Registered Member

Re: Naruto: The Hurricane Chronicles
Reply With Quote   #201

.........lol

Toprem
v. Resident Grammarian

Reply With Quote   #202

Usually Im not one to talk about animation of the anime I watch, but... yeah... Im not so sure about the last episode. In some ways it was better, but in other ways it felt cheap and odd. More expressions in faces is good, but god the cubism of **** being thrown around was cheap looking. Ive seen people mention that this was done by the same people that did the Naruto vs. Sasuke episodes, but ffs that was years ago and like hell I remember anything about that.

Anyone else feel like they were watching Neon Genesis Evangelion with the last two episodes?

Master Tailor Toprem Spaztastic, level 75 Drizzlecaller of Karana. Member of Clan Ta Veren

#1 Druid on Prexus.
Santril
Veteran

Reply With Quote   #203

Toprem said:
Usually Im not one to talk about animation of the anime I watch, but... yeah... Im not so sure about the last episode. In some ways it was better, but in other ways it felt cheap and odd. More expressions in faces is good, but god the cubism of **** being thrown around was cheap looking. Ive seen people mention that this was done by the same people that did the Naruto vs. Sasuke episodes, but ffs that was years ago and like hell I remember anything about that.

Anyone else feel like they were watching Neon Genesis Evangelion with the last two episodes?

SPOILER:
They did it during the Nartuo v. Orochimaru ep too. Part of me feels like there's a set animation budget for every episode, and so the animation quality goes down during the big fight eps... (see Sakura v. Sasori), another part of me feels like they're trying for something "artistic"...

It's most obvious when the Nine-Tails is manifesting itself though. The more tails pop out, the more NGE-like the animation gets, which in a way, makes sense, at least for the things Naruto is doing. Having Pain be all warped and crap as part of his own attacks makes little sense to me though.

I can't say I care much for it.

If you love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home and leave us in peace. We don't seek your counsel, we don't seek your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countryman. - Samuel Adams
likenew
Veteran

Reply With Quote   #204

SPOILER:
I didn't like it either, and it definitely looks like the naruto sasuke fight. They are doing it to show the speed of the fight I suppose, but there are plenty of fast fights out there that do a fine job of looking good and expressing the speed of the fight. Just my opinion about it.

likenew shinycoins of cazic thule

My first blog
DarthEnderX
Count Monster-rod
Von Hugenstein

Reply With Quote   #205

SPOILER:
Don't get me wrong, I actually really enjoyed this art style in the previous fights it was used for.

But it feels like in this episode that they just had no editor, because they took the cartoonishness up to 11. The first 10 minutes of this episode were just ridiculous. I think Pain's roadrunner legs took the cake though.

The animators also introduced a bunch of plotholes with some of the things they added. Like making the last Pain basically indestructible, or having him use his push against streams of attacks even though that was his specific weakness(which Kakashi died to discover) and giving both Pain and Kyuubi powers they shouldn't have.

CaudyrShadowfury
Registered Member

Reply With Quote   #206

DarthEnder said:
SPOILER:
Don't get me wrong, I actually really enjoyed this art style in the previous fights it was used for.

But it feels like in this episode that they just had no editor, because they took the cartoonishness up to 11. The first 10 minutes of this episode were just ridiculous. I think Pain's roadrunner legs took the cake though.

The animators also introduced a bunch of plotholes with some of the things they added. Like making the last Pain basically indestructible, or having him use his push against streams of attacks even though that was his specific weakness(which Kakashi died to discover) and giving both Pain and Kyuubi powers they shouldn't have.
SPOILER:
I saw the animations for the episode in question online (I haven't watched it yet)...but some of the parts are just ridiculous. The face of Pain got so distorted it was ridiculous. The whole roadrunner (it was called Sonic legs where I saw it, haha) legs syndrome was nothing compared to the contortions on his face that shouldn't be possible. He turned from a guy into something that's even worse looking than Sloth (I think that's his name, lol) from the Goonies. It was just disgusting. The whole punch animation was overexaggerated as well, although at least that could be said to be something to do with the force of the punch.

