Safehouse Forums

Safehouse Site Info

The end is nigh

FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

EZ_Sephron
Registered Member

Auto-Training
Reply With Quote   #1

Ok, i've been around Daoc for about a month and still havent found out what the entire truth is behind auto-training a skill. For example, how do you actually auto-train? do you continuosly use the skill. . .or does it come automaticly when you gain a lvl? Can you auto train after you have already put points into that skill? and what skills can get auto-training? I would like to autotrain stealth if i can respec at lvl 20 and take all of my stealth out and start auto-training from there. One last question, what level do you start to gain in autotraining?

Sorry if this post goes in circles, i just want to know as much as i can about it thank you

EZ_Cougar Pak
Registered Member

Re: Auto-Training
Reply With Quote   #2

Auto-Training, for assasins only, happens for Stealth only. It keeps your stealth at a minimum of 1/4 level (so at level 8 you can never have 1 stealth, you'll always have 2 -- level 32 you'll have 8, etc)

You can not 'cheat the respec system' and get more RPs. There is a long explaination, but i don't wanna get into it. Just know you cannnot cheat the respec and get free points. They designed it to prevent that eventuality.

If you have 2 points of stealth that you bought, but now want to start auto training you can, just stop training in stealth and you will get the next autotrain at level 12. You may continue to use the skill all you want, it is just going to be crappy.

Autotraining is a way to get more use out of our limited spec points.

EZ_Jammermon
Registered Member

Reply With Quote   #3

Actually every class Autotrains I think but only Assassins can actually attempt to and function.

See, every class has a key defining skill. The Singer classes (BArd, Minstrel, and Skald) will auto train Songs to 1/4 level but are so gimped that low it's un-playable.

I THINK each warrior class has a primary weapon Autotrain but again they are gimped beyond playable if they use it.

As I recall Pallys autotrain Chants but also have no legs and one arm if you try to...

Archer Classes Auto Train Bow to 1/4 of level but die to grays if you try this path...

Only Assassins actually can do their AT. By not Training stealth you can survive as a Lightweight Melee with 1/ AT stealth up into the 20's. This is primarily due to a lotta +Stealth Items in the game even at lower levels. The best plan I've used since the advent of Battlegrounds is to AT to L24 (but save all your L23 Train points unused). When you get the free skill 6 pump all your L23 and L24 Trains into Stealth (it ends up about 16 or 18 at L24) and hit BG 1 as a well trained Melee with good-nuff stealth to be a big bad-arse in a small playground.

Now its 20 free training points.

Jammer

PS in the old days before BG we auto trained to L32-L40 cause there was no use RvR-in' an assassin before that. BGs changed all that. This used to be 54 free train points. Jammer Mon
Steppenwulf
Jammster

"A rogue by any other name is still a Rogue... and to the ones who say "I'm a Rouge.... THATS A FRIGGIN MAKE-UP IT'S ROGUE ROGUE R-O-G-U-Effin' E!!!

EZ_Cougar Pak
Registered Member

Reply With Quote   #4

nod, I have a warrior that autotrains the 2 weapon types I"m not using..

I was meaning to only point out the autotraining skill for assasins, not that others couldn't autotrain.

EZ_Jammermon
Registered Member

Reply With Quote   #5

Exactly Cougar,

Example;

A warrior that did nothing but auto trained ALL weapons would be so gimped he best have black-mailable negatives on his Guidies so he gets some PL lovin'

Assassins can actually use their AT for some levels.

Jammer Jammer Mon
Steppenwulf
Jammster

"A rogue by any other name is still a Rogue... and to the ones who say "I'm a Rouge.... THATS A FRIGGIN MAKE-UP IT'S ROGUE ROGUE R-O-G-U-Effin' E!!!

EZ_Sephron
Registered Member

Re: Auto-training
Reply With Quote   #6

So, can hunters/scouts auto-train stealth?

EZ_Cougar Pak
Registered Member

Reply With Quote   #7

No

EZ_ZoldenShadowhunter
Registered Member

Reply With Quote   #8

I have a question that I am posting here as well as making a new post in the main hall because nothing seems to get answered:

I am an Axe spec SB, but want to respec axe to go the way of sword.(I have alot of good sword weapons, and 2h swords always seem to be better than any 2h axe counterpart).

Say I respec axe at 40, will it only go down to 12 points in the spec because of autotrain like stealth? Or will it be reset to 1... this is the question that I CANT seem to get answered in game or out, or on the camelot herald and so forth.

EZ_viktorr
Registered Member

Reply With Quote   #9

axe will go down to 1.

assasins only autotrain stealth.

sincerely vic

EZ_Avarys
Registered Member

Reply With Quote   #10

Correction...hunters do not autotrain anything.

EZ_Cadori
Registered Member

Reply With Quote   #11

Sephron, here's a breakdown of the free spec points you can get if you autotrain stealth (by not training a single point in it until a desired character level):

lvl stealth (savedPts)
08 02 (02)
12 03 (05)
16 04 (09)
20 05 (14)
24 06 (20)
28 07 (27)
32 08 (35)
36 09 (44)
40 10 (54)
44 11 (65)
48 12 (77)

Also, in case you didn't know, if you use the char builder at catacombs you can enter the number of saved points into the 'bonus points' field and look at different specs. (ie if you autotrain stealth to level 32, just enter 35 into the bonus points field and you can play around with possible specs). Hope that helps some.

