* XP earned for defeating Archvillains/Heroes has been doubled.
* Defeating an Archvillain/Hero will result in a random SO Enhancement 3 levels higher than the level of the AV being awarded to everyone who recieved XP (if you have inventory space).
* Defeating an Archvillain/Hero will result in a random Large Inspiration being awarded to everyone who received XP (if you have inventory space).
* Defeating an Archvillain/Hero while in Supergroup mode will award you a piece of Salvage 100% of the time.
I'm not entirely impressed with the rewards. If the idea is to still encourage people do to AVs, this really isn't going to cut it? Doube exp? Nice, but considering how long it takes to actually kill and AV, I could probably make more than that just taking out the Elite Boss and going on to the next mission. Large Inspiration? Big deal. I get those often enough, especially since I can just go to Shadow Shard and farm a mission. +3 enhancment? The only time people are clamoring for these is when they hit 50. Prior to that, mostly everyone just upgrades at x2 (eg 22, 32) or x7 (eg 17, 47.) Salvage? Ok, garuanteed salvage is nice, but again, nothing that's really in short supply.
What I'd rather they had done:
- Temp power: Each AV defeat gives you a temp power corresponding to the AV's own powers. For example, defeating AntiMatter gives you 24 hours of X-Ray Beam. Vahzilok could give you 3 charges that summon an Embalmed Cadaver.
- Enhancement/Inspiration: Rather than the best, why not some unique ones? Nothing incredibly overpowered, just slightly better than what we get as it is. For example, a +33% dmg +10%rng enhancement or a "no debt" 15min inspiration.
I just don't think the current plan is going to encourage people to fight AVs at all. Instead, people are just going to make them Elite Bosses to get the boring inconveniences out of the way.