TheSafehouse

"Yes but does she gobble balls all day because she wants to and it's her own bold embracing of her feminine side and the whole thing may be a post-modernistic performance art questioning the role of women in a sexually objectifying male dominated world or is she doing it because she's been pressured into believing she needs to do so to be accepted as a woman by a patriarchal tyranny of sexual objectification? Clearly if it is the former you are only attempting to marginalize this great feminine icon to reduce the threat of her soft rational feminine side to your aggressive penis ruled masculine dominance due to sexual intimidation and fear of inadequacies when faced with a strong woman reclaiming her sexuality." -Koru

Safehouse Forums

Safehouse Site Info

The end is nigh

FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

klepptoe
Registered Member

Epic 2.0 short and complete
Reply With Quote   #1

Llabak's note - the original 2.0 Fresh Start thread, which includes all the lore courtesy of the trailblazers, has been moved to the Library in read-only format. Once again, kudos to the rogue community for pulling together and sharing infos to get this puppy solved.

Epic 2.0 - short and sweet: Details w/o NPC text
ALL this info came from post here, I simply organized it.

Nedaria's Landing
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You say, 'Hail, Lirprin, Head of Affairs'

Now you have opened the 4 "spy" task. These can be done in any order.

Gulf of Gunthak (Lairyn Debeian)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Lairyn Spawns in the Gulf of Gunthak in the 2nd hut behind the big lighthouse.

2 groups (mainly because you need the bodies to keep the shadowmen off him, but it can be done with 1)

You say, 'Hail, Lairyn Debeian'
You say, 'Liprin sent me'

Lairyn proceeds to run to the beach. He stands too the side of the big rock in the middle of the beach. (neg 490 by neg 320). Lairyn shouts a few zonewide emotes about the shadows coming to get him. This is your time to find him and set up very quicly.

There are 4 waves of 3 shadowmen that you have to keep from killing Lairyn.

There were 3 types of shadowmen. The Assassins were mezzable, but the Thugs and Enforcers were not mezzable. The first wave had 1 Thug and 2 Assassins for me. By the last wave they were all unmezzable. I'm not sure if it's random or if it's intentional to progress to more thugs/enforcers.

Most shadowmen drop healing potions that should be given to Lairyn to help keep him alive.
The 5th "wave" is Krill the Backbleeder. Lvl 73 shadowman.

Wave mobs hit for 600-800ish max, non mezzable
Krill the Blackbleeder hits for 1000-1600ish

Kill him
Loot a Bloodied Torn Parchment.
Loot a Krill's Head.

Give Krill's head to Lairyn.
You have confirmed Lairyn's innocence.

Iceclad Ocean (Longarm Larithim)
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Find Longarm Larithim in the Pirate Camp

This is a 4+ group raid, 6+ would be better.

You say, 'liprin sent me'
You say, 'hear the tale'
You say, 'what happened then'

Received a 4 slot air-tight strongbox.
Spawns a lvl 80 Polar Kraken directly south of Larithim. p2850 by p760

Polar Kraken

the Kraken is semi-leashed. You have to fight underwater (the water elemental illusion is useful if u can get it, but not necessary). I've found it's best to have everyone stand on the ground at bottom of sea. Gather on the tank so that when adds come, they are all comming to same place. Adds can be fairly resistant and hit hard - most times they take out half the chanty's on first wave. Our enchanters tell me that standing on the bottom of sea, and using the farthest camera angle helps them with the targeting of adds. The rampage is single target i believe. And the AEs can be resisted - i used Infusion of the faithful, and i only seemed to get blinded once or twice. This fight is all about handline the adds.

here's some info on the AEs

Procs:
Squid's Ink
1: Decrease HP when cast by 1500
2: Blindness(-1)
Chromatic [Lowest] -350

AE Snare at 50% health = Binding Tentacle
1: Decrease HP when cast by 2500
2: Decrease Movement by 30%
Prismatic [Average] -320

Hits for Quad 2k
AE Rampage for 500ish
Single Target DD proc 2275
He has a very small tether range so you must fight him underwater.

Spawns adds 4 at a time, they are mezzable. They despawn after about 1 min. Spawns are timed? or % based?

Loot the Polar Kraken and combine in the box given.
Chest spawns

Return it to Longarm Larithim and recieve:
Strongbox Half Full of Velixite

Nedaria's Landing (Durgin Skell)
Form up your raid and have them in Everfrost.

You go to Nedaria's Landing and talk to Liprin. (use the magus)

You say, 'some foolish expedition'

This starts the expedition in Everfrost.

36 max. Can be done with 24 but more makes it easier.

This starts the expedition.