EZ_Cadori
Registered Member

clarification
Reply With Quote   #12

Sorry, i realized I should have been a little more specific when I said "by not training a single point in it until a desired character level". I meant if you don't train any points in stealth from the start you will have the number of free points that I posted above. As Cougar Pak said, you can also start autotraining after putting a few points into stealth, but the free points you'd get would obviously be different(less) then what I show above.

EZ_halfhand
Registered Member

Re: clarification
Reply With Quote   #13

I wonder if warriors can spec one weapon line and get some free points at 40 if they switch to another line, since you get autotrained in all of Axe/Sword/Hammer no matter what.. my Hammer warrior could switch to Axe and get some free points..

-halfhand Halfhand X, L50 Norseman Shadowzerker, Elding Vakten
Minibeast Frosted, L26 Kobold Warrior
Rodez, L23 Norseman Berserker
Guildmaster Children of Loki [Bedevere]
http://www.childrenofloki.com/

EZ_Alderic
Registered Member

halfhand
Reply With Quote   #14

Since you won't get the 77 points spent to take hammer to 12 back, I don't think you'd get any benefits from it.

If you have 50 hammer and 12 axe, and respec hammer it should drop to 12, giving you enough point to take axe from 12 to 50 and nothing more.

(hope the second was clearer)

EZ_Needdo Underpaw
Registered Member

just a DAoC question
Reply With Quote   #15

Hello i just have a little question.

Ok if i AT in stealth till 24 and then ill be 6 in then i put the 20 points into it ill then be 26 in stealth right?
ok but can i still train in other things wal im not training in stealth like can i still traing in piercing and CS and stuff with my stealth AT points still going up plz reply

at this address saparol_1@hotmail.com

EZ_cmacord
Registered Member

Re: just a DAoC question
Reply With Quote   #16

Two corrections:

- Hunters can auto-train in Composite Bow.....only

- once you spend a single point in the auto-trainable skill for your class,
you kill auto-train forever. The *only* way that auto-train works is
if you never ever put the first point in that skill.

Artemiss Doolittle, Huntress of 47 Seasons

EZ_Sephron
Registered Member

Stealth Training
Reply With Quote   #17

WRONG! i trained in NOTHING until lvl 8 and got nothing for it. . . .do not try to auto train anything on your hunter. . . he does not auto-train!

EZ_Gruntylilpal
Registered Member

Re: Stealth Training
Reply With Quote   #18

U dont automatically train when u do nothing...u auto train when u raise other skills but not the auto train skill...only happens when u are at the trainer.

EZ_Needdo Underpaw
Registered Member

Just a DaoC question
Reply With Quote   #19

I was talking about nightshades not hunters hehe

Plz im still looking for an answer to my question

EZ_Oddr Skald
Registered Member

Re: Just a DaoC question
Reply With Quote   #20

**Ok if i AT in stealth till 24 and then ill be 6 in then i put the 20 points into it ill then be 26 in stealth right?
ok but can i still train in other things wal im not training in stealth like can i still traing in piercing and CS and stuff with my stealth AT points still going up plz reply8**

*6 autotrained stealth + 20 pts= 8 stealth with 5 points left over. Stop training all skills at 22nd level or so, so you have some points to put into stealth when you do train it at 24.

*Yes, you can train other skills while autotraining stealth.

Hope that helped some...

EZ_Sarire
Registered Member

Reply With Quote   #21

You will not autotrain anything until level 8 when the autotrained skill will increase. However, there are clases that do not autotrain anyting, at least not in the same way. Casters for instance, do not increase in any skill without training. They will, however, recieve level associated spells of the various skill types. I also do not think that friars autotrain, but I'm not completely cirtain about that. Sarire Dreamsinger
Level 50 Virtuosa
GrandMaster level (910) in an unimportant tradeskill

EZ_Bia Bia
Registered Member

Reply With Quote   #22

only class that i know of that will not autotrain in anything is friars.

EZ_Tantarian Argus
Registered Member

Reply With Quote   #23

Paladin's Autotrains Slash - not chant's =)

And Bia - Most Hib Classes dont autotrain, only Rangers ( Bow ) and Shades ( Stealth ) Autotrain in Hib. Edited by: Tantarian Argus at: 6/2/03 12:57:41 am

EZ_khabalseed
Registered Member

Reply With Quote   #24

Paladins get autotrain in Slash AND Chants, I can sure it to you, cuz I have one autotrained in both skills (autotrained slash till lvl 40 and Chants till lvl 16)

EZ_Rhubarb Toast
Registered Member

Reply With Quote   #25

Could you respec stealth and then start auto-training? Edited by: Rhubarb Toast at: 6/3/03 9:51 pm

EZ_Jammermon
Registered Member

Reply With Quote   #26

Rhubard when you respec Stealth you would drop to whatever level you were THEN divided by 4, rounded down.

So if you respecced stealth at Level 12 skill would drop to three.

Now IF you hit L16 whether or not you went to skill 4 Im not sure, I would think you would.

Jammer Jammer Mon
Steppenwulf
Jammster

EZ_VT Avarys
Registered Member

Reply With Quote   #27

"only class that i know of that will not autotrain in anything is friars."

Hunters do not autotrain anything either. Darith Volsung - 50 Hunter
Avarys - 48 Shadowblade
Tagnarn Blackforge - 37 Warrior
Cerrand Elfbane - 34 Runemaster
Co-GM Volsung Tribe (Galahad)