I don't know anything about the "plot holes" that were put in, but there's nothing saying the Kyuubi can't do more than what is in the manga...given that it's one of those "ultimate chakra" things...and we honestly don't really know its full capabilities when it gets to the upper tails. After it went tail 4 it basically shot through the tails like no tomorrow, after all. Pain's thing is a "5 second" thing - so maybe the "streams of attacks" were fended off as one attack, or maybe they were actually in a situation where the time limit had run out so he could use it again...I don't know on that one, though...I'd have to watch it to get the context on his powers, but I do know that it's implied that Pain basically is "indestructible" so long as he's using the gravity-esque power...but who knows. It wouldn't be the first time they royally screwed up a fight like this, heh.

Toprem
v. Resident Grammarian

Reply With Quote   #207

Santril said:
SPOILER:
They did it during the Nartuo v. Orochimaru ep too. Part of me feels like there's a set animation budget for every episode, and so the animation quality goes down during the big fight eps... (see Sakura v. Sasori), another part of me feels like they're trying for something "artistic"...

It's most obvious when the Nine-Tails is manifesting itself though. The more tails pop out, the more NGE-like the animation gets, which in a way, makes sense, at least for the things Naruto is doing. Having Pain be all warped and crap as part of his own attacks makes little sense to me though.

I can't say I care much for it.
If anything I think the animation goes up during fights like this since its done by a different studio than normal. I don't remember the animation being like this during Nartuo vs. Orochimaru. When I mentioned NGE, I wasn't referring to the animation, but to the story itself. Those two episodes really remind me of End of Evangelion.

Santril
Veteran

Reply With Quote   #208

Toprem said:
If anything I think the animation goes up during fights like this since its done by a different studio than normal. I don't remember the animation being like this during Nartuo vs. Orochimaru. When I mentioned NGE, I wasn't referring to the animation, but to the story itself. Those two episodes really remind me of End of Evangelion.
SPOILER:
Eh, I guess it sorta reminds me of the End of Eva... not really though. Probably because I've followed the manga too... honestly, I hope the anime handles this next part better than the manga did... <grumbles>

Tivia
Weird Store
Snack Pervert

Reply With Quote   #209

SPOILER:
I am just enraged to be honest. An episode this ****ing important and they pump out what was quite possibly the worst animated episode I think I have ever seen.That was literally physically painful to watch..horrible just..horrible.

"Check out my youtube channel. Featuring League of Legends, FFXIV:ARR, gameplay and commentary."
CaudyrShadowfury
Registered Member

Reply With Quote   #210

Tivia said:
SPOILER:
I am just enraged to be honest. An episode this ****ing important and they pump out what was quite possibly the worst animated episode I think I have ever seen.That was literally physically painful to watch..horrible just..horrible.
SPOILER:
The worst part is people like me who read the manga and have been waiting for a long time to come across this episode/arc only to have it turn out like this. :( Talk about a disappointment, lol.

Santril
Veteran

Reply With Quote   #211

CaudyrShadowfury said:
SPOILER:
The worst part is people like me who read the manga and have been waiting for a long time to come across this episode/arc only to have it turn out like this. :( Talk about a disappointment, lol.
SPOILER:
No kidding. I was really looking forward to this one. Although, I really liked the handling of the Sakura v. Sasori fight in the manga, and was just as disappointed with the pacing of the anime as I am with the overall quality of this fight. Honestly, both this and Bleach are kinda hitting lows right now. :(

Knowing how long the upcoming exposition took in the manga, it's probably going to be two months worth of episodes to get through it too...

CaudyrShadowfury
Registered Member

Reply With Quote   #212

Santril said:
SPOILER:
No kidding. I was really looking forward to this one. Although, I really liked the handling of the Sakura v. Sasori fight in the manga, and was just as disappointed with the pacing of the anime as I am with the overall quality of this fight. Honestly, both this and Bleach are kinda hitting lows right now. :(

Knowing how long the upcoming exposition took in the manga, it's probably going to be two months worth of episodes to get through it too...
SPOILER:
God I hope not, lol...as it stands I've already given up more or less on actively watching the two series and have just been reading the manga...who knows if/when it'll happen with One Piece as well, lol.

