TheSafehouse

"This is a website that originated because of an online fantasy game. What the hell makes you think anyone here knows anything about women?" - Boddi The Ranger

Safehouse Forums

Safehouse Site Info

The end is nigh

FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Finneus
Registered Member

Raising Disarm and Pickpocket
Reply With Quote   #1

With that recent patch that raised skill caps in preparation for level 80 these two skills had their caps raised. Its been years since I bothered raising them so I'm not familiar with any current strats for doing so quickly. Anyone have some advice on the topic?

I know you can stick them on your evade hotkey, I've done that but I haven't seen a single skillup on either yet. Primarily I'm dealing with mobs in raids so its possible they just aren't the right ones to work with. If I remember right they don't have to be xp mobs for pickpocket skillups, and they have to be carrying non-magic weapons for disarm skillups.

Hiddenpaw
Registered Member

Re: Raising Disarm and Pickpocket
Reply With Quote   #2

Isn't there a level cap on what can be pick pocketed from?

jenadil
Registered Member

Reply With Quote   #3

When I was working on the Blackburrow part of the Burning Rapier quest inbetween spawns I would work disarm and pick pocket on other trash. Soon as I disarmed the mob I would kill it and move onto the next one. Not sure if you want to spend anytime here but it worked good at the time.

Injury
Registered Member

Reply With Quote   #4

Just before you enter paineel there are 2 mining skellies. They hold non-magical mining picks. Make sure to remove both you weapons first otherwise you will reposte them to death.

If that doesnt work for you, link it to backstab key instead. Youll get way more skillups. However, it's not very common anymore for high level mobs to be carrying weapons, at least not that I've seen lately.

As for pick pocketing, my only advice is to hit the mobs that you need to pickpocket already for various epic in the spirit of proactivity. If, your done all epic pick pocket jobs then thats as question we bot have.

Durden
Veteran

Reply With Quote   #5

When I was soloing the Creep Reapers in Corathus Creep while working on my Last Blood Aug, I created an "Ability" hotkey taht did all of these.

/attack off
/doability # (Disarm)
/doability # (Pickpocket)
/attack on

I may have had a pause line in there to make sure attack off hit the server before the pickpocket line.

Pickpocket raised no problem on these lvl50 mobs (was lvl75), but I never ONCE got an increase in Disarm.

Durdaen Darkpoint
Retired - Marauder, Deceiver, Back Stabber, Nightblade, Gentlemen Assassin.
The Safehouse
Mystical Lightfighters
Erollisi Marr server
Weebaaa
Registered Member

Reply With Quote   #6

I've been told before. that you can only skill up disarm on enemies with weapons. hence the not skillups on creep reapers.
Are there any restriction on skillups for beg/pick pockets. not that I know of.

Chicken + Lemon = Puckercock
Garet Jax
Registered Member

Reply With Quote   #7

stitch can be disarmed

Terag Xaj lvl 75 rogue HFC

Quietpaws
Registered Member

Reply With Quote   #8

I used to use the skellies in LOIO, they have a no drop weapon, cracked femur or some such name, so you cant actually disarm it although you DO get skillups. Only real prob is at higher lvls you tend to riposte them to death. Might be easier to find a higher lvl mob with a no drop weapon.

40 fight and 20 will die young
ptaldor the lightfinger
Registered Member

Reply With Quote   #9

There are also npc's in zone in to Nexus that are real easy to disarm,did like 100 in 30 min.

jenadil
Registered Member

Reply With Quote   #10

Quietpaws said:
Only real prob is at higher lvls you tend to riposte them to death.
Easy fix for that is to take your weapons off.

Gorben
Registered Member

Reply With Quote   #11

Enjoy these skills while you can once you get past luclin I believe they are useless.

90 Half Elf Rogue of Bristlebane
Luclin(VEESHAN)server

Education is what you get from reading the fine print. Experience is
what you get from not reading it.
mitsune
Registered Member

Reply With Quote   #12

Gorben said:
Enjoy these skills while you can once you get past luclin I believe they are useless.
Funny enough, I recently noticed that we can pickpock stacks of items. This must be result of the change that stacked similar items on a mobs loot table.

Mitsune Foxfire, Vazaelle

Adaryea-Zek
Registered Member

Reply With Quote   #13

rumor has it that pick pocket is a good way to get LoN boosters and decks. anyone remember if the pick pocket loot table is seperate from the mob's loot table? i dont remember anymore.

Adaryea Darkwalkr
70 Assassin of Zek
Jazya
Hand of the Ring

Reply With Quote   #14

Adaryea-Zek said:
rumor has it that pick pocket is a good way to get LoN boosters and decks. anyone remember if the pick pocket loot table is seperate from the mob's loot table? i dont remember anymore.
not presently

Furlined
Registered Member

Reply With Quote   #15

Adaryea-Zek said:
The Legends items in game are magic which I believe makes them not pickable.

Plirus on Steam
Retired: Furlined Stickypaws Shadowblade of Xegony (EQ)

Retired: Furlined Swiftpaws Rogue of Flamehammer (VG)
Finneus
Registered Member

Reply With Quote   #16

I did a little picking/disarming in SolA when I was bored one day and got a few skillups on both. Didn't help the boredom any so I stopped. I actually had better skillup rates on the level 2 fairies in GFay you have to bottle for the halloween event, using disarm to aggro them so they won't fly out of range of the bottle's casting.

