TheSafehouse

The secret source of humor is not joy but sorrow; there is no humor in heaven. - Mark Twain

Safehouse Forums

Safehouse Site Info

The end is nigh

FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Nos
Registered Member

FG Ground Spawn
Reply With Quote   #1

I have looked and looked and looked in FG for the Green polygon ground spawn and have come up with nada, zilch, zero so far.

I would like, if possible, people to include spawn locs in this thread where they have found the item as I understand it may be in multiple places.

I am sure many people are in the same boat as me.

Nosredna Ssor
CT Server

Liiono Shadowclaww
Registered Member

re: FG Ground Spawn
Reply With Quote   #2

not sure if this helps any, but in roguehunt last night, people were saying to use the overhead view to help spot it.

Liiono

Talzar
Registered Member

Reply With Quote   #3

I found mine in the center of the tunnel that leads out of the town. I'll try to get a /loc before I log.

Tillaini
Registered Member

Reply With Quote   #4

i tried to keep track of reported spawn locations from roguehunt for about a day before going after mine. common spots with no exact location given were top of the first wall, under the bridge to TS, in front of the door to the bank, on the road to the city, and in the shik'nar caves. i think that covers most of the zone. exact spawn locations reported were:

2286, 1384, -304
-1698, -897
2056, 2001
-1110, -649
1110, 1538
1376, 958
-1125, -613

the last location is where i got mine from.

Eleena Transient
Registered Member

Reply With Quote   #5

There was one under the world on Terris today as reported by a person wth 'special' track. The Z loc was -32000, was behind a building in the village area.

Rasper Helpdesk of Rathe (via Prexus via Terris Thule)
My guides
buddha911
Registered Member

Reply With Quote   #6

I just picked up mine in between the feet of the guard at the top of the tower, just past the 2nd archway into the zone. Near the building with the lake underneath it.

fook FG. this zone sucked. easily 14 hours in here over the course of the past 3 days.

/rude

Towner
Registered Member

Reply With Quote   #7

I got mine North of the BIG lake in the center of the zone map...a bit west of the Froglok NPC (DB con to lvl 68)

Kayla
Registered Member

Reply With Quote   #8

I found mine on the roof of the first building on the right upon zoning in from Echo Caverns.

talons_skeezix
Registered Member

Reply With Quote   #9

Is there a Spawn time on these? been looking around grove for 3days, i have all the listed Locs marks on my Map but as of yet no luck. i run the map for hours at a time not finding it

Finneus
Registered Member

Reply With Quote   #10

2204, 1320 over the Shik'nar cave entrance.

Platt
Registered Member

Reply With Quote   #11

Same thing on Fennin. -32000. Booooo.

westleey
Registered Member

Reply With Quote   #12

Does anyone know the Timer on the Spawn of the Vegetation.

Kraun
Veteran

Reply With Quote   #13

The current rumor is 2 hours, like all the other ground spawns. I caught this in serverwide.roguehunt the other night:

[Thu Sep 30 06:13:05 2004] veeshan.Prathun tells serverwide.roguehunt:1, 'leaf = will look at it, same spawn rate as the other ground spawns, except it's in multiple locations'
There might be some hope for all of you who haven't found the leaf yet.

Silvorn
Registered Member

Reply With Quote   #14

I can tell you the ground spawn in TOFS sure sin't a 2 hour timer. MAYBE an hour

QuentisLocksmythe
Registered Member

Reply With Quote   #15

So FG was patched and this is suupposed to be working now? I combed the zone today (3rd search session) and no luck.

Dubb
Registered Member

Reply With Quote   #16

About 16 hours now searching every inch of Fungus Grove in 2-3 hour sessions. I wish we could do 2.0 without doing this garbage first. I'm sure by the time I find the vegetation, I'll have already replaced my JTB anyway.

InvisiBill
Veteran

Reply With Quote   #17

http://eq.invisibill.net/fungusgrove_2.txt has the locs listed in this thread. I'll update as people post more. The one with the question mark is "in front of the bank", though I'm not sure if that's exactly right. I also went to each loc and got the z-coordinates for them. The only one that could be wrong is either in the tunnel to the northwest area (with the TS portal and the shik nar pyramid thingy) or in the east tunnel down in the shik nar caves. That was the only loc that had two possible locations depending on z-axis.

