One of the top concerns from the community the past several weeks has been in-game advertisements from players attempting to sell in-game coin for real world money. We’ve been working on removing such players from EverQuest II on an individual basis since the phenomenon started, but we wanted to go a step further. After looking into the issue, it turns out that most of these players are on free Trial accounts and can simply create a new account after they are banned. We discussed possible solutions and have been working on implementing what we’ve come up with for some time now, and I now have information about what we’ll be doing to resolve the situation.
Trial of the Isle Accounts Cannot:
* Trade with other players (i.e. they cannot use the Trade Window).
* Receive in-game mail from players on their server (note that they can still receive in-game mail cross-server, as such emails can’t have attachments anyway).
* Send in-game mail via the Norrathian Express.
* Buy or list items on the broker. Browsing for items is okay.
* Join or start guilds. Browsing for guilds is okay.
* Speak on global channels such as "Freeport" or level channels. They will still be able to read them.
* Send a tell to someone who does not have the Trial member on their Friends list.
* Send a tell to someone on another server or different game.
These changes should reduce most of the gold seller spam you may have seen over the past month or so while impacting Trial players are minimally as possible. You should see this as part of an upcoming Hotfix as soon as everything has been thoroughly tested out. Thank you for your patience while we worked on resolving the issue.
Ryan "Blackguard" Shwayder
Community Relations Manager
Custodian of the Nerfbat