TheSafehouse

Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds. - Albert Einstein

Safehouse Forums

Safehouse Site Info

The end is nigh

FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Suldaien
Registered Member

Maybe a trip back down memory lane....
Reply With Quote   #1

I've been considering dropping back into EQ on one of the new progression servers. Frankly, I'm not interested in going back as a rogue. No soloability in the old world, and when caught up on content, no viability with other classes far outparsing us, just doesn't jive for me and I don't see Sony fixing it, I already leveled one rogue with the majority of my time spent doing CRs because I had to solo, or worse pretend to tank.

So which server would y'all recommend?

Pyro
Registered Member

Re: Maybe a trip back down memory lane....
Reply With Quote   #2

Be a zerker or a ranger they are both OP as ****, but rangers are probably due for a big nerf next expansion. But I could totally be wrong. Be a ranger if you want to be able to as much DPS as a zerker and solo content with ease and like 30k+ heals. but if you want to do consistent rape DPS all the time all around just be a zerker, but you can't solo that well. ALTHOUGH PROBABLY STILL BETTER THAN A ROGUE.

Suldaien
Registered Member

Reply With Quote   #3

Was considering a 2box combo, probably SK and Shammy so I can pull the noob armor then race change to iksar when kunark launches...

brogett
EQ Community
Round Table Member

Reply With Quote   #4

If you want the ability to solo, probably necromancer is still the king and (currently) hugely overpowered on raid parses too if DPS is still your thing. Of course chosing a class based on that alone would be foolish as we all know the wheel keeps on turning and you can never rely on a dominant position for too long.

If you want to stick to melee DPS, I'd say monk - especially in combination with shaman. They're better tanks so work nicely as a duo. They're better at single pulling. They're (rightly so) better frontal dps, which is also good for duo. Raid DPS wise they're currently up there along with rogues - my experience is they're slightly ahead, but the top guilds I think find them slightly behind.

Fydel
Veteran

Reply With Quote   #5

Current situation on Prog servers is as follows:

SK's are a dime a dozen. Most are boxed, due to HT being stupid OP atm. 32K hp raid mobs and HT doing 5k per click makes raids boil down to who has the most SK's that are not afk.

Zerkers/BL are not in game yet.

There are alot of monks due to h2h damage scaling being better than most velious weapons currently, and we are in classic still with Kunark opening in about a month. Monks are judged by their pulling skills, as always.

Pets are also OP, with magician pets being far, far superior with focus. I've seen several mages app to my guild that are lvl50 and mostly nekkid due to not needing gear for the most part.

All this looks bleak for classic, but honestly unless you know your class I don't have much trouble as a 50 rogue with BIS gear (aside from the cursed PoSky dagger, items for that never, ever, friggin drop it seems) outdps monks. So what does that say for their hax h2h damage .

The group game on Fippy is still well alive for early levels, but Vulak having lower population is pretty dead from what I've heard. But I don't play on Vulak, so take that with a grain of salt.

Edit: It's funny though, Pyro. Twisted Legion is the #1 raid guild on the server, and I believe alot of the members are from Realm of Insanity, or at least, the higher ups.

-----------------------------------
Bolbo Rogue of Twisted Legion - Fippy Darkpaw
Bolbo 89th Rogue of Test (Retired)
Trenix 85th Wizard of Test (Retired)

Last edited by Fydel; 04-30-11 at 05:07 PM.
Xaxony Silentshadow
Veteran

Reply With Quote   #6

Suldaien said:
I've been considering dropping back into EQ on one of the new progression servers. Frankly, I'm not interested in going back as a rogue. No soloability in the old world, and when caught up on content, no viability with other classes far outparsing us, just doesn't jive for me and I don't see Sony fixing it, I already leveled one rogue with the majority of my time spent doing CRs because I had to solo, or worse pretend to tank.

So which server would y'all recommend?
Come to Cazic...you know you want to...

Miss ya punk :P

Gorben
Registered Member

Reply With Quote   #7

Pallies are few and far between on Vulak that's why I'm playing one. The group game on Vulak is doing well I have had no problems getting groups late nights (I live in US central time zone) or at any time of the day really. Its a nice change of pace from farming aa's that I don't need on my rogue. I'm looking forward to the Kunark release should be good times especially since I'm two boxing a rogue with my pally while another friend is doing monk/sham. Oh and the noobie armor quests are ez and get ya good gear that you wont need to replace for some time. Except for the newbie quest weapons which were nerfed recently. But weapons are cheap on Vulak you can get something decent for 100-250 plat no problem.

90 Half Elf Rogue of Bristlebane
Luclin(VEESHAN)server

Education is what you get from reading the fine print. Experience is
what you get from not reading it.

Last edited by Gorben; 05-02-11 at 09:17 PM.
Animosity
Registered Member

Reply With Quote   #8

come to fippy! i have been having a blast. like a previous person said there are barely any pallies and wizards on this server. So if that interests you try one of them out.

Suldaien
Registered Member

Reply With Quote   #9

I'm on Vulak now... boxing a SK/Druid combo, GM of <A Thousand Ashes> and my brother is our sole officer - playing a Necro. Goin strong already =D

Last edited by Suldaien; 06-07-11 at 02:46 PM.