Toprem
v. Resident Grammarian

Reply With Quote   #213

man, haters gonna hate all up in here. Even the people I occasionally see bitching about animation quality didn't complain this much, **** most didn't complain at all. I didn't think it was as bad as you guys did, hell, the last two episodes are the only Naruto episodes that I've watched multiple times all the way through in recent history/ever. I've watched the last episode like five times now.

Tivia
Weird Store
Snack Pervert

Reply With Quote   #214

Toprem said:
man, haters gonna hate all up in here. Even the people I occasionally see bitching about animation quality didn't complain this much, **** most didn't complain at all. I didn't think it was as bad as you guys did, hell, the last two episodes are the only Naruto episodes that I've watched multiple times all the way through in recent history/ever. I've watched the last episode like five times now.
SPOILER:

To each their own..For the record I liked the style for the original naruto v sauske fight. However to me this was just too over the top. The style isn't what turned me off, it was the quality of the animation in this one. There were sections that literally looked unfinished. I am usually completely on board with the style change for major fights, I just think they massively screwed up this one. It looked terrible to me, it looked terrible to my wife who is also a fan and several of our friends hated it as well. Yea I read the manga as well and I honestly expected far better, sorry not hating it just came across as half assed.

Toprem
v. Resident Grammarian

Reply With Quote   #215

****ing two week wait and its only a single episode? What is this ********?

CaudyrShadowfury
Registered Member

Reply With Quote   #216

Toprem said:
****ing two week wait and its only a single episode? What is this ********?
Welcome to Japan? :P

Toprem
v. Resident Grammarian

Reply With Quote   #217

Well it was a double episode, Wikipedia was wrong. However, people that aren't russian and italian seem to be taking their sweet ****ing time with 169. This is why I liked DB, they just put out one file that was both episodes together and they [usually] didn't **** around like this.

DarthEnderX
Count Monster-rod
Von Hugenstein

Reply With Quote   #218

It wasn't a double episode, Crunchyroll had a security leak and next weeks episodes for several shows were leaked to the internet a week early. Including Naruto.

SPOILER:
That is all.

Last edited by DarthEnderX; 07-16-10 at 04:49 AM.
Toprem
v. Resident Grammarian

Reply With Quote   #219

Meh, guess Ill watch it now at my computer and again next week on my TV since by the looks of it all the english copies of it are mkvs and I still can't get those to play correctly with PS3 Media Server

likenew
Veteran

Reply With Quote   #220

Its definitely youtube quality.

Tivia
Weird Store
Snack Pervert

Reply With Quote   #221

Toprem said:
Meh, guess Ill watch it now at my computer and again next week on my TV since by the looks of it all the english copies of it are mkvs and I still can't get those to play correctly with PS3 Media Server
You must of done something wierd..Ps3 media server handles mkv's by default. :/

Toprem
v. Resident Grammarian

Reply With Quote   #222

Tivia said:
You must of done something wierd..Ps3 media server handles mkv's by default. :/
I still don't get what I need to do to play them properly. Before I reformatted my computer, it could only play some MKVs properly, smooth framerate and subs showing. However, most wouldn't, depending on what encoding method I picked, I would either get no subs (and no sub options in the menu you get by hitting Triangle) with proper framerate, subs but with ass framerate, or where the video, and only the video, played about 2x normal speed.

I just reinstalled PS3MS because of episode 167, so I decided to try and watch some other MKV I already had on my computer, got the same **** all over again. Like five different encoding options and none of them provided me with what I should have been seeing.

Santril
Veteran

Reply With Quote   #223

Ok, I was pretty happy with 168... 169 was alright too.

But really? FILLER? NOW? I mean, I've read the manga, I know how long what's coming up next is going to take, but filler in the middle of a freaking arc??? Especially when the part right after this would've been perfect timing?!

Oyi.

CaudyrShadowfury
Registered Member

Reply With Quote   #224

Santril said:
Ok, I was pretty happy with 168... 169 was alright too.

