So, I am finally getting around to starting my computer support business in the Hilton Head area (working with a friend, with a LOT less financial support, and we both have full time jobs, so... who knows how it'll turn out, but extra cash won't hurt, right?).
However, I need a logo. We're working on getting our LLC, and all that. The name of the company will be Beach Front Geeks. (BFG for short... and yes, that is why I came up with Beach Front Geeks)
I am looking for a logo, and I have NO talent at getting what is in my head onto paper. I want the F to be a palm tree, and have the G look like a silhouette of dude sitting over a laptop. Silhouette is technically optional if you think you can get detail in there. and I have no idea about the B.
If you have better ideas for the logo, go ahead and show me that too. My ideas aren't always the best.
Any logos would be awesome, and if you like I'll try to get you some payment if it's accepted as the official logo (not sure how much, or when I'd be able to pay you, but I'll try).
If you'd rather keep it private, all my contact info is in my profile, or even send a private message here.
In this free contest, your task is to design a logo for mixeddrinkworld.com, a mixed drink recipe database with social networking integration (i.e. chat, forum, pictures post, reviews, etc...).
The design will appear on website and business cards.
* The top entry that the client chooses will receive $200*.
* The top voting winner will get 100 credits.
* Logos must contain the words "mixed drink world". This is not cAsE SeNsItIvE.
* The logo can contain up to 4 colors. The client would like to see an example of your logo on both a white and black background.
* Entries may not contain gradients.
* The logo style must be modern, hip, fresh and stylish. They are looking for a brand logo they can live with that is not dated in anyway.
* Your logo should represent young, modern, clean, fun, classy and rich.
* The client is open to different symbol options.
* No round globes may be used. Since their name has the word world in it they don't want to get to many globe effects, but if it is done really well and in a unique way it would be permissible.
Granted this is going to cost. ($50 and up depending on what you require) but it might be worth taking a look... I've seen allot of really good stuff come from that site.
Well, with it being in SC, and the Palm tree looking really close to a Palmetto from the SC flag... Might want to be careful not to make it too reminicent of tthat same image. Unless that's intentional!
(For those not in/near SC, The Palmetto and Crescent moon image from the SC flag is very, very common to see on car window stickers, and a lot of other stuff. It looks nice, but that might not be what they want to brand their image with.)
Government is like an anus; itís necessary, but itís never going to be anything pretty or worth celebrating.
It's kew, Aidden. I'd like the image cleaned up minimally, but I think the handdrawn look does work. I'll show my friend/partner and ask what he thinks too. Making the letters look like something very well may clutter it up too much, I don't know. I just thought it'd be kinda cool <shrugs>
And the worth1000 thing - do *I* have to pay the prize winnings? I totally can't right now :X I am broke and stuff. Barely gonna get the LLC and some minimal advertising, which will mainly be the partner since he has some cash saved up (I am just doing the work, heh).
edit: whoa, if you edit yer post the sig disable thingy doesn't happen - had to go manually turn it off