TheSafehouse

"Me i'm dishonest, and a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest, honestly. It's the honest ones you want to watch out for, because you can never predict when they're going to do something incredibly stupid" -- Capt Jack Sparrow

Safehouse Forums

Safehouse Site Info

The end is nigh

FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Rwekk
Registered Member

Re: Guide to raising Poison Fast and Cheap!
Reply With Quote   #251

I had already hit 292 poison before i read the post 2 spots up.

Earlier I had tried to make the new DD rogue only poisons to skill up and it gives a msg saying you can't attempt that. The trivial was only 20 points higher. So I read the boards here and saw a post saying the new cheap poisons are not intended to skill up on.

I never gave it a second thought to check it again at a higher level. It appears to be a over site on the skill checks. Lets say a poison is 272 trivial. You can't attempt the new DD poison until you are 272+. Now that doesnt work on poisons above 300, because we can't get high enough for the 350+ trivials. So they put a check in that if you are over 300 skill you can create the poisons (have a chance at).

That would have worked fine if it checked your unmodded skill. There for you would never have gained off the all vendor bought super cheap poisons. But w/ your trophy and a modded skill of 300+ you fool it.

I went from 292 skill w/ level 5 trophy to 300 and max trophy for about 300 plat. All vendor bought, in an hours time or two maybe.

Prior, 275 to 292 took me a couple days of buying in bazarre and hunting my own crystallized sulfur, phosp powder etc.

Folks needing to skill up do it now. I really can't see this not getting fixed. I think its a bug/oversite and will get fixed soon.

That being said, I also spent a day or two doing the Grandmaster seal quest. This is a nice item, but I got it soley to skill up. Don't waste your time, just power through on the vendor items. You won't need advanced vials for those recipies.

Ngreth Thergn
Sony Online Entertainment

Reply With Quote   #252

Droog_RN said:
<camouflages this post with indigenous vegetation as Ngreth cruises past>

Pay no attention to that bush moving around there by that tree. It's just a bush. Don't even look twice at it. Nothing to be alarmed about.
I have been aware of this for a while

I am just not sure there is anything I can do about it.

If I can though, I likely will. Enjoy cheesing the system while you can.

Note. I will official state... skillups on DPS poisons is *NOT* intended. So yes, it is officially an exploit to use them to gain make poison skill. I officially ask you to not use this exploit.

Take that as you will I have said what I am allowed and will say on the subject, except to repeat the same things I have said

Last edited by Ngreth Thergn; 05-04-09 at 09:42 AM.
Aroidan
Registered Member

Reply With Quote   #253

The previous post from ngreth is quite old now, so I am not sure as to what changes are new or old. I currently have an unmodded skill of 286, which modded comes to 308. I got there by following the reccomended path on EQtraders, and then spent 3 hrs or so farming scorpikis poisons, which got me a further 11 pts out of 200 combines.

My question now is, do I need to go back and form more Scorpikis poisons, or CoD drops? or is there a better path to hit 300 unmodded and max out trophy?

All the DD poisons I can see on the merchants to make seem to have a triv of 260, so I don't see how you can lvl up on those as previous people in this thread seem to be mentioning. (and yes, I realize those posts are 8 months old or so.)

thanks for any help offered.

clearbrooke
Registered Member

Reply With Quote   #254

I used the scorpikus venom all the way to 300. To evolve the trophy, you can do some of the newer combines, but yeah.. good old scorpikus venoms to 300 =\

moonglumm
Registered Member

Reply With Quote   #255

I went the Spine Rend route to 300 and also to maxing out my trophy. The only thing you have to buy/farm is Crystallized Sulfur. I bought stacks and stacks of it in the bazaar when I was doing skill ups. Not sure what the market is like now though. Everything else is store bought. That's what I'd recommend anyways.

Moonglumm
Ring of Valor
Bristlebane