But really? FILLER? NOW? I mean, I've read the manga, I know how long what's coming up next is going to take, but filler in the middle of a freaking arc??? Especially when the part right after this would've been perfect timing?!

Oyi.
...LOL yeah that's pretty pathetic...the part after this really doesn't take all that much time, either. GO GO PULLING A BLEACH!

On what Toprem and Tivia are talking about...I've always used CCCP and Media Player Classic (Home Cinema now, with new versions of CCCP lol). MPC comes with CCCP last I saw and whatnot. This is pretty much (KEY WORDS OMG :P) what fansubbers recommend (although if you have something else that works properly there's no real reason to switch over imo...) even now after I've stopped doing it. XD

http://www.cccp-project.net/ Can get it there (if this is against the rules or whatever, I'll just remove the link to it lol...it's just a codecs thing and MPC, though)

Tivia
Weird Store
Snack Pervert

Reply With Quote   #225

CaudyrShadowfury said:
...LOL yeah that's pretty pathetic...the part after this really doesn't take all that much time, either. GO GO PULLING A BLEACH!

On what Toprem and Tivia are talking about...I've always used CCCP and Media Player Classic (Home Cinema now, with new versions of CCCP lol). MPC comes with CCCP last I saw and whatnot. This is pretty much (KEY WORDS OMG :P) what fansubbers recommend (although if you have something else that works properly there's no real reason to switch over imo...) even now after I've stopped doing it. XD

http://www.cccp-project.net/ Can get it there (if this is against the rules or whatever, I'll just remove the link to it lol...it's just a codecs thing and MPC, though)
Just FWIW, cccp and MPC do not have any effect on those of us streaming to a PS3 through PS3 media server. It contains its own codecs for that.

CaudyrShadowfury
Registered Member

Reply With Quote   #226

Tivia said:
Just FWIW, cccp and MPC do not have any effect on those of us streaming to a PS3 through PS3 media server. It contains its own codecs for that.
Ah, streaming...I must've overlooked that part or something, lol. I just saw that he mentioned the computer and it causing problems

I don't have a PS3 so I can't really help with the whole streaming thing, lol.

Toprem
v. Resident Grammarian

Reply With Quote   #227

Tivia said:
Well, Id like to know wtf I am doing wrong so I could watch them via my PS3.

Tivia
Weird Store
Snack Pervert

Reply With Quote   #228

Toprem said:
Well, Id like to know wtf I am doing wrong so I could watch them via my PS3.
Hard to say..

I assume you are getting your mkv's from Taka? I only ask because horrible subs do something funky with theirs and the subtitles don't play on anything except Pc.

DarthEnderX
Count Monster-rod
Von Hugenstein

Reply With Quote   #229

SPOILER:
Awwwww **** son! They just summoned Shenron up in this bitch!

Naruto believes in the you who believes in me!

likenew
Veteran

Reply With Quote   #230

SPOILER:
Its been within a year, why did the perverted hermit not come back to life?!?

Fun stuff.

DarthEnderX
Count Monster-rod
Von Hugenstein

Reply With Quote   #231

SPOILER:
Man, what a great episode. It felt like the culmination of the entire series up to this point. Like, if the series had ended here I almost wouldn't complain.

I loved how in the flashbacks you can see the progression of the villagers opinion of him as they go from calling him "the fox kid" to "Naruto".

It's also nice to know the village was actually hearing about all the great things Naruto was doing. The series had been kind of making it seem like everything on the missions was secret. And nobody knew how awesome Naruto was.

Although, wtf with Sakura getting to hug Naruto while Hinata just watches. That's messed up. I didn't see Sakura getting almost killed to save him. She doesn't deserve hugs!

likenew
Veteran

Reply With Quote   #232

DarthEnder said:
SPOILER:

Although, wtf with Sakura getting to hug Naruto while Hinata just watches. That's messed up. I didn't see Sakura getting almost killed to save him. She doesn't deserve hugs!
SPOILER:
Because a few hours after this happened, she was then planning to finally show naruto some boobies!

DarthEnderX
Count Monster-rod
Von Hugenstein

Reply With Quote   #233

*sigh* fillers.