There are See SoS spiders so you can not scout.
Make sure YOU, nobody else, talks to Durgin. There could be some invis flags.

Upon zone in a couple spiders will rush your group. They hit about as hard as hard ldon/mpg mobs. Trash hits for 900 slowable/mezable.

After the spiders, you move out through the first hall and Trigger an Event.

Step 1

Hordes of goblins.

The object here is to kill the horde leaders.

When you move out of the first room a goblin will run off down the left side. DONT GIVE CHASE. This goblin will spawn the ring event.

2 horde leaders pop and you start getting zurged by little green goblins.

IGNORE THEM.

Find the horde leaders and kill them asap. Keep in mind you cant leave the area's or you will be ported out because the goblin horde successfully "repelled" you.

You can rush and engage the leaders or fight your way to them. Once there, burn them down asap and as soon as you get them dead the goblin horde will stop rushing you and retreat. (Depop)

Option 1, just start clearing south, then east, then south again, killing all the blue mobs and ignoring the greens. If you take too long you all get zone banished, just zone back and continue to clear.

Option 2, Split your raid up EVENLY into 2 teams. (That means tanks mez's slows dps and heals evenly spread) Call them Team A/B.

Once the raidleaders are dead it isnt over, You must kill all the spiders if you had to train there.

Next you plow to Durgin Skell, Hail him and follow the prompts he will give you his story of how his adventuring party has been slain, And he wants you to perform 4 tasks for him. The tasks are their own mini event.

You say, Hail Durgin Skell.

Task 1: The blobs.
In the room past Durgin there is the blob. There is also alot of adds in the surrounding rooms. Pull and kill them first, then start on the Blob

Stats on the blobs:
They hit for ~1500 and can flurry. All are mezzable.
When you kill the first he splits into 4 other mobs
Each of those mobs can split into 4 and each of those mobs can split into 4.
Handle this like you do the fire mephits in PoTime phase1.

After the final sludge is killed you get this message.

One of the four tasks has been completed

Task 2: The Skeletons.
The 4 skeletons must be killed at the same time so Remove all damage shields
The skeletons are called "A chromatic skeleton or An Icy Skeleton" they hit for ~1100.
Pull them and get them in a corner with 4 knights on them. Beat them down one by one until they are all RED. Then beat the red ones down to 1% and have your wizards blast them with a PB-AE.

Two of the four tasks has been completed

Task 3: Marrow the Broken
Straight forward fight. He hits for 1800, Rampages and has a AE.
He spawns adds. kill the adds as they spawn, and you should be ok.

Three of the four tasks has been completed

Check your progress with durgin at this point to make sure it looks like this.

Ah, you found a way to put the chromatic skeletons to permanent rest. Your ingenuity never ceases to amaze me.
From the bits of dust and bone on your armor I can tell you have successfully handled Miragul's splintering bone golem.
Well now . . . I see you have destroyed the splitting sludge. Quite an annoying pest, isn't it?

Task 4: Protects Durgin's love.
This is a unique encounter, Because you can fail it and still Accomplish the task.

You should be the one to Hail, her warder.

You enter the room kill all adds and have everyone spread out about the room. You hail her warder mobs pop and try to defile Sharalla's corpse, Dont let them!

All four tasks have been completed.

You should return to Durgin and inform him of your success.
Telling durgin your progress and the boss spawns.

Your expedition is nearing its close. You cannot bring any additional people into your expedition at this time.

Boss:

Laskuth the Colossus:
Located down the North passage: 2k hitter, he is on Ice with a pit area behind him so watch yourself. Levi or DMF or fight from the snow.

He has a proc targeted on Tank thats a Banish, Have your tanks fight for agro. The banish is not far just have people run back
He also Reflects spells 25% of the time. (Crystal Shield).
A AE's Ice Rain. The ae is only negative 150 and should be resisted or partialed.

Kill him
Loot his note

Return it to Durgin

You say, 'Lirprin sent me'
You have confirmed Durgin's innocence.

Spawns a chest where Durgin was.

Bloodfields (Keetra the Lost)
There are 2 ways to do this event, triggered and spawned.

This can be donw with 1 group with a lot of healing, or just take 2-3 groups.

Check the cave that leads to RCoD for "a reclusive girplan" (1750, 55) approx spawn loc.
It hits for 1k'sh and AE gflux 1500. Killing him will start a ring event

Once you kill this girplan another will spawn in another cave in the zone, so have a tracker with you.
Possible spawn loc's:
SW p100, p1000
NW near zone in on top of the castle gate, p1370, neg460 is entrance to cave he spawns inside
p1750, p55 (RCoD Cave)
NE neg 15 neg 1150 (this is where the named will spawn also)

After killing 3 or 4 Reclusive Girplan's a named will spawn in the NE Cave:

The untriggered version is Myrhee the Flightyty. Level 75. Hits for 1600ish, has super regeneration and a AE DD/knockback AE. He will memblur himself as well. He has a very short despawn time (under 5 min) so you need to engage him fast.

