you are not strange.
You are you, and everyone has damage. Be the better person."
Tivia
Weird Store
Snack Pervert

Reply With Quote   #4

Live action anime is usually god awful...

I will pass.

"Check out my youtube channel. Featuring League of Legends, FFXIV:ARR, gameplay and commentary."
DarthEnderX
Count Monster-rod
Von Hugenstein

Reply With Quote   #5

Just in time for the cancellation of the anime too!

likenew
Veteran

Reply With Quote   #6

The current ark still feels like filler to me, same for naruto. Does this mean I've seen too much filler?

Tivia
Weird Store
Snack Pervert

Reply With Quote   #7

likenew said:
The current ark still feels like filler to me, same for naruto. Does this mean I've seen too much filler?
That or the writing has gotten so abysmal that filler is just as good/bad..

Toprem
v. Resident Grammarian

Reply With Quote   #8

DarthEnder said:
Just in time for the cancellation of the anime too!
Huh, had to look it up to see if you were serious. Meh, been DLing it but havent watched it since the overall arc of the series ended, guess I should put up with it and finally watch all this stuff (currently going through Naruto filler to catch up now that the filler is over).

Master Tailor Toprem Spaztastic, level 75 Drizzlecaller of Karana. Member of Clan Ta Veren

#1 Druid on Prexus.