TheSafehouse

There is hopeful symbolism in the fact that flags do not wave in a vacuum. - Arthur C. Clarke

Safehouse Forums

Safehouse Site Info

The end is nigh

FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Kurian
Registered Member

Dragging Corpses
Reply With Quote   #1

Hi all. I am sorry if this has been repeated elsewhere and I am hashing over old material. Still fairly new to the game. I believe there is a way to drag multiple corpses. I have reviewed the top 10 list over on the sony website and it appears that this feature was implemented but I am unaware of actually how to go about doing it. Could someone please be kind enough to tell me how to drag more than one corpse at a time or point me in the direction of the information. Thanks for your time.

Daldolin Deathdeal
Registered Member

Re: Dragging Corpses
Reply With Quote   #2

Target a corpse and type /corpsedrag then target next corpse and tpye the same. You can drag 2 corpses this way.... (You can drag a 3rd. Corpse by using the old fashioned /corpse hot key)

Once you get to where you are dragging the corpses make sure you hit the Esc key so you do not have any corpses targeted and type /corpsedrop to stop dragging the corpses. (If you forget to hit the Esc key and clear the corpse from the target window you will still be dragging at least 1 of the corpses around with you and make people chase you to try and loot their bodies...... while this can be fun sometimes, most people get annoyed if you do it too often

You can use both of the above commands as Hot Keys.

Widdlo
Registered Member

Reply With Quote   #3

If you use a toggle last two targets key along with /corpse you can drag 4 corpses rather easily.

rayneezy
Registered Member

Reply With Quote   #4

Widdlo said:
If you use a toggle last two targets key along with /corpse you can drag 4 corpses rather easily.

Widdlo , I'm not familier with the "toggle last two targets " that you mentioned. how is that done please?

Keddari
Registered Member

Reply With Quote   #5

Not sure if you have to configure it or if it's on by default. >_<

Shift-Tab is what I use at least. Tab typically shifts between yourself and your last target. Shift-Tab toggles between your present target and your last target.

Example:
Your puller rushes back to camp with a ukun and a dragorn, and your chanter is getting masturbusy or something. Since you just smoked a big bowl of crack and got Assassin's Fient, you decide you'll try to save the group. You target the ukun and see your MT is on it already, so you switch to the dragorn and mez it. You could Shift-Tab to switch back to the ukun and go to work.

Rune
Registered Member

Reply With Quote   #6

You can make one hotkey that will both pickup and drop corpses.

The first line should be /corpsedrop.
The second line is /corpsedrag.

The /corpsedrop command will only drop the corpse you have targeted (unless you have none targeted) so it will have no effect on any "new" corpse you have targeted and so you will pick it up.

The /corpsedrag command will have no effect on untargeted corpses (unless there is one of yours laying around) and so when you clear your target and hit the key you will only drop the corpses you are carrying.

I also use a hotkey to inform the owner of my targeted corpse that he is being carried (cuts down on those annoying inqueries) and inform the other rogues in my guild's rogue channel that I have located that particular corpse and so they can quit looking for that corpse that was "near a rock close to a tree".

Runehammer
Retired Assassin of Cazic-Thule
Onetime Oldest Rogue on Cazic-Thule
"I must be getting old. My corpse looks a lot younger than I do."
Widdlo
Registered Member

Reply With Quote   #7

If you go into the options/keys/target menu and scroll down you'll find "toggle last two targets." Set this to something that is located in a convenient place near your /corpse hotkey. (I use 6 for /corpse and Y for toggle) After getting your two corpses on /corpsedrag find two more. Click the first corpse, then click a different corpse right after it and your toggle key should switch between the two corpses. Then you can simply run and alternate the buttons and you can drag both corpses at full speed with no target lag.

I.E. after the toggle corpses are set run and press 6, Y, 6, Y, 6, Y, 6, Y (or whatever buttons you have set).

Sitsuji
Registered Member

Reply With Quote   #8

I make the raid think I hate dragging corpses and take as long as possible so they quit wiping and pay the hell attention next time.

Syndal Baenre
Registered Member

Reply With Quote   #9

Make a hotkey for /corpse. Then rapidly target corpses and mash the /corpse hotkey. You can chain drag an entire raid almost doing that. 2-3 rogues doing that can pull an entire raid force quite a long ways. Just have to leap frog each other. With the increased distance that they made /corpse viable at.. This method is very effective. I usually only use /corpsedrag if I have to recover some boob that went the wrong way and I have to go get his gimpy butt.

Syndal Baenre

"Build something idiot proof and they'll build a better idiot"
"Why do they call it Common Sense, when it's not common?"
Rishethra
Registered Member

Reply With Quote   #10

To add to Widdlos post, I set my 9 key to toggle between last targets and made a hot key with /corpse in all 5 lines, then put that key in the 9 slot on a hotkey page. Only one key to push that way.

Dragynphyre
Veteran

Reply With Quote   #11

For large piles of corpses such as are created on wiped raids, /corpsedrag is often too slow - what you do in that case is create a hotkey for /corpse, and spam click on the pile while using your corpse hotkey until you have the whole pile moved. Then you move back to just within the range that you can drag a corpse, and do it again. Can move 50 corpses rather easily this way. Even better if you have someone behind you moving the pile out from under you, and so on.

In the old days of the original Plane of Hate, I could drag 5 corpses the oldfashioned hotkey way (hotkey1: [/target {person1}'s corpse, /corpse, /target {person2}'s corpse, corpse, /target {person3}'s corpse] hotkey2: [/corpse, /target {person4}'s corpse, /corpse, /target {person5}'s corpse], /corpse

Now I can do up to 7 in a shot if I'm on my game - due to the 2 more added with corpsedrag

VoltaiAusra
Registered Member

Reply With Quote   #12

I selectively drag out four corpses first. They become like the base for the rezzing of a raid. Cleric x2, Necro, Chanter. Get them up, and medding while I haul the raid. Then it's a click fest, with buffing and feeding. MGBs and such. I do the mass drag with a five line corpse button once I get those four up

Zek Rogue and Proud of It!
PvP For Life!
Blue Servers Be Damned!
Qutsmnie
Veteran

Reply With Quote   #13

I drag three corpses then drop them and go back all with one social. [or i spam the same social to do the pile drag]

The social is:
/corpsedrop
/corpsedrag
/corpse

The corpsedrop doesnt have an effect if your target isnt clear and your not on a corpse your dragging. So you hit it once for your first corpse. target your second hit it again [/corpsedrop wont take effect]. Then target your third. Since your never allowed a /corpsedrag on the third the /corpsedrop does nothing and you /corpse it all the way down the road.

When you get to where your going you target nothing. Hit your social again and it will drop the two your dragging.

Kragar
Registered Member

Reply With Quote   #14

Qutsmnie said:
/corpsedrop
/corpsedrag
/corpse
Clever. I like it.

Meteora
Registered Member

Reply With Quote   #15

The max ive ever tried to drag was 4, but i have seen some rogues do up to 11 or 12, Is it the same idea as the previous posts? Just faster?