The triggered named is Rolthee Roundbelly. not as hard, but has the same AE. He will memblur himself as well

Bring about 2-3 groups for this to be safe.

After killing the named Keetra the Lost pops in the back of the cave.

You say, 'Liprin sent me'
she will give you a flag and despawn

Spawns a chest

If "a reclusive girplan" is not up, you can trigger him by turning in 4 pieces to Caller Donivin. (neg 570 neg 1145)

4 drops: random from Bloodfield mobs.
~Bucket Mute
~Brass Mouthpiece
~Thin leader Strap
~Polished Bone Horn

any mob carrying one of these items will have a lightsource making them glow lightly

Nedaria's Landing
The following can only be done after proving all the others but Wren Simsy innocent.

You say, 'Hail, Lirprin, Head of Affairs'
This opens up the Wren fight.

Ruined City of Dranik (Wren Simsy)
This fight can only be done with FOUR PEOPLE.

If you bring anymore (group or raid) it will spawn a ARMY of shadowmen (50+). There MAY be an option to have only 4 in the rogues group and have a totally seperate force help from outside. To make this work, im sure the rogues group MUST get the kill(exp) for Wrens death. This option has not been tried to my knowledge.

The member Lirprin references to is in the Ruined City of Dranik, Behind the Bridge Keeper before you go into the

back left tunnels looking at a map, His name is Daignal the Revered.

You say, 'Hail, Daignal the Revered

You say, 'What crime?'

You say, 'An assassin plans on killing you Daignal'

After he gives his little speach, Wren who is a shadowman wielding a fatestealer pops, and assassinates him while

you can do nothing but watch.
Daignal the Revered cries out in pain.

Wren Simsy:
Quads 2200
Has 2 summoned shadowed assassin's from the gunthak encounter. They hit for 1500 FAST.

This is a very tough encounter, You can not use more than 4 people, or like Lirprin said you will tip Wren off to your coming and she will have an army there as soon as she kills Daignal.

This is a pretty strait forward fight bring the best cleric enchanter and warrior you know and best of luck to you.

There have been reports of the adds warping when Wren is pulled, so be careful.

Loot "Wren's Fatestealer"

Nedaria's Landing
You say, 'Hail, Smith Dandi'

you recieve a message, and get flagged to loot "A Globe of Discordant Energy" from anguish.

Your progress report from smith dandi should look like this.

Smith Dandi wipes her sooty hands on her apron and smiles at you. 'So, it looks as if you'll need the services of Smith Dandi once again. I was hoping you'd stop by soon so we could talk. Fantastic work clearing the names of those innocent Wayfarers. I knew them all personally and they weren't bad folk. It's a shame Lirprin can be so quick to judge. Now, something tells me you're looking to get that blade of yours improved.

Let's see if you have what we need. . .'
From the freezing depths of Iceclad, you have recovered a lump of Velixite alloy.
You have slain Wren Simsy and recovered her blade, which courses with discordant energy.
Smith Dandi is unable to duplicate the enchantments on Wren's weapon without a source of discordant energy.

Anguish
Loot "A Globe of Discordant Energy"

Nedaria's Landing
Return to Smith Dandi and Hail her, it should look like this

You say, 'Hail, Smith Dandi'

Smith Dandi wipes her sooty hands on her apron and smiles at you. 'So, it looks as if you'll need the services of Smith Dandi once again. I was hoping you'd stop by soon so we could talk. Fantastic work clearing the names of those innocent Wayfarers. I knew them all personally and they weren't bad folk. It's a shame Lirprin can be so quick to judge. Now, something tells me you're looking to get that blade of yours improved.

Let's see if you have what we need. . .'
From the freezing depths of Iceclad, you have recovered a lump of Velixite alloy.
You have slain Wren Simsy and recovered her blade, which courses with discordant energy.
From the deadly realm of Mata Muram himself, you have recovered a source of discordant energy.
Smith Dandi says 'Seems you're all ready to craft the blade. We'll need the Velixite alloy, the weapon I crafted for you last time, an example of someone else's weapon that I can use for a reference, and a source of pure discordant energy. Show those items to Lirprin and we'll get started!'

-Go to Lirprin hand him, The Globe, your Fatestealer, Wren's Fatestealer, and the Velixite Alloy.

CONGRATS, you are DONE.