Worse, pre-timeskip fillers. It's as if "Filler-hell" has reached through time and sent a part of itself here.

cedon
Registered Member

Reply With Quote   #234

DarthEnder said:
*sigh* fillers.

Worse, pre-timeskip fillers. It's as if "Filler-hell" has reached through time and sent a part of itself here.
lol

likenew
Veteran

Reply With Quote   #235

Can't they do training filler at least? Like when they learned a new technique or becoming stronger...

Toprem
v. Resident Grammarian

Reply With Quote   #236

God when is this **** filler gonna end?

I thought that boss cat sounded familiar and looking it up I was right

boss cat =

Hell, the cat is even coloured similarly to him

Last edited by Toprem; 12-04-10 at 07:30 PM.
Toprem
v. Resident Grammarian

Reply With Quote   #237

Well, at least this episode confirms what I thought with the previous episodes, dunno how I never put two and two together sooner (or spoiled it for myself by reading up on wikipedia pages).

Also another Bleach voice actor in Naruto this episode.

DarthEnderX
Count Monster-rod
Von Hugenstein

Reply With Quote   #238

Thank GOD that's over with.

That was Naruto Filler Hell #2.

likenew
Veteran

Reply With Quote   #239

The last episode wasn't filler? It sure felt and looked like it!

Toprem
v. Resident Grammarian

Reply With Quote   #240

DarthEnder said:
Thank GOD that's over with.

That was Naruto Filler Hell #2.
Guess I can start watching again then, Ive downloaded most of the stuff thats aired since I got my internets cut off for DLing it off a public tracker, but havent bothered watching it since its been filler.

DarthEnderX
Count Monster-rod
Von Hugenstein

Reply With Quote   #241

likenew said:
The last episode wasn't filler? It sure felt and looked like it!
243 on is not filler.

DarthEnderX
Count Monster-rod
Von Hugenstein

Reply With Quote   #242

Heh, not the anime, but this makes me geek out a bit:

Toprem
v. Resident Grammarian

Reply With Quote   #243

It sucks how it takes a few weeks to slog through shitty filler, then once the filler is done with I can catch up to the series in like two days. And for the filler arc being over, they sure are still cramming filler into these episodes.

Toprem
v. Resident Grammarian

Reply With Quote   #244

Why do they feel its necessary to keep reminding us of the stuff we already know about because they've told it a dozen times before?

DarthEnderX
Count Monster-rod
Von Hugenstein

Reply With Quote   #245

Probably because a lot of that stuff happened like over 5 years ago when the majority of their current audience was about 3 years old.

So...yeah...speaking of this series, I didn't mention it when it happened a couple episodes ago...but I thought the Uchihas were OP in the series.

Then they showed what Kabuto can do now...yeah...what the ****ing ****.

Anyway, I'm super-psyched about this upcoming Shinobi War arc. I hope it's at least as badass as the Whitebeard War!

DarthEnderX
Count Monster-rod
Von Hugenstein

Reply With Quote   #246

I just want to say how much I've loved the last couple episodes.

SPOILER:
Between Gaara reaching what looks like the climax of his personal character arc, and then a badass fight between Naruto, Bee, Itachi and Nagato that ends with Itachi being a FREE immortal zombie ninja, it's been a pretty goddamn epic 2 episodes.

likenew
Veteran

Reply With Quote   #247

I have as well, but the one before it was atrocious to me...

DarthEnderX
Count Monster-rod
Von Hugenstein

Reply With Quote   #248

Not that anyone reads any of these, but I felt like commenting on how cool Naruto was this week(329).

Between adorable puppy Kyuubi and Naruto going SSJ2.

TeanninBramblefeet
Registered Member

Reply With Quote   #249

I really need to get caught up on the series again...

Toprem
v. Resident Grammarian

Reply With Quote   #250

DarthEnderX said:
Not that anyone reads any of these, but I felt like commenting on how cool Naruto was this week(329).

Between adorable puppy Kyuubi and Naruto going SSJ2.
All the chibi biju were so kawaii :3 :3 :3