Keep posting locs and I'll keep that updated.

Invisibill | Gilneas
Invissibill & Llibisivni | Blackhand
Invissibill & Llibisivni | Cazic-Thule
Aruun72
Registered Member

Reply With Quote   #18

Your n1320 & n1384 are probably the same spawn point, just standing on opposite sides of it. Same is probably true for your p613 & p649. Might consider combining them to make one point instead of 2 individual points on your map.

Profuse
Registered Member

Reply With Quote   #19

I've also had no success with this elusive ground spawn. I've scoured FG for the last four days with no luck. I've hit all the locs and have also done inch by inch sweeps of this zone. Needless to say, I hate the color green now, and hopefully by the graces of the higher powers that govern spawn times and locs, i'll have mine.

When the dust settles and your blood is dripping from my blade...you will know that our friendship was only a means to an end.
Zamiam
Registered Member

Reply With Quote   #20

Finally after my brain feels like . A necro found my spawn. Loc p410, p293 by a fern

maximoC
Registered Member

Reply With Quote   #21

Man, talk about finding a needle in haystack !!

There is no rhyme or reason to this step. At least have it spawn near shrooms or vegetation, but a random spawn anywhere in zone is like grating my nails on a chalkboard.

felinity
Registered Member

Reply With Quote   #22

this part sucks all the fun out of the whole epic quest

StabbityMcStab
Registered Member

Reply With Quote   #23

Agreed. I've spent around 16 hours in FG now, still no freaking Shapely Vegetation. Last night I arrived as another rogue was leaving with his SV. I spent the next hour farting around and the following 3 hours scouring the zone and it didn't show up anywhere.

This step of our epic is a poster child for $howEQ.

Hideand
Registered Member

Reply With Quote   #24

up to 20+ hours now, and as the previous poster sai this is the poster child for show EQ, dont really wanne waste anymore time in there looking for some 10x10 green pixel in a green zone.

InvisiBill
Veteran

Re: re: FG Ground Spawn
Reply With Quote   #25

Aruun72 said:
Your n1320 & n1384 are probably the same spawn point, just standing on opposite sides of it. Same is probably true for your p613 & p649. Might consider combining them to make one point instead of 2 individual points on your map.
Averaged both of those out, so it's now one point in the middle of each pair. Also added Zamiam's loc and a guildmate's.

maximoC said:
Man, talk about finding a needle in haystack !!

There is no rhyme or reason to this step. At least have it spawn near shrooms or vegetation, but a random spawn anywhere in zone is like grating my nails on a chalkboard.
Prathun said something about multiple spawnpoints. I'm wondering if it's totally random, or if it's just that it can spawn in one of 25 (or however many) different points. I know that 25 possible spawnpoints isn't much better than totally random, but if we can find and map all 25, then it should be a whole lot easier.

I noticed that the picture of what the spawn looks like showed it next to a fern. Zamiam said his was by a fern. My guildmate said his was inside a fern, so much that he's surprised he even saw it. Obviously the spawns on the tower and the arches don't fit this, but perhaps there's a fern on the ground below them? I know it's not extremely helpful in a zone like FG, and I don't want to get people set on doing something that may not be correct, but maybe these really are spawning near ferns?

Profuse
Registered Member

Reply With Quote   #26

This is seriously getting ridiculous. After 20+ hour of looking I finally spotted it. Ran up to it to loot it (it was actually on a branch of one of those other plants that have the leaves at the top. You could barely see it because it looked like it was part of the plant) and it freakin POOFED!!!! I stood there in terror clicking the stupid bush trying to make it come back. One second it was there and the next second....bye bye. This can only mean one thing. These little bastages despawn. I then proceeded to scour the zone for several more hours...no luck. Doesn't seem to be at any particular loc, doesn't seem to respawn in 2 hours...or if it did I was too crosseyed by that time to see it. This is just stupid. It's been a huge bottle neck for my progress. I have everything else for shaky except this piece. All tradeskills done etc. I HATE THIS LEAF.