Lace Of Shadows
Registered Member

Reply With Quote   #17

ptaldor the lightfinger said:
There are also npc's in zone in to Nexus that are real easy to disarm,did like 100 in 30 min.
Disarmed them all and no skill ups. Do they have to be light blue or higher? They are grey to me at level 80.

Lace
Talisman Guild
Tunare

Lace of Shadows
100 Rogue
Talisman Guild
Tunare Server

You have to kick at the darkness 'til it bleeds daylight.
Cleptomaniac
Veteran

Reply With Quote   #18

Furlined said:
The Legends items in game are magic which I believe makes them not pickable.
True, but at least in some Katta missions I have been able to pick some very nice things. Will leave it at that for now.

Padgin
Registered Member

Reply With Quote   #19

I have been getting skill ups in the same places as before, off grey conned Mobs. They just take forever to raise. I have also worked blue and higher, durring raids, and durring groups. The level of the con is irrelevant, it just takes forever and a day!

fhrugby
Registered Member

Reply With Quote   #20

I maxed pick pocket and did alot of headway on begging on Exterminator Sutten in Rivervale. He has a ton of hitpoints for a lvl 30 mob (more than 2 million according to a post on allas) so I did not come close to riposting him to death, plus he is on separate faction from all the other mobs and he did not get adds. (this may be true for every cities Exterminator)

I used a keyboard with an autofire option. I pulled him to the back cave, just to avoid lookeloos, and autofired the pickpocket hotkey. I swapped in the begging hotkey to that number once pickpocket was maxed. He carries a weapon too so was able to get some disarm skillups, but once it was finally successful I stopped getting skillups. Took a few hours while I played ogame and Europa Universalis on my laptop =)

Perhaps if there some grey con mob with a no drop weapon that he wields, you could disarm him all day and max it out with ease.

Explorer McSean the Examiner
level 78 Halfling Rogue
Xegony
Nasti
Registered Member

Reply With Quote   #21

I maxed pickpocket on Dwarf guards in South Kaladim, when I aggroed I zoned out to BBm and did those guards til I again aggroed, and just went back and forth.

I am considering also trying to train disarm in a town by handing a fine steel weapon to a guard and disarming. I have had both disarm and intimidation on my evade hotkey for a long time, going up quite slowly.

Kudladar
Registered Member

Reply With Quote   #22

Nasti said:
I maxed pickpocket on Dwarf guards in South Kaladim, when I aggroed I zoned out to BBm and did those guards til I again aggroed, and just went back and forth.

I am considering also trying to train disarm in a town by handing a fine steel weapon to a guard and disarming. I have had both disarm and intimidation on my evade hotkey for a long time, going up quite slowly.

Unfortunately this was changed a long time ago. If you give an NPC something and it's not part of a quest they will give it back to you.

Wang
Registered Member

Reply With Quote   #23

Disarm & Intimidation do not require attack to be off.
Its much more productive to add them to your backstab key as you lose 0 DPS from this. (I do think it adds aggro though)
Skill up time is ridiculous.

Buanu
Registered Member

Reply With Quote   #24

Is there a point to working on these (i.e. are they useful any more), or is this question just for completeness?

Buanu Slagheart
Stickin' it to 'em for over 6 years now
My loot: http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=1307976
Cleptomaniac
Veteran

Reply With Quote   #25

Buanu said:
Is there a point to working on these (i.e. are they useful any more), or is this question just for completeness?
Disarm can be somewhat useful every now and then kinda sorta but not really lol. Pickpocket though definately has it's uses

Lace Of Shadows
Registered Member

Reply With Quote   #26

General Jared Blaystich is a great mob to get disarm skillups on. He is located in Echo Caverns (zone in from SH and hang a right through the stone door) in the big building.

Pull him out of the building and use Smokescreen to ditch the adds....the General will always resist. Pull him away from the rest and go to town.

He has a fair number of hitpoints and his weapon can never be disarmed. I got skillups every 10-15 disarms on average.

Tips:
Remove your weapons
Get regen from a druid or shammy (you'll never need a heal that way)
Turn away from the mob inbetween disarms so that you don't riposte the General

Hmm....having a cleric merc may work well...it will get heal aggro so that the General is not beating on you, so no ripostes. Worth a try.

Lace of Shadows
"Killer Attack Halfling"
85 Rogue
Tunare Server

odnz
Registered Member

Reply With Quote   #27

dunno i got disarm skillups on the guards in GL

Padgin
Registered Member

Reply With Quote   #28

Well, I put in 212 disarm attempts on guards in the lobby. I got them all disarmed. Not a single skill increase. Argh.........

Padgin
Registered Member

Reply With Quote   #29

I finally got one skill up after 418 attempts....
So, at roughtly ten seconds an attempt that is roughly and hour and ten minutes per skill up. Ya.... I think I will continue working this!

Kragar
Registered Member

Reply With Quote   #30

Lace Of Shadows said:
General Jared Blaystich
I used this guy to skillup disarm, begging, intimidation, and pickpocket.
-Solo pull to an empty corner is easy with trap.
-Use a cleric merc on efficient, remove weapons and mez every time you can for the first 5 minutes...after that, heal aggro won't be a concern.

Also, I recommend a good Kakuro puzzle book.