TheSafehouse

Life is pain. Anyone who says differently is selling something - William Goldman

Safehouse Forums

Safehouse Site Info

The end is nigh

FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Grymze
Registered Member

Practicing pick lock, remove traps, sense traps
Reply With Quote   #1

I am trying to find out where I can go practice my trap skills and pick lock while solo. Just returned to eq after 6 yrs and my trap skills are nil.

Thanks and good hunting,

Grymze Ebonblade
60 Assassin on The Seventh Hammer

teffi
Registered Member

Re: Practicing pick lock, remove traps, sense traps
Reply With Quote   #2

As far as I can remember, just hitting sense traps, no matter where you are, will net skill ups.

I seem to remember spam-clicking the big stone that falls out of the ceiling in solb (right next to the bugs and bats camp) until my disarm traps was maxed.

azdbaxx
Registered Member

Reply With Quote   #3

As far as Pick Locks goes, just go to Plane of Tranquility. The giant book in the room where you zone in from PoK is a lock. Just click away. I use it everytime I gain a level to max the skill.

Wdor Bitteralmondtaste
85 Rogue
Catalysts
Povar

Coridila
Registered Member

Reply With Quote   #4

Sense trap I beleive you need to be moving now, also may possibly need to be within range to a trap for the skill to go up? Remove traps is a default skill that everyone has, and does not increase. Disarm traps is probably what you mean, I beleive the falling ceiling trap in Sol B still works. And yeah, Pick Lock the book in PoTranq.

Wang
Registered Member

Reply With Quote   #5

Coridila said:
Sense trap may possibly need to be within range to a trap for the skill to go up? .
There are threads on this here.
Go to the zone near nexus where the needlite queen is and by the pink tentacles in the wall and ceiling you can get skillups.

Viiggo
Registered Member

Reply With Quote   #6

Ok, i just have to say, every time somsone asks about skilling up these skills, someone points out the PoTranquility book.. And this IS a great place to skill up to cap, BUT, you can not go there until lvl 46, and not all rogues start at lvl 46.. a few of us play levels lower than this.

As for skilling below level 46, Befallen used to be THE place for lockpick skilling , but when i went there recently to begin my picking skill, all the doors were no longer locked. I got some text about the door opening, but was getting no skill, and when i happened to try opening the door without my picks in hand, the door opened anyway.. I tried this on the other doors in befallen and ALL of the previously locked doors opened without problem, while my lockpicks were still in my bag. I then decided to go try to work on the doors in Najena, that an older rogue of mine used to pick to let people into Drlnas room, and those doors are no longer pickable AT ALL.. So .. where are rogues supposed to work up lockpick skill, pre lvl 46 now? Without going into an LDoN, and hoping you find a locked chest, there are no longer any locations to skil up lockpicking until you reach level 46.

As for Sense Traps, as mentioned, the spores in the Echo caverns hallway are great, it takes a while, but just sit down and spam the skill. Disarm traps is best on the block in Sol B. hide/sneak to it, scroll in to first person and spam the U key. this goes VERY fast. For Pickpockets i just have that in a key i use during combat, when i hide I PP to. You Used to be able to dual another player, and practice PP on thier pet, and there was even a rumor that if you succeeded PP on an enchanter pet it died LOL.. but in many many attempts i never had it happen. I recently tried skilling up PP on an 81 enc pet, and was getting no skill, so i dont think pet picking works anymore.

Last edited by Viiggo; 06-12-09 at 01:00 AM.
Durden
Veteran

Reply With Quote   #7

I know for a fact (at least since 2000) that the only doors you could pick in Najena were the cells outside Rathyl's room, and both doors to Rathyl. You could not pick Najena's or Drelzna's doors.

Durdaen Darkpoint
Retired - Marauder, Deceiver, Back Stabber, Nightblade, Gentlemen Assassin.
The Safehouse
Mystical Lightfighters
Erollisi Marr server
Catweazel
Veteran

Reply With Quote   #8

There is a locked door in the hotel in Crescent Reach. I think it is there for a quest and intended for newb's.

Coridila
Registered Member

Reply With Quote   #9

Viiggo said:
Ok, i just have to say, every time somsone asks about skilling up these skills, someone points out the PoTranquility book.. And this IS a great place to skill up to cap, BUT, you can not go there until lvl 46, and not all rogues start at lvl 46.. a few of us play levels lower than this.
His Sig said he was lvl 60, so I figured PoTranq was not an issue. Under 46 you could probably do the rock door to The Hole, in Paineel

teffi
Registered Member

Reply With Quote   #10

Coridila said:
His Sig said he was lvl 60, so I figured PoTranq was not an issue. Under 46 you could probably do the rock door to The Hole, in Paineel
I think you have to have ~150+ skill to pick that door, actually.

Viiggo
Registered Member

Reply With Quote   #11

Durden said:
I know for a fact (at least since 2000) that the only doors you could pick in Najena were the cells outside Rathyl's room, and both doors to Rathyl. You could not pick Najena's or Drelzna's doors.
I know for a fact that I used my old rogue 2 years ago to pick Drelnas room to let my group in for Fable Jboot camp.

Cleptomaniac
Veteran

Reply With Quote   #12

Viiggo said:
I know for a fact that I used my old rogue 2 years ago to pick Drelnas room to let my group in for Fable Jboot camp.
Hmm was pretty sure I had to go kill for the key and or get people to let me in. Could be wrong though, been several years at least since I went down there.

Eleena Transient
Registered Member

Reply With Quote   #13

Viiggo said:
Have you tried recently? Was told that PoTranq was not level restricted now.

Rasper Helpdesk of Rathe (via Prexus via Terris Thule)
My guides
Doinit
Registered Member

Reply With Quote   #14

The door to the hole is a great place to skill-up pick lock as long as u have an EB item. I skilled from 0-180 there with no problem.

Tenstone
Registered Member

Reply With Quote   #15

You can also skill up Pick Locks on the elevator going down to the city of Paineel.