Last edited by klepptoe; 04-24-06 at 03:48 PM.
Llabak Tharr
Administrator

re: Epic 2.0 short and complete
Reply With Quote   #2

Rock on, my brother.

Registered Member

Reply With Quote   #3

Upon zone in about 10 mobs will rush your group.
Trash hits for 900 slowable/mezable. They are spiders. Recommended way of dealing with this: Cleric with DB up zones in gets agro then calls the raid to zone in if DB wears off use Bestow DA, It is instant cast time.
There are 2-7*darkblue mobs about as hard as hard ldon/mpg mobs, no need to for anyone to divine to train in or anything

Step 1
Split your raid up EVENLY into 2 teams. (That means tanks mez's slows dps and heals evenly spread) Call them Team A/B. When you move out of the first room a goblin will run off down the left side.

DONT GIVE CHASE. This goblin will spawn the ring event.

2 "zurg" leaders pop and you start getting zurg'inated by little green goblins.

IGNORE THEM.

Team A goes left and team B straight. Find the raid leaders and kill them asap. Keep in mind you cant leave the area's or you will be ported out because the goblin horde successfully zurged you.

Recommended Strat for this. Have a pally/sk in each Team lead the train to the zurg leaders with harmshield/da up.
no need to split anyone up, just start clearing south, then east, then south again killing all the blue mobs and ignoring the greens. If you take too long you all get zone banished, just zone back and continue to clear.

In the room past Durgin there is the blob. There is also alot of adds in the surrounding rooms. DONT AGRO THE SURROUNDING ROOMS. Have a warrior rush with fortitude and engage the Blob in the middle of the room then have everyone else run in. Use knights/other war's to peel the mobs off the Tank. Make sure to kill the Adds first.
just pull all the trash out and kill it first

He has a proc targeted on Tank thats a Banish, Have your tanks fight for agro.
the banish is not far just have people run back

Spawns a chest(?)
yes that spawns a chest[/quote]

edited * "couple" is perfect

Bjart the Emancipator <Triton>
Nemesis of Povar
Dubb
Registered Member

Reply With Quote   #4

When I killed Polar Kraken, all adds (kraklings) were mezzable, and there were 12 of them up by the time it died.

Rarrob
Registered Member

Reply With Quote   #5

Just to clarify a few things:

In the Gunthak event - Assassins are mezzable and there are 4 waves of 4 mobs each with Krill being solo on the 5th wave.

Iceclad event - this would be insanely hard with only 4 groups. You should bring 36+ for this.

Everfrost - ditto what Bjart said. This event is doable with 24. When fighting the Colossus, you can either just give everyone lev or just melee from the snow to avoid sliding around the ice the whole fight.

Bloodfields - been single grouped. While it's not easy, it can be done. Myrhee will memblur himself as well, so just bring enough healers.

Wren - every person over 4 will spawn an additional 2 shadowman adds. This is why it is best to bring only 4, not that more can't participate, but you save yourself a HUGE headache this way.

klepptoe
Registered Member

Reply With Quote   #6

Still looking for info on Wren fight where the triggering rogue's group(no raid) is only 4 but there are other people close to help.

IE. 3 out of group healers waiting to heal as needed.

Dubb
Registered Member

Reply With Quote   #7

Also about Wren, I noticed something that will probably be helpful to rogues doing this, particularly if you're boxing. The adds will spawn and rush your group as soon as Wren realizes you are there. However, there's a brief delay (18-30 seconds) where Wren is not active but sort of acting out the script to assassinate Daignal... before rushing your group.

By keeping myself and my tank next to Daignal when I triggered Wren, I was able to spawn and pull the adds to our group right away and get them both mezzed, before Wren ever had a chance to finish off Daignal and come join the party. This should give your group a bigger margin for error.

A separate time doing this fight, we waited back in the corner until after Wren had killed Daignal, then pulled and wound up with Wren + both adds all rushing us at the same time. Easily beatable no matter which way you do it, but the only way I can honestly see a group failing this without any major goofs is if they pull all three at once.

I don't know the answer to your question specifically (sorry), but 1 cleric in the group of 4 should be more than enough for any group ready to complete an epic 2.0 anyway.

Befo
Registered Member

Reply With Quote   #8

*edit* saw answer in above post

Suzuka
Veteran

Reply With Quote   #9

edit: delete this post please

Last edited by Suzuka; 11-18-05 at 04:29 PM.
illogos
Registered Member

Reply With Quote   #10

Lairyn fight was 5 waves of 3 for me. Seems they were timed waves.

illogos
Registered Member

Re: Epic 2.0 short and complete
Reply With Quote   #11

klepptoe said:
There are 4 waves of 4 shadowmen that you have to keep from killing Lairyn.
They can be mezzed.
Most shadowmen drop healing potions that should be given to Lairyn to help keep him alive.
The 5th "wave" is Krill the Backbleeder. Lvl 73 shadowman.

