Are you kidding, it's the beginning of the Apocalypse!!!!
* Sox over come a 3 game deficit in the ALDS and now lead the WS 3-0, Babe's number in Beantown was #3
* Manny Ramirez (#24) busts open a kids mouth in the regular season with a foul ball into the stands... the kid lives in Babe Ruth's old Boston home.
* David Ortiz (#34) pounds clutch homeruns vs the Yankees to win the ALDS
* 2 Clutch homeruns off of the notorious "Pesky Pole" in right field by Mark Bellhorn put the Sox in the World Series.
* 58 (24 + 34!) years ago in 1946- Cardinals vs Red Sox World Series- Johnny Pesky blows the lead to give the Cards the pennant.
* 100th World Series Cardinals vs. Red Sox Game 4 Sox lead series 3-0
* 86 year old curse.
* In 1986, 18 (Johnny Damon #18) years to the day, the Mets took the pennant from the Sox.
* The Blood Moon rises this year on Wednesday, Oct. 27th at 9:15 EST . At first it will seem pale and cold, as usual. And then ... blood red. The elevation of the moon will be visible by anyone in Busch Stadium as game 4 is played. The eclipse totality ends at approx. 11:45 which is right around the 9th inning.
It's official, the world is coming to an end. I'll be under the bed.
I'll have my telescope out for between innings anyway, I'm going to try to catch some video footage if the weather cooperates up my way. The elevation of the moon right now is perfectly viewed off of my back deck.
my boss (who happens to be from Maryland, so no inborn Yankee bias) says that it would be bad for Boston to get rid of "the Curse of the Bambino" because then they will just be another team with no notoriety - that 'the Curse' is what people know them by... not sure how true that will be when they beat St. Louis for the pennant.