TheSafehouse

The most exciting phrase to hear in science, the one that heralds new discoveries, is not Eureka! (I found it!) but rather, "hmm.... that's funny...." - Isaac Asimov

Safehouse Forums

Safehouse Site Info

The end is nigh

FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Droog_RN
Registered Member

Knave's Return Strike + Double Riposte
Reply With Quote   #1

I don't have either AA yet - I never bought double riposte because I'm still catching up on basic DPS/survivability AA's, and I only managed to bank 5 pts before SoF launched.

However, I've been 3 boxing more and more lately (rogue as tank), and I'm wondering if these 2 will stack (up to 2 full damage backstabs on a riposte). If so, that could be pretty potent. Anyone know for sure?

Coridila
Registered Member

Re: Knave's Return Strike + Double Riposte
Reply With Quote   #2

The work independent of each other.

Droog_RN
Registered Member

Reply With Quote   #3

Sorry, what does that mean exactly?

KRS can fire on ANY riposte, even the second stab of a double riposte?

Or...

When you riposte, -either- KRS -or- Double Riposte -or- neither will fire?

billyup
Registered Member

Reply With Quote   #4

it should fire on any riposte double or not i think thats the idea to make us slightly less dependant on the backarc. more hits for more giving better dps from any angle

rewired
Registered Member

Reply With Quote   #5

I don't really see how this will work well to eliminate our arc dependency. Riposte comes into play largely when tanking. If we're attacking from the front of a mob, and not the focus, the only time we'll ripo, is off of a ripo. I cant imagine the numbers of that being high enough to really peel us off the back of a mob.

I have a feeling this is put in place so we can semi effectively tank/duo, and/or farm low level crap, say for trade skills.

billyup
Registered Member

Reply With Quote   #6

I don't really see how this will work well to eliminate our arc dependency. Riposte comes into play largely when tanking. If we're attacking from the front of a mob, and not the focus, the only time we'll ripo, is off of a ripo. I cant imagine the numbers of that being high enough to really peel us off the back of a mob.

I have a feeling this is put in place so we can semi effectively tank/duo, and/or farm low level crap, say for trade skills.
thats exactly what we're saying brudda man. haha maybe you're confused as to what removing some backarc dependencies means. knaves wont remove back arc dependencies nothing will short of giving us aas that make our backstabs work exactly same in front as in back which would be retarded imo. but, it will help a little bit. i see ripostes offa ae ramps and enrage so no matter what its gonna help dps some. also mobs turn sometimes without it being noticed, so theres another chance of this coming into play. yes it will majorly help duo's and solos will also help us pull 1k grey mobs and watch them all die in a few combat rounds *cheese* please dont taake any of this as a personal attack i just think you where a bit confused

rewired
Registered Member

Reply With Quote   #7

I have every idea what it means to remove the backarc dependency.

Reread what you wrote here, and please explain what you were trying to get across, other then the fact that you believe KRS can fire off of any riposte.

it should fire on any riposte double or not i think thats the idea to make us slightly less dependant on the backarc. more hits for more giving better dps from any angle
Frankly, the DPS granted from a KRS hit will be a drop in the bucket. Say your mob is ramping once every...20 seconds, and you hit for a 2k KRS every 3rd ramp, your talking...33.3~ dps. I am willing to bet that statistically that's going to be smaller then the window of statistical anomaly for that fight.

billyup
Registered Member

Reply With Quote   #8

ok as long as we're all clear on this. ( i post alot right after i wake up just so you know haha) you're right it will be a drop in the bucket but lets say you use every drop they give us thats a whole half bucket more. i can live with 100 more dps, on occasion a little more, from an aa or 2

Droog_RN
Registered Member

Reply With Quote   #9

rewired said:
Say your mob is ramping once every...20 seconds, and you hit for a 2k KRS every 3rd ramp, your talking...33.3~ dps. I am willing to bet that statistically that's going to be smaller then the window of statistical anomaly for that fight.
I'm not going to say that it will make a big difference... but many of the mobs my guild hits AE Ramp like mad. Probbaly as much as 1 per 5 sec. And each Wild ramp you are in range for will be as many as 4 attacks and a bash... so that adds up to alot of ripostes in a long fight.

EDIT:

I'd still like to know if anyone out there who has both of these AAs has seen KRS fire a double backstab on a double riposte.

Last edited by Droog_RN; 11-20-07 at 08:48 AM.
SincroFashad
Former EQ Rogue Community Leader

Reply With Quote   #10

I've got both, and no, I have not seen it happen yet.

- Sinc
Nightblade Sincro Fashad
Triality, Maelin

AFK Message: No, you didn't consent me, that's why you got my /ttell consent hotkey. Arguing with me just makes me not want to drag you at all.
Chehalis
Registered Member

Reply With Quote   #11

Not to sound silly, but this line in the disc description befuddled me:
"Additional ranks increase the chance of a riposte with a kick"

Does this mean it increases our chance of riposting with a backstab when the MOB kicks? or Does it mean it increases our chance of riposting WITH a kick (which rogues do not get hence this would have to be a typo)?

Bors
Registered Member

Reply With Quote   #12

What you really want is KRS along with the AAs to raise the level cap on Assasinate. Much soloing fun can be had.

IssusTruspirit
Registered Member

Reply With Quote   #13

Bors said:
What you really want is KRS along with the AAs to raise the level cap on Assasinate. Much soloing fun can be had.
Now i like that idea! /grins evilly