Wave mobs hit for 600-800ish max, non mezzable
Krill the Blackbleeder hits for 1000-1600ish
Just another note on this fight: There were 3 types of shadowmen. The Assassins were mezzable, but the Thugs and Enforcers were not mezzable. The first wave had 1 Thug and 2 Assassins for me. By the last wave they were all unmezzable. I'm not sure if it's random or if it's intentional to progress to more thugs/enforcers. Easily 1 groupable though with a Qvic+ geared group.

illogos
Registered Member

Reply With Quote   #12

Some notes on the girplan event in Bloodfields:

We ran this with low numbers. 4 people 2 boxing the following: Cleric, Cleric, Enchanter, Druid, Rogue, Rogue, Bard, Warrior. We had full qvic gear on most of the characters and some Tacvi gear. Ended up as a wipe against Myrhee the Flighty at 9% because we lost one rogue at 35%. Mana was an issue towards the end, but if you get lucky with a jester filling up a healer or using the recovery veteran AA it should be fine. So, asked for some help and got him down before despawn with about an additional 5 characters(Wizard, Wizard, Necro, Ranger, Paladin).

It slows and cripples very easily. The main difficulty is in the memblur. Aggro is going to bounce around a LOT. If not for the bouncing it would have been trivial. It mostly stayed on the melee characters, but for very short time spans healers would get on HoTT. Also, the regen is pretty steep. This can cause problems with enrage if you are watching the % instead of looking for a message. People wanting to try to 1 group this should probably look at bringing 2 clerics, 1 warrior, 1 shaman, and 2 rogues.

Befo
Registered Member

Reply With Quote   #13

just attempted it... killed 5 reclusive girplans, when i though it was 3-4. Finally Myrhee spawned, rez a cleric and buffed up and it despawned in like 5 minutes... WTF is that

VoltaiAusra
Registered Member

Reply With Quote   #14

You have to engage the named girplan rather quickly, lost one in 4:30. Fortuneately he was the untriggered version so just handed in the trumpet deal and poped a new one. But it's quite annoying to say the least. Be fast about it

Zek Rogue and Proud of It!
PvP For Life!
Blue Servers Be Damned!
Stabeth
Registered Member

Reply With Quote   #15

What do ya do what the Bloodied Torn Parchment that ya loot from Krill? who do ya give it to and at what point in the epic process?

Befo
Registered Member

Reply With Quote   #16

Anyone know how many HPs the Polar Kraken has?

Stormseye
Registered Member

Reply With Quote   #17

Word,

Just a note of caution on the Bloodfields Girplan. Killed 5 reclusive and spawned Flighty..needles to say I didn't see it posted but it as timed. Named despawned as we ran into tunnel...nice to waste on hour of gettng people for that one.

word out

Arionex Stormseye

Raging Fury
Virtus Junxit Mors Non Separabit
§
likenew
Veteran

Reply With Quote   #18

forwarded post by Kokomoto, he asked me to post this for him since he can no longer post, he's very thankful:

Hello everyone,

I would like to personally thank Dalnoth and everyone that worked on
the walk through for epic 1.5/2.0. I recently achieved my 2.0 mainly
do to the hard work of the Safehouse Community and my Guild. And last
but not least, thank you Likenew for allowing me the chance to thank
all of you for your assistance.

Kokomoto Grr’Aarchistut
Catburglar of Silent Redemption
http://www.silentredemption.org /
Cazic Thule Server
http://www.brellrants.net/brell /

likenew shinycoins of cazic thule

My first blog
Stormseye
Registered Member

Reply With Quote   #19

Word,

Just curious if you fail the Durgen Skell LDON Mission how long till you can restart it?

word out

crazycd
Registered Member

Reply With Quote   #20

its a nice walkthrough for rogues~~~~thx bud~~~~

crazycd

70 Rog of 7hammer from ceq~~~~~

Last edited by crazycd; 10-07-05 at 02:40 AM.
Verucca
Registered Member

Reply With Quote   #21

Trying to muster up the motivation to hunker down and finish Nightshade!

Stormseye
Registered Member

Reply With Quote   #22

Word,

Well finished my last two fights last night and all I need now is an orb to finish. Just some notes on Durgin Skell and Wren: -

Durgin Skell - 36 Players CoA/Tacvi Geared Guild

Sent in tanks and healers first and was not met with any Goblins what-so-ever. The raid set up and we began clearing spiders expecting a rush of goblins. We cleared the first room on the never once saw "leader" goblins. The only time we had goblins inbound was when would pull trash. Not every mob saw through SoS. While clearing to the other tasks we pulled stationary goblins, cougars and wolves. Durgin Skell is off to the west of the center “square” room.