*note: i saw it in the caller quest area in that clearing between the three caves. That circular area. It was on one of those shrubs before it vanished and laughed at my shattered hopes of getting passed this completely unnecessary portion of the epic. kk. thanks.. bye

dugannw
Veteran

Reply With Quote   #27

Not sure if it despawns, however I will say when I was looking I found several of the plants looked like they were partially underground and the tip of the fern was sticking out from it, (from never seeing it before) it kinda looked like it could be the leaf (my wife was also helping me look and was fooled also), but it wasnt. When I found the real thing, it was definitely darker green and did not look like part of the fern (mine was also hidden well near/under a fern.

[75 Shadowblade (Rogue)] Snow (Barbarian) <Diligence> ZONE: The Seventh Hammer
Pokenm
Registered Member

Reply With Quote   #28

As I stated in another post Prathun said in the epic channel that there were only 10 spawn points. After that the person who did the leaf part of the quest went back in and looked at it due to a request from Prathun. I think when this person went in and looked they found the leaf was spawning under world as many ppl experianced. I think at this point the person decided to move all the spawn points. Perhaps putting them all by ferns as they already had the proper Z access for these spots to make sure the leaf didnt appear underground. I found mine close to a wall near a lotus plant and right next to a fern like many others in the same middle section of the main area. I think we may need to throw out the old locations we have and start collecting the new ones that people are reporting. I will post 3 confirmed locations from where 2 friends of mine got theres while i was in zone and called me over to map it and the 1 where I got mine. I will edit this post and add those locations later.

edit: PS all 3 of these locations mine and my 2 friends were all right next to or even underneath a fern.

Pokenm
Fubbik
Registered Member

Reply With Quote   #29

Spawn is around an hour (or less). I got my leaf yesterday and roughly an hour later my guildmate goes there and runs into a leaf on the path through the village, not far from zonein.

Really stupid groundspawn though, designer can't be too proud of this part....

/Fubbik
Caer Cadarn-Vazaelle

Catweazel
Veteran

Reply With Quote   #30

Found at neg341 neg273 resting on the lower leaves of a fern.

Cat

Profuse
Registered Member

Reply With Quote   #31

unless that spawn z axis change happened late last night (Oct. 5 @ 10pm PST) I don't think the locations have changed. That's when I found my piece and it disappeared. /sigh

felinity
Registered Member

Reply With Quote   #32

GM respawned the zone after a petition (he said in the ticket that the spawn was indeed missing) ... same loc as 2 posts above.

Flooznie
Registered Member

Reply With Quote   #33

Found this stupid leaf last night. Everyone kept telling me to look at ferns to find it. It was NOT on a fern. It was in the east cave with the 3 dead ends, on a shrub, on the stem, so it looked like part of the shrub. If I didn't know exactly where the loc was (friend came by with special track), I NEVER would have found that. This is entirely retarded. After I found that spawn, the rest of Shady's Quest went smoothly for some strange reason.

Flooznie Sofakingdeadly
Nemesis

Torninn
Registered Member

Reply With Quote   #34

Pokenm said:
I found mine close to a wall near a lotus plant and right next to a fern like many others in the same middle section of the main area.
This is where I found mine.

Torninn
moonbeach
Registered Member

Reply With Quote   #35

Just got mine at loc N454, N258 next to a plant ( not a fern ) it was really obvious too, or at least mine was. :D

Moonbeach Darkheart
Grey Hawke--Karana
Pure figment of your fantasies
NichweeVS
Registered Member

Reply With Quote   #36

Found mine in the exact same spot as Flooznie desribed. On the stem of a weedy plant.

Loc was 210, -1148.

Ta for all the info given here. Would have been impossible without it )

Original artwork by J.Waller of www.wtfcomics.com
Nichwee : Lvl 70 Rogue
New Dawn Ascended
AB Server (Ex Venril Sathir)
Pinks
Registered Member

Reply With Quote   #37

p301, n461, n259 just picked it up, found it by pure luck. Base of a weedy plant, was pretty obvious.

