I have had a chance to go back and make a lot of the requested changes that people have been asking for, over and over and over.
You can check the changelog attached below, but the three most requested changes are in place.
You can now re-sort the columns in both the Fight Navigator, and the Fight Overview.
I have added the ability to auto-monitor your favorite log file, so if you always look at the same log file, you only need to turn on this option and every time you load up GamParse, it will start monitoring automatically.
And the biggie, I have put in a lot of code to handle identifying and joining of pets, so now you don't have to spend so much time identifying and combining pets, it will mostly just do it for you.
Obvious pets will be found easily, so `s warder
and `s pet
will always link, but pets with system generated names, like mage and necro pets, will need something else. The mage spell Elemental Symbiosis will allow GamParse to link the pet to the owner, but you can always target a pet and use the command /PET LEADER and it will tell you who its owner is, and GamParse can use that to link the pet to the owner.
You can then select to see pets joined or separate with a single click on the Fight Overview tab.
If you find there was a pet that hadn't been linked, you can manually link it, or you can find it and /PET LEADER on it yourself, GamParse will find it, and either manually or through /PET LEADER, GamParse will then attempt to make this link for all fights you have open. Simply reselect the fight and you will have the updated information.
I currently find I can post the fight DPS to the guild about 15 seconds after the fight completed, maybe quicker if I don't wait to see what loots are linked.
Give it a try, let me know if you like it, or if there is anything that you would like added to it. Obviously any changes will need to fit with the capabilities of the program.
See the end of this post for several screen shots showing some of the new features.
You can check out the forums to get the program and the information of changes at:
Or you can just straight to the download thread:
And you can view the full changelog here:
As always, feel free to share this program within your guild, but please link back to this post on this forum so they can get my little sales pitch. :D
GamParse v0.9.9 - October 4th, 2007
* By very popular request auto-merging of pets is finally here !!
--- pets which share the owners names are automatically identified, and the pet associated with its owner.
--- Mage pets can be identified when ever they do a 'Elemental Symbios' or similar spell.
--- Infomation from /pet leader is also used.
* Fight overview can now be seen with pets merged to their owners, or with the pets and owners shown separately.
--- You can change between these modes using the Merge pets / Split pets button.
--- You can manually link pet to their owners if the information wasn't available in the log file.
--- When you manually link pets, it will attempt to make the same link for all existing fights, and store that information for any fights you see until the program is closed.
--- You can do a /pet leader on any unknown pets, and GamParse will see the information and update past fights with the new information.
--- You may want to encourage your mages to target their pets and do /pet leader before each encounter, and after summoning any new pets so the information is always available to GamParse.
* Also by very popular request, you can now sort the columns for the Fight Overview, and the Fight Navigator by clicking on the headings.
--- When you Export to HTML or Send to EQ on the Fight Overview, it will re-sort the list by Total Damage before producing the information.
* Another popular request completed was the 'auto-monitor' mode. You can set GamParse to start monitoring your favorite log file on start up. Check the options tab for details.
* A one line summary of the tanking information of the selected player can now be generated and sent to EQ.
* Any tracked pets will now be suppressed from appearing as a fight. This only works if the pet has been previously identified as a pet, so use the /pet leader command early, and often. Elemental Symbiosis will no longer place the Mage's pet on the fight list.
* The built in instructions have been updated to cover all the latest changes. Remember you can access them under the instructions menu, or by enabling (and reseting) the tips option.
* The DPS Send to EQ option has a couple new customizations:
--- You can force the letters 'dps' to be appended to the DPS numbers to make them more readable in EQ.
--- You can suppress the opponent's name, total damage taken, and total DPS from being output if you need the extra space to output a very large number of players when outputting to EQ.
* Updated how archery damage is tracked when you are out of range for 'regular' damage messages. This only affects your own archery, to track other's archery, you still need to be close enough to the target.
* Fixed a bug that made some log files sit at 100% complete, but never show the fights.
* Fixed a bug where selecting a player on the tanking page who been attacked, but defended all blows, causing a divide by zero error.