Skeletons: - Note you have kill them once before they repop RED. Then drop them to 1% and AE nuke. Also I wouldn’t split them up. We pulled other two back to camp and kept all 4 close together without any complications.

Marrow the Broken: - Just keep your main tank on him and assign a couple of knights to drop the adds he spawns. You get an emote when they spawn and they all have very little hit points. Easy fight aside from that.

Blobs: - Just ae mez and have two knights call and break mez. Kill one completely before starting anew blob.

Durgin’s Love: - Hailed her warder and mobs started popping kept seeing emote that they were defiling her remains but we kept killing and after a while task was completed and showed 4 of 4 done. Not sure if that’s intended or a bug.

Laskuth the Colossus: - Pretty easy fight Make sure all your plate classes tag for aggro before calling in assist fro DPS. Had 3 called tanks and all 3 got banished at least once not sure where in the zone but they ran back fast enough to re-engage before he started hitting on none plate classes. Buff cold resist and I resisted every AE he blasted.

Daignal the Revered: - This guy is a named Dragorn in the courtyard right behind the Bridgekeeper on the left side of the zone. There are a couple of Noqs and a pathing Kyv that you should clear before engaging. Spawned Wren and had her targeted before she killed Daignal. Warrior engaged and chanter had adds mezzed before they got in one attack. Funny thing after we downed Wren and were killing the second add Souldrainer decided to stop in and investigate. So the group got loot even though no chest LOL.

word out

dugannw
Veteran

Reply With Quote   #23

Funny thing after we downed Wren and were killing the second add Souldrainer decided to stop in and investigate. So the group got loot even though no chest LOL.
Wasnt so funny when I did mine , Souldrainer came from behind us right as the enchanter was attempting to mez the 2 shadowman adds and killed her, then the cleric and so on before we knew what was happening. Second attempt went much smoother since we were expecting the worst.

[75 Shadowblade (Rogue)] Snow (Barbarian) <Diligence> ZONE: The Seventh Hammer
Muvar
Registered Member

Reply With Quote   #24

JUst did the Wren fight.
The adds spawned under Wren, so wasn't any delay to CC them before Wren aggroed. Still wasn't a big deal though, chanter got one mezzed while they were beating on me and the tank (tank was Tacvi/MPG trials geared). They didn't hit me for more then 900s (I have fairly good gear and all defensives AAs except DoD but not that rogues get much mitigation help). The tank ran with defensive the whole fight, it dropped as we started on the first add. He said Wren was hitting him for 500s with defensive. Wren does flurry though, and it seemed to put a dent in the tanks HPs when she did. The chanter had several resists slowing Wren, so definately want to mezz adds first before slowing. She reported the add hitting her for 1k.
Clearing adds, DI and fight took less then 30 minutes all together, cleric ended with over 50m (i think she may have been sneaking in some nukes too since she was able to CH easily LOL)

Good luck and hope this helps someone prepare just a bit more

Bumadar
Registered Member

Reply With Quote   #25

Guntak fight: really to easy, not even a slower, 2 tanks, 2 clerics and some dps.

Bloodfields: sort of funny, started with 1st pop (darkblue) RCoD cave, 2nd pop (darkblue) in the small S/W cave, 3rd pop (darkblue) on the bridge where you port in, 4rd pop (darkblue) S/E just before the higher part, 5th pop (yellow) again on the bridge, 6th pop (named) in the S/W cave

and what to do with the Bloodied Torn Parchement ?

Last edited by Bumadar; 10-29-05 at 10:59 AM.
Vvicked
Registered Member

Reply With Quote   #26

Very well done, have used this guide to help me along the way. I am now down to Wren Simsy and Keetra the Lost to finish 2.0. Just did the Durgin Skell fight last night, and that would seem to be the only part I would say you really need to add more detail in some places, especially this fight.

This is where the expedition in Everfrost starts.
36 max. Can be done with 24 but more makes it easier.
You say, 'some foolish expedition'
This starts the expedition.
This should say, YOU go to Nedaria and say this to Liprin. I was looking for an NPC named Durgin in either EF or Nedaria for 5 minutes, Durgin Skell is actually a NPC that is inside the instance, in the middle of it - need to clear to him. You simply say this to Liprin to get it started once 36 people are in the raid (only).