Profuse
Registered Member

Reply With Quote   #38

Must go shower/shave/eat/and sleep now. Finally found it after 6 days of searching.

Bwinxy
Registered Member

Reply With Quote   #39

20,200 next to a fern

Holla back
VoltaiAusra
Registered Member

Reply With Quote   #40

220, -1150
right on the plant
Stupid green diamond you can tell didn't belong there!

Not sure if it's concidence or not but enc page was picked up ten minutes prior

Zek Rogue and Proud of It!
PvP For Life!
Blue Servers Be Damned!
Bwinxy
Registered Member

Reply With Quote   #41

Not sure if it's concidence or not but enc page was picked up ten minutes prior
I think there's something to that.. same thing when I found mine.

goldenrogue
Registered Member

Reply With Quote   #42

thx pinks pos 301 , neg 461 got mine in 20 minutes

jenadil
Registered Member

Reply With Quote   #43

Thanks to all the people looking for this thing and reporting the /loc, I was able to find mine at 220 -1150 on a fern looking plant

Erky
Registered Member

Reply With Quote   #44

All this talk about the enchanter page being picked up seems to be right, at least to me. I spent about 2 hours looking for the drop today, then came back here to see if any new /locs were posted, and saw the enchanter page thing. Went back to game, picked up the chanter drop, sure enough...15 minutes later I had my drop. Maybe it's not the most scientific of deductions, but it seems to be working for people. I recommend trying it.

Babnik
Registered Member

Reply With Quote   #45

Just picked it up at 299.90, -465.19. Was laying on ground next to a bean pod looking plant. I do suggest turning the gamma down during the search as it made it stick out a bit more.

ghir
Registered Member

Reply With Quote   #46

Couple things.. a friend was using "advaned" track to help me with this as I was tired of looking for over 10 hours..

The Enc page and the vegitation seem to be mutually exclusive. Our spawn wasn't up, but once the page was picked up the other did spawn, and near instantly.

Also, if you look at the weed-type plants instead of the ferns, the spawn is actually a bit off the ground, embedded into the stem itself making it VERY difficult to see even with gamma lower etc (and knowing right where to look). No fun.

So my advice, if only a repeat: Turn down gama (this does help a good bit) and loot the page if you see it (sorry enc's). Get someone with advanced track to help you if all else fails.. After 12+ hours of staring at the ground in FG I find it tough to feel bad about it.

Ghir
Nemesis of Prexus
Tinyrake
Registered Member

Reply With Quote   #47

The green diamond stands out a lot from the plants. Just wander around in SoS mode and look at every plant (it doesn't take as long as you think). You'll find it.

Stormseye
Registered Member

Reply With Quote   #48

Word,

NichweeVS said:
Found mine in the exact same spot as Flooznie desribed. On the stem of a weedy plant.

Loc was 210, -1148.

Ta for all the info given here. Would have been impossible without it )
Found mine last night across from this plant on another NON-fern 209, -1156 (very easy to see, sticks out pretty well). I would think this would be the best place to check regularly if you only have a short time to scan the zone. Its most likely gonna be in one of the three dead-end tunnels in the east part of the zone if its up. I checked the same area two days ago and found nothing but guess my timing was on last night. Good luck guys. Now if Thunderclap will quit eating me...

word out

Arionex Stormseye

Raging Fury
Virtus Junxit Mors Non Separabit
Aviennda
Registered Member

Reply With Quote   #49

Found mine last night. The tip to turn down your gamma correction was a good one; it really did help to make it more visible. I found mine on the ground next to a fern in a loc that several other confirmed. It was like others had said: a green diamond that when I saw it, I KNEW I'd found it. I'd add loc, but I'm at work. Just turn down gamma, run around SoS and look at all the plants like a deranged rogue gardener.

- Aviennda
67th rogue of Saryrn
Dragonchow
Anonymouse
Registered Member

Reply With Quote   #50

+400 -200 near 2 deep cavern lotus's i have looked and 5 ppl have found one there