My raid actually just made it's way to Durgin since the directions were :
Option 1, just start clearing south, then east, then south again, killing all the blue mobs and ignoring the greens. If you take too long you all get zone banished, just zone back and continue to clear
Hence I was able to complete tasks 1 and 3 before I realized we need to go back and kill the Goblin Horde leaders. On the map I had they were actually labelled as Raid Target 1 and 2, so we went back and got them, then did the next parts. These actually are very easy and are blue cons too if I remember.

The Skeletons were the worst, since you really have to bunch them all up and have your best nuker nail them when they are all at 1%. But they are aso need to be pulled from 2 different rooms, so need to clear those too, have a tracker check. Made the mistake of telling the raid ONLY me on DPS, and proceeded to triple a mob for 7k dmg and it repopped at 100%. I would advise using blunt here as a rogue so you don't over damage these. Get them down to 1% and have tanks turn around so they don't riposte them. Absolutely NO DOTs or you will be killing these for hours on end, and no HIGH powered nukes except when the 4 mobs are all at 1%, then have PBAE person nuke them. This fight is about timing not DPS. On my fight we got 3 of them down to 1% then got the last one there, only to have the PBAE person get a resist on 1 mob and we had to just about start over. Very important to get them all bunched up too when you are ready to nuke. Fortunately when they repop they do it right there and not where they originally spawned.

The Blobs wiped about 1/4 of the raid, because they split off or something, and we had over 20 adds, but got things under control fast.

Laskuth the Colossus is a Huge giant snowman. The banish area is behind him where that pit is but high up on the wall there, so no one that got banished actually fell in the pit (had levi any way). I actually got banished once myself. Very gimp mob imho, went down in a minute or so.

Thanks for the nice write up though, I don't think I could have gotten done as much as I have without it! Looking forward to getting 2.0 in the next week or two.

Vvicked
Cold Fury
Quellious Server

Suzuka
Veteran

Reply With Quote   #27

Vvicked said:
The Skeletons were the worst, since you really have to bunch them all up and have your best nuker nail them when they are all at 1%.
You don't have to kill them at exact same time just kill them within 10 sec of 1st dying or so. Worked just fine for me.

Vvicked
Registered Member

Reply With Quote   #28

Done. Best Thanksgiving I've had in a long time :P

Cleared area around Daignal with a full group, whittled it down to 4, moved to opposite corner, spawned Wren, Bard single pulled him from the assassin adds, and went down rather easy.

Vvicked
Cold Fury
http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=1182549
(need to update magelo, guess I will later today)....

Nos
Registered Member

Reply With Quote   #29

Did Gunthak fight last night and noticed some differences from the write-up. We had 5 waves of 3 shadowmen and Krill was level 70.

Was HUGE overkill for 2 groups of Anguish/Tacvi folks.

Gref
Registered Member

Reply With Quote   #30

Can any of these fights be done two in a row?

For example, after giving Krill's head to Lairyn, does he despawn? Or can another rogue hail him and start another event afterwards?

skewerzjoo
Veteran

Reply With Quote   #31

wren fight is a 2 hour wait...not sure about the kraken/gunthak fights...i'm sure the ldon can be done as soon as everyone clears the timer..and since it's not that fast of a clear, can probably be done back to back...

Skewerz
Gref
Registered Member

Reply With Quote   #32

thank you for the reply.

Tillaini
Registered Member

Reply With Quote   #33

kraken also has a wait. fairly sure that gunthak also does.

Ronoake
Registered Member

Reply With Quote   #34

Got a quick question.

Can you loot the anguish orb out of order?

--------------------------
Ronoake
Final Empire
PoVar
dugannw
Veteran

Reply With Quote   #35

Can you loot the anguish orb out of order?
I did not, but pretty sure a guildie after I got mine did, and we have 2 rogues recently that havent finsihed most of their fights that now have them. This isnt a 'yes you can', but a 'pretty sure it would be ok'

Stormseye
Registered Member

Reply With Quote   #36

Word,

Most orbs are going to apps and alts in our guild and I'm pretty sure you can loot the orb at any time now. Don't think it was like that when ooW came out but it has changed.

word out

Ronoake
Registered Member

Reply With Quote   #37

Anyone know what this is for from the Gulf of Gunktak?

Depleted Veil of the Shadow

Ansolon
Registered Member

Reply With Quote   #38

bloodfields event, the random drops are from Noc only and i have not yet seen a "glowing hand" to reveal the correct mobs these items are on.

now i was wondering, as this is triggered event could it be done again by me for the chest drops?

ShadowCross
Ring Administrator

Reply With Quote   #39

bloodfields event, the random drops are from Noc only and i have not yet seen a "glowing hand" to reveal the correct mobs these items are on.
Most certainly not true. I've had random drops from nocs, dogs, golems...

And yes, they act as a lightsource, so you have to remove all your lightsources and make sure dynamic lighting is turned on. Then you can clearly identify the mobs that have a piece. I had a 100% drop rate when only killing mobs with a lightsource.

ShadowCross
Rogue at Heart, Keeper of the Ring, Safehouse Administrator
Retired: ShadowCross - Blade of Tirion, Teir'dal Shadowblade (82), Member of Wind of Tranquility, Ant. Bayle Server, EQ
Retired: Shadowcross, Night Elven Hunter (85), Leader of Túatha Dé Danann, Sen'jin-EU, WoW
Retired: Shadowcross (Minmatar Clan Sebiestor) & Tebryan (retired Caldari Deteis), Members of Fnord Works, Tranquility, EVE
Achiever 40.00%, Explorer 100.00%, Killer 26.67%, Socializer 33.33%
likenew
Veteran

Reply With Quote   #40

ditto what shadowcross just said

and woot got my 2.0 tonight!

delfenia
Registered Member

Reply With Quote   #41

Thanks, was able to do my 2.0 with np

Mizen SolRo
Registered Member

Reply With Quote   #42

delfenia said:
Thanks, was able to do my 2.0 with np

Grats =P

sneekypeeks
Registered Member

Reply With Quote   #43

Quick question about the bloodfields girplan fight. It says the final mob despawns after 5 minutes, is this true even if he has been engaged or do you just have to engage him in 5 minutes?

Puus Nboots
Phantom of Erollisi Marr
I have six locks on my door all in a row. When I go out, I lock every other one. I figure no matter how long somebody stands there picking the locks, they are always locking three
Dalnoth_Vaz
EQ Rogue Correspondent

Reply With Quote   #44

He won't despawn if you engaged him already.

Dalno(th)
Forever, and Ever.
<Triality>
Ronoake
Registered Member

Reply With Quote   #45

Got mine finally. Thanks all who posted the great info.

Kruzar
Veteran

Reply With Quote   #46

I wanted to ask for a confirmation on the orb question listed above... I would like to know if this can be looted out of order or do you need to have the "flag"?

Can someone please confirm for me please. Thanks..

Kruzar
Kitty R()gue of 85 Seasons, Maelin Starpyre
sancin
Registered Member

Reply With Quote   #47

the orb CAN be looted out of order. I looted mine and i had Nothing done before besides the 1.5. Not sure if i had hailed liprin after the 1.5 i think i did but thats an easy enough flag to get.

Sancin Angelus
Rogue of EMarr

Kruzar
Veteran

Reply With Quote   #48

Wonderful walkthru and with its help I finished my 2.0 this weekend. Few oddities I noticed.. I never saw Smith Dandi again...so not sure if she just disapears or if she was despawned or what.. This worried me about doing my final hand in to Liprin since I did not have a flag check, but did the hand in and got my new blade..

Ohh.. took me 2 shots to do the final Wren fight.. first time had a pally, chanty with cleric box and me.. failed big time.. 2nd time around.. monk, chanty, cleric, and me.. she went down quick and dirty like.. and I was shocked when the monk tanked this bad boy for me. Was wild to see for sure..

Willrobb
Registered Member

Reply With Quote   #49

http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=1289049Just wanted to say thank for all the info... very helpful and all went very smooth. 2.0 epicced now :D

Qutsmnie
Veteran

Reply With Quote   #50

So finished this finally thanks to a great write up.

Most all the gearing was a post anguish level prephase 2 of demiplane predeathknell.
Flighty was an easy one group. Nothing spectacular needed with that kind of tanking and we thought we could have ranger tanked it after.

For Wren we went with:
ranger, cleric, twink chanter, me. All except the twink fairly nicely equipped for their roles.

Vanila (the cleric) put on a spectacular display of healing at the start. Frookie(the ranger) is pretty nicely equipped though and weapon shielded before wren was slowed so that helped. And I was about as much dps as a pre2.0 rogue could be (intensity of the resolute/demiplane of blood). But i still think its the first ranger to tank wren =)

With appropriate instructions the EF LDON is a joke post anguish. Though that start takes some practice to make look good.[done it 3 times] Key is to just kill spiders until the henchmen trigger then everyone ignores green cons while you charge forward to get the leaders. The rest is simple. On the skelees just tell everyone DONT KILL RED COLORD SKELES kill evyerhting else at your leisure. They get that. On the big sewed together piecemeal looking dude kill all adds as they appear. He is trivial like that. On the protect the hurt lady. Its a joke: gather raid tell them to agro and kill what they see that isnt her. On big dude at end get lev and remind them he banishes so expect agro to pingpong a little. Get cold